View Poll Results: What car do you want to see flush mount glass made for?

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1967-69 Camaro

107 39.34%
  • 2nd Gen Camaro

71 26.10%
  • Chevelle what year

43 15.81%
  • Nova what year

23 8.46%
  • Mustang what year

34 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Country Flag: United States

Flush Mount glass kits...who's in?

We have kicked around the idea for the last year on making flush mount glass kits. I need to know what cars you guys think would be a big hit and or what car you would buy one for and what price point do you think we can sell these at.

The last guy making them was trying to get $1999 for a set of front and rear glass and I think that is too high so what do you guys think we can sell them for. We don’t want to break the bank but we need to be able to make a little bit of money on these kits so we can make different kits for other applications. We were thinking in the $799-$899 for front and rear window kit with everything needed to install.

You thoughts?

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Fesler built; 07-03-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Chris Fesler

I think the trim looks nice on the 67-69 Camaros, and ties it into the drip rail trim. The 2nd gen Camaro I think is a great candidate as not all cars had drip rail trim, and the side glass had a smooth look, almost flush mount as well.

Oh and hey, btw, I have a 2nd gen Camaro laying around here in Gilbert in the early bodywork phases if you need a test car. HAHA.
    Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
    71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
    67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
    82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
    66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I love the flush glass look. You'd make some serious money if you can develop kits for other models besides first gen Camaros. I've searched long and hard and I can find several kits for 67-69 Camaro, but nothing for GM A-bodies or other popular cars. I can think of at least 3 people that would go for a kit for 68-69 A bodies, and I'd go for one as well. Just some info to think on.

Nelson
    Nelson
    1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

I really want it for my 67 mustang.n I think in the 1000$ ballpark would be good

First and second gen camaro/ firebird would be a great place to start as they are some of the most popular rebuilders. Mustangs is probably the second then chevelle and nova being hot for the drag racers.

As far as price i would suggest that you sell them as cheap as you can with out hurting your self. 800 or 900 dollars is a little high for me but its a hell of a lot better than 2000.

I know i will be looking for something like this in the future for my 75 camaro.

X2 on the 2nd Gen Camaro

Country Flag: Canada
    I am for a 70 -72 Chevelle kit...which has the antenna in the windshield already lol
    Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
    On twitter @raustinss
    On Instagram austinss70

68-69 Chevelle, need it now!

69 Nova here!

Sign me up for a first gen Camaro kit. Need it in the next 6 months.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
    2nd gen Camaro's fo show!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
    Follow us on Facebook

65/66 Mustangs both coupe and fastback.

72 gto

Pontiac Powered 72 GTO

Another vote for 68 Camaro in the 7-800 dollar range

Paul Krol
    1968 Camaro

67-69 Camaro/Firebird in the $700-$900 range.
    A day late and a dollar short!

68 Camaro here also.

Jim
    1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Country Flag: Canada
    Id love one for the 69 but how do they work? Is it a filler material between the stock glass and the metal windshield cut out?
    Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
    89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
    01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
    31 Scarab 2 x 454

After looking into the possibility of buying different types of glass, I found that many pieces come out oversized from production and are ground to spec size. Reason I found this was when the manufacturer had an issue with over clearancing glass for stock application like 88-what ever C-K series. It wouldnt hold the seal, the difference was something like no more than an 1/8 in.
    I have looked into building a , well system of simply filling in the gap enough to tighten up older cars so newer filler strips can be utilized. BIGGEST issue is chassis twist. This came from a GM engineer I talked to. The unibody torsion specs from 60s and 70s vs 80s-up with flush mount glass. There is a REAL issue. Even on my 84 Caprice.
    This is what I havent tried to get any parts bent up yet. With so many of the older cars having rust out in window areas adjusting the repairs to "tuck" glass shouldnt be hard.
    Heck roof chopping had people "sinking" glass into "pockets" that are sealed. Just helped tear down a truck recently the front and rear gass were sunk into cab. Interesting arrangement. But it worked till tree limb bashed up roof, now owner is going to rebuild with lift off steel "convertible" top.
    Honestly the implications of actually getting a better price point will be sheer volume of production.
    For my 2dr 84 Caprice and my 77 Monza Ill probably have to take different actions to attempt this modification.
    But good luck.
    Lee
    Lee Abel
    AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
    1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
    2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
    1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

69 camaro he'll yeah we're do I sign up

67 Camaro here. I am considering flush mount as well.
    Shannon

67 Camaro - Finally getting to BUILD it.

Camaro Build -> HERE

Our Drag boat blog and videos HERE

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast