Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      We had a great time at this event and were very pleased with our 2nd place overall finish. We placed 1st in the autocross against the other late model trucks but just couldn't catch the "outlaws" as Rob has stated. Good time for sure!

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

Here is some video, the first clip is from the USCA Fontana (Oops). - George did a great job all day, proving that the seat time at GoodGuys events pays off. Nice job George. http://youtu.be/mqJ3gKjE8Mg

Country Flag: Canada
      Great Video Rob! Thanks

Seems to me......the "Outlaw Class" is the place to be. Great pix and nice rides.
      David H. Amrine
      (USMC Retired)

Boys drive fast on the street. But MEN prove how fast they are at the Track.

@ Rob No Limit...........Outlaw class huh? Sounds like you've been blacked flagged ? 2 of the cleanest bad ass C-10's and Apache out there, who cares what's under the truck or under the hood, it really comes down to the driver. it doesn't matter if you have 100K wrapped in a truck or 15K, if you can drive, you can drive. If you can't.....well thanks for making the other guys look good.. right? I still think the 1st year of the Truckin Throwdown was the best. No Rules, Just a group of trucks with no politics, battling it out for the top spot. Truck for Truck.........how it should be. Let the best man win.
      Rob Phillips -PCHRODS, inc

1969 CHEVROLET C10 -
      1967 Chevrolet C10R

PCHRODS Facebook page
      C10R Facebook page

"there's no replacement for displacement"

--Self motivated by doing things that people say can't be done--

Sounds like my truck will end up in the outlaw class if I ever finish. We get a big enough class put together and it'll become the place to be instead of the modern boring trucks.
      Robert R.
      1988 S10 blazer 5.0L SBC 700R4 body off build.
      1991 S10 Blazer 4.3L too low daily.
      1975 Cutlass Salon currenlty 350/th350
      Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by PCHRODS View Post
      @ Rob No Limit...........Outlaw class huh? Sounds like you've been blacked flagged ? 2 of the cleanest bad ass C-10's and Apache out there, who cares what's under the truck or under the hood, it really comes down to the driver. it doesn't matter if you have 100K wrapped in a truck or 15K, if you can drive, you can drive. If you can't.....well thanks for making the other guys look good.. right? I still think the 1st year of the Truckin Throwdown was the best. No Rules, Just a group of trucks with no politics, battling it out for the top spot. Truck for Truck.........how it should be. Let the best man win.
      Well, I do have a strained relationship with the Mag. group. lol. Unfortunately it comes down to advertising $$. Can't have Joe's carb small block with an HEI and a T-5 whoopin all over the aftermarket supercharged high tech gizmo that has all of the latest tech strapped to it. The event is still a blast, and it shows all kind of trucks, and I wish there was more of it. Even 'regionals' in other parts of the country. I'm with you Rob, we had a blast in El Toro. The rules should be simple and clean. Licensed, registered, insured, do a 50 mile street loop, 200 TW, one set of tires, bring it on. Turbo's, Nitrous, Superchargers, Big Brakes, trick suspension, Carbon fiber, Show up, Shut up and Put up!.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosDracon View Post
      Sounds like my truck will end up in the outlaw class if I ever finish. We get a big enough class put together and it'll become the place to be instead of the modern boring trucks.
      I "almost" felt bad when they called these guys out of competition and put them in the "OutLaw Class". It all comes down to the fact that they all know me, use our product, and I am no longer an advertiser with the magazine group. They did however, let them stay and run all of the events (class move by Jeremy Cook), and in the end, everyone there knew where the fast trucks were. It was almost an honor to be put in the Outlaw class. - Heck, I even talked with Jeremy about a possible sponsoring of a future OutLaw class next year. . That will be the place to be.

Good for you for pushing the envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      I "almost" felt bad when they called these guys out of competition and put them in the "OutLaw Class". It all comes down to the fact that they all know me, use our product, and I am no longer an advertiser with the magazine group. They did however, let them stay and run all of the events (class move by Jeremy Cook), and in the end, everyone there knew where the fast trucks were. It was almost an honor to be put in the Outlaw class. - Heck, I even talked with Jeremy about a possible sponsoring of a future OutLaw class next year. . That will be the place to be.
      Sounds like fun!
      Robert R.
      1988 S10 blazer 5.0L SBC 700R4 body off build.
      1991 S10 Blazer 4.3L too low daily.
      1975 Cutlass Salon currenlty 350/th350
      Stupidity should be painful.

**Agreed** what happened to the "run what ya brung" events?

Well, I do have a strained relationship with the Mag. group. lol. Unfortunately it comes down to advertising $$. Can't have Joe's carb small block with an HEI and a T-5 whoopin all over the aftermarket supercharged high tech gizmo that has all of the latest tech strapped to it. The event is still a blast, and it shows all kind of trucks, and I wish there was more of it. Even 'regionals' in other parts of the country. I'm with you Rob, we had a blast in El Toro. The rules should be simple and clean. Licensed, registered, insured, do a 50 mile street loop, 200 TW, one set of tires, bring it on. Turbo's, Nitrous, Superchargers, Big Brakes, trick suspension, Carbon fiber, Show up, Shut up and Put up!.
      Rob Phillips -PCHRODS, inc

1969 CHEVROLET C10 -
      1967 Chevrolet C10R

PCHRODS Facebook page
      C10R Facebook page

"there's no replacement for displacement"

--Self motivated by doing things that people say can't be done--

New Video

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

2014 Truckin Throwdown

It's a toss up at the Throwdown... Sorry the editor in me made me say that. I hate the politics of this event and with that said I still had a fun time. How can that be you might ask?
      I was hanging out with my friends...simple as that.
      Will I be invited back next year? Hell if I know. If I do get invited I would like to propose new rules for the outlaw class. "No rules"! Winner takes all. All=tee shirt and magazine coverage.

I do think the group of guys running this event have a better understanding of the event and are nicer people to work with. I've worked with them before and can say that from my past experiences these guys get it. I can't wait to see what they plan for next year.
      I work for Baggers now!

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

There were 15 trucks competing this year. 11 were late models, and 4 'older' trucks. The four trucks were put into the "Outlaw" class, and thus were not in the competition for scoring. ??? I guess they are too much for the other trucks to handle. The four Outlaw trucks are all naturally aspirated, 200 TW tires, and all ran through the mufflers. Two have LQ-9 based 6.0 motors, and two are traditional small blocks. All four Outlaw trucks have No Limit suspension parts. The 11 late models had Turbos, Superchargers, chassis mods, sticky tires, and more. These four guys, by the numbers racked up almost all of the top spots for the day. The late models were strong on the Drag Strip, but the Outllaws finished, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 8th over all, with Marcel (gold/black C10) running the quickest 1/4 for the Outlaws. In the Slalom, Speed-Stop and Auto-x, the outlaw guys had it covered 1rst to 4th in each event. Wes (59 Apache) took the Slalom, and Bill (S-10) took the win in the Speed-Stop and Auto-x. Everyone agreed that Neil's GMC (blue) was the hands down show winner, with Marcel in a strong 2nd. Hats to these guys for showing everyone how well their trucks run and drive.

Hmm, autocross trucks being outlawed at an autocross event. That's like going to Pizza Hut and the only thing on the menu is Hamburgers. Congrats guys, those are some sweet looking machines!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com