Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
    Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1546
      Country Flag: Belgium
      Sad to see this Andrew,

Keep pushing the insurance companies, good luck!

Country Flag: United States
      I thought I would give a quick update on what is happening with the Cougar and a little about what's going on in my life.

The insurance company has been slow to work with, but they have been responsive. We have come to a settlement and I am hoping to receive a check soon. What happens to the Cougar is still up in the air. The damage is very fixable, but I am eager to start another project. On the other hand, it is tempting to fix the Cougar and build it to version 2.0. In the middle of March, right before the COVID-19 thing blew everything up, my wife and I were in Kansas City looking at various areas and houses. We plan to move there sometime in the next 60-90 days. This pandemic is the ultimate test of being able to deal with uncertainty, but we are managing it well.

I enjoy doing little project on the Cougar. It's hard to believe that it is almost five years since she has been on the road. With any car there are always maintenance issues to address. Since I have DBW throttle bodies that live outside the engine back, exposed to the elements, the wiring for the TBs has taken quite a beating. The sun's UV rays beat up the wiring insulation and this ultimately leads to DBW errors that leads to going into "limp mode."

The Holley DBW cables are quite long, so it is just a matter of stripping back the cable insulation and get to some new, fresh wires.

The DBW connectors are Metripack GT150 series. I purchased new connectors and already had the proper terminals and cable seals in my wiring tool box.

Good as new...

More to come...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Hey Andrew when u get here to kansas city u will have to give me a shout. Love to see ur cougar or whatever u end up with (I also here ur good at tuning) lol. What are u going to be doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Hey Andrew when u get here to kansas city u will have to give me a shout. Love to see ur cougar or whatever u end up with (I also here ur good at tuning) lol. What are u going to be doing here?
      Sent you a PM.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Andrew good luck with the move and the decision on which way to go on the Cougar.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Nice work Andrew! Glad to hear that you are getting the insurance business settled. It's a very cool project, but I can understand wanting to move on.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

This week I finally got a settlement check from the other driver's insurance company. Despite being a little slow to respond and no doubt Covid-19 having something to do with that, I am pleased with the settlement. Given that my wife and I are in the process of relocating, the repairs on the Cougar are put on hold. The car is running and driving and it doesn't make much sense to start any sort of repair process at the moment.

As a follow up to the last update, I had my buddy Blake design some really neat covers for the throttle body connectors. He drew these up in SolidWorks and 3D printed them out of ABS plastic.

I had to de-pin the terminals from the connector body and fish the wires through. The fit is spot on!!!

Here you can see the difference between the 3D printed covers and my old balloon solution. I think these look much better!

Since I have installed these, we have had several really heavy storms with a lot of rain. The next morning I was able to start it up and have had zero issues. I think the combination of the new connectors and these covers should make this a fairly long term solution to keeping the throttle body connectors dry and protected from UV.

These covers would actually also be a great addition to any engine that uses the DBW throttle bodies. If anyone is interested in them, send me a PM and I will see if Blake wants to make some more.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Besides keeping them dry they give it a really clean look. Very nice.

Hey Andrew those look great! Do you use any dielectric grease to keep any possible moisture out?
      Looks like it would seal really well though.
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Besides keeping them dry they give it a really clean look. Very nice.
      Agreed. I may have him do a slightly different style next time with a slight sweep forward instead of the wires going straight down.

Quote Originally Posted by ekmxryda View Post
      Hey Andrew those look great! Do you use any dielectric grease to keep any possible moisture out?
      Looks like it would seal really well though.
      I have not used any grease because the high temperature in the area would make it all melt. The old non-covered connectors lasted about 3 years before starting to give me any issues. The new connectors (they have an internal silicone seal) in addition to the new covers should make these last at least a few years.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Those are really slick!

I probably mentioned this in prior posts, but I am now living in Kansas City, and the Cougar is finally here with me. One of the things that has been bothering me for a while is the change in the exhaust note. I think my old mufflers were getting blown out and the sound was just not pleasant and way too loud for my taste.

So a friend of a friend recommended a local place and I went to see them for a consultation. I knew that I wanted to keep the tailpipes and that I wanted an X-pipe. Recall that this exhaust had no crossover pipe of any kind. We discussed muffler type and brand. I wanted things quiet, but I also didn't want turbo mufflers. I personally think the tone of turbo mufflers is just no that appealing. We discussed Magnaflow, Flowmaster, DynoMax UltraFlow and a few others. I also knew that I wanted the biggest case muffler that can fit in the space. He didn't care because I was ordering the parts. I settled on the 20" case DynoMax UltraFlows.

I got home and started looking up the pricing and the UltraFlows were like $120 each. That got me thinking about Borla ProXS mufflers, so I checked their website. Turns out they have 19" case mufflers and they were $15 cheaper. I ordered the Borla mufflers, Magnaflow x-pipe and a pair of Jegs brand v-band clamps.

Here are some in process pictures of the installation.

These are the old pipes from the manifolds to the mufflers.

Mocking up the x-pipe.

X=pipe in place:

Mocking up the mufflers:

Getting the tailpipes lighted up.

Final installation with both tailpipes attached.

I am very pleased with the installation and the sound. It is super mellow at idle, but starts to get a little volume around 2000RPM. It has a nice deep tone and the exhaust note is greatly smoothed out, not doubt because of the x-pipe. I am also pretty sure that the x-pipe added a good bit of torque below 2500rpm.

I have video clips of the sound posted on my Instagram account.

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 07-02-2020 at 01:01 PM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Hey, I know someone that needs that driveshaft. LOL. I am sure you will be getting a call after the crazy holiday weekend, then we will be back in the garage. Keep your phone on. Talk soon. Car looks awesome.

How do you like the way the suspension performs with those underride traction bars?
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      How do you like the way the suspension performs with those underride traction bars?
      I am not sure how to answer that. What exactly are you asking about?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

He must be referring to the Cal-tracs

Oh yes, now I see those are Cal-tracs, my bad. Just curious if you'd recognized any binding or other ill effects. There seems to be some disagreement about whether Traction Masters hinder suspension movement enough to upset the handling.

Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      Oh yes, now I see those are Cal-tracs, my bad. Just curious if you'd recognized any binding or other ill effects. There seems to be some disagreement about whether Traction Masters hinder suspension movement enough to upset the handling.
      They work for what I need them to do. This is just a street car that sees an occasional trip to the drag strip. It does excellent burnouts without any wheel hop. I am sure they introduce some bind, but I don't really notice the effects of that.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Any sound clips yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Any sound clips yet?
      I ha e some posted on my Instagram
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com