Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

View Poll Results: What car do you want to see flush mount glass made for?

Voters
    272. You may not vote on this poll
    • 1967-69 Camaro

107 39.34%
    • 2nd Gen Camaro

71 26.10%
    • Chevelle what year

43 15.81%
    • Nova what year

23 8.46%
    • Mustang what year

34 12.50%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
      67 camaro,im in.
      dude...the comments

Quote Originally Posted by Evilone83 View Post
      First and second gen camaro/ firebird would be a great place to start as they are some of the most popular rebuilders. Mustangs is probably the second then chevelle and nova being hot for the drag racers.

As far as price i would suggest that you sell them as cheap as you can with out hurting your self. 800 or 900 dollars is a little high for me but its a hell of a lot better than 2000. auto clicker

I know i will be looking for something like this in the future for my 75 camaro.
      I think that is too high so what do you guys think we can sell them for. We don’t want to break the bank but we need to be able to make a little bit of money on these kits so we can make different kits for other applications.

Country Flag: Canada
      My .02 cents... I was all for this. But with the amount of fab you need to fit the cars body to the glass. Unless you building a show car. Throw on the window trim and call er a day. I’m gonna run my car a strip here and there too and that worries me as well. But I still think it looks soooo clean.

You can flush mount stock glass and save yourself a metric sh!+ton of money , plus at least you know stock glass fits the way it should
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Would love them for my 72' Malibu just hard forking out $1900.00 for them though. Then making sure your insurance will cover replacement for California road drivers

has anyone here purchased or know someone who purchased fesler flush mount glass for a 2nd gen fbody? There are two pictures on their website of some of the high-profile builds that used the glass, but I have yet to see anyone receive and use the glass in a 2nd gen fbody build.

Over the last four years I have been in discussions with them about placing an order. The glass was always "just a week or two out. Place your order now because we're only getting handfuls in at a time." I'd check back in two weeks. The status would be the same. I went through this multiple times, and I decided the glass wasn't there.

Is there any of the flush mount stuff out there in the hands of DIY people like those of us here and on lat-g?

No one has the 75-81 2nd gen fbody glass? I've seen two high profile builds- Jesse's 79 TA and a maroon 77 features on fesler's site- and that's it. No little guys using it.

Anyone out there?

crickets makes me want to say theres your answer , hopefully someone with first hand knowledge can chime in here soon
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Friend bought a set. Wasn't even close. Windshield sagged, rear glass was a little better. Fesler told him to mod the car around the glass....As stated, if you don't plan on doing major work around the glass. I wouldn't purchase their products. 0 refunds...

Quote Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
      Friend bought a set. Wasn't even close. Windshield sagged, rear glass was a little better. Fesler told him to mod the car around the glass....As stated, if you don't plan on doing major work around the glass. I wouldn't purchase their products. 0 refunds...

Was his application a 75-81 firebird/camaro? Do you happen to have pics of the finished install?

While I don't want to, I could cut and add metal where needed as I'm replacing the quarters (one welded on already) and roof skin.

My understanding is that they have an exclusive deal with Pilkington to make the glass for flush mount. I don't think there's better glass for our cars. I've seen a few Fesler cars and trucks with flush mount close up, and they look great. My body guy had already had done a lot on work on my 70 bird to get the factory glass and moldings to fit perfectly, so although I wanted flush mount when it came out, I loath going backwards on projects, so I passed. Chances are you'll have to do some work to make the factory-sized glass fit perfectly...so might not be that much more work to make the flush mount fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alponcho View Post
      My understanding is that they have an exclusive deal with Pilkington to make the glass for flush mount. I don't think there's better glass for our cars. I've seen a few Fesler cars and trucks with flush mount close up, and they look great. My body guy had already had done a lot on work on my 70 bird to get the factory glass and moldings to fit perfectly, so although I wanted flush mount when it came out, I loath going backwards on projects, so I passed. Chances are you'll have to do some work to make the factory-sized glass fit perfectly...so might not be that much more work to make the flush mount fit.
      I certainly believe you are 100% correct on the fitment and work process. That doesn't scare me. What scares me is massive quality problems with it such as horrible sag or wavyness and fessler's business practices. I don't want to fork over three grand and wait forever or for three months. There are a couple horror stories out there and their years old. I haven't really heard anything good or bad about them since.

I'm using them now for some interior work, and so far the experience has positive. Of course, I can't speak to experiences others have had with them.

Thanks for the testimony.

I have asked Fesler for pictures of all the customers cars using this glass, but I haven't received anything yet beyond what's on their site. They send me pics, but they're the same ones on the site. This has happened multiple times over the course of the last couple years trying to find people who are buying this, installing it, and having positive experiences.

The fact that the company can't produce many examples of successful installs (concerning to me), the court cases they've been involved in for the glass albeit for other car models I believe (documented on this site), how long the glass has actually taken to come to market, and second most concerning- NO DIY-type build threads utilizing the 75-81 F-body glass lead me to believe it is still not out there in mass.

There have been 2 75-81 fbody builds that were fairly high profile with the builds being featured in magazines, youtube shoots, and hoonigan youtube shoots. Of course fesler would make sure that the high profile builders get what they paid for since those builds would be all over FB, instagram, and twitter. I'm not seeing any DIY examples though.

I want them to be successful. I want to buy, and have been trying to for years. Something has always told me not to though. Given all these facts I've listed here I think I'll probably just use stock glass and a wide (26mm) exterior window seal to give it somewhat of a flush appearance. I have seen a few of these builds and it looks good.

I have some of their glass on my Volvo build. The fit was good out of the box but we did do a bit of work to the body to make it as good as we could. It really didn’t take much work.

There isn’t any waves or sags in the glass but I don’t know about the molds for other cars and if they are the same quality. I am please with how it fits on my Volvo 1800 though. Here are a couple pictures but there are more on my build thread.
      Name:  IMG_3859.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  233.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_3858.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  273.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_3856.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  242.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_3855.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  245.6 KB

The fit of the glass in your Volvo looks awesome. It does appear as though you have a rubber seal between the glass and body. Is that correct? If so could you share with me what that molding is? Would it be FlexiTrim with a product number FTUS05-75?

I am sorry I have no idea what product my glass guy used for the seal. It really is there for cosmetic purposes more than anything else. I will reach out to him and ask what he uses.

Name:  IMG_4127.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  773.1 KB
      This is what he sent me. He offered to send a small piece if you want to check it out. PM me if you want to.

Thank you so much for your reply. That rubber seal is very similar to what I have and plan on using. A sample at this time is probably not necessary but Will keep it in mind. Thank you

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8