Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Seeking career change

After 5 years of doing the office thing I would like to get back into a job that I get to actually do something during the day. Staring at a screen all day, while financially secure, is a rather soul sucking exercise for a person that likes being active and social.

I have experience reading servicing contracts and legislation (mortgage industry experience, highly transferable skill), I have helped run club web sites (over the year i have been a forum moderator and helped to found www.NJFBOA.org), and I have been around cars in a variety of forms most of my life (drag, autocross/track day, and even working on DIRT small block modifieds). I have basic welding and fabrication skills, customer service, I've written a few tech, how-to, and event coverage articles, and I have warehousing experience(big box store and distribution).I am also perfectly willing to relocate for a good opportunity.

If anyone has any leads or opportunities please shoot me a PM.

Thanks
      Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      New Jersey F-body Owners Association
      www.NJFBOA.org
      NJ's home for all owners, friends, and fans of Camaros and Firebirds

Manley and SLP are in NJ. As is American Autowire, IIRC. I'm in a similar situation. I'd love a job in the biz, but can't afford to start from scratch and not many performance jobs in this horrible state. If you're willing to relo, head to Charlotte, beat doors at the nascar teams and be happy.

Good luck!
      Camaro Convertible Build Pics - http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq198/rob07002/

www.musclerides.com

Rob Stevens

Slp was bought buy rousch and is now in Michigan
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

NJ is definitely a tough place to get into most things car related. I am going into this prepared and willing to relocate. Actually kind of hoping to relocate to tell the truth. Since I don't own a house, don't have any kids, no wife, no dog..........nothing to stop me I can go anywhere pretty easily.
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

Then run, don't walk! Seriously, NJ is a tough place to live period. Way more cons then pros. There was another thread about the friendliest "car" places and Charlotte, as well as SoCal, for obvious reasons were highly rated. It's certainly tough to leave family and friends, but I've never heard someone say the wish the stayed in NJ. I can tell you this, I may have been born here, but I will not be buried here.
      Camaro Convertible Build Pics - http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq198/rob07002/

www.musclerides.com

Rob Stevens

Just wanted to bump this up. If anyone out there has any interesting leads please let me know. I am open to relocating for a good opportunity.

-Thanks
      -Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

Come to Nashville Tennessee!

Top rated business city over and over again by all the top financial shows/mags and a city that is growing like mad. Business, construction and the economy of the city are far better than before the crash of 2008. Not many places can say that!

MANY business's relocating to Tennessee do to the business friendly environment and low taxes (NO State Income Tax). Ruger Firearms is just one of the newest.

If you don't have a decent paying job in Nashville you don't want one OR you are just plain Un-Employable!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
      Just wanted to bump this up. If anyone out there has any interesting leads please let me know. I am open to relocating for a good opportunity.

-Thanks
      -Tim
      hi Tim
      I was also thinking about starting a career in the car hobby, or as I call it my life. I just thought i would mention one that I was considering, Speedway Motors. They are kind of like Summit and Jegs. I'm not sure of their location but pretty sure not New Jersey.
      good luck
      -Anthony
      Anthony Hammond

Quote Originally Posted by octane speed shop View Post
      hi Tim
      I was also thinking about starting a career in the car hobby, or as I call it my life. I just thought i would mention one that I was considering, Speedway Motors. They are kind of like Summit and Jegs. I'm not sure of their location but pretty sure not New Jersey.
      good luck
      -Anthony
      They're in Nebraska

Thanks guys. I will check them out.

There just has to be something more to life than sitting in the pod farm staring at a monitor all day.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com