Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Auto Rod Technologies Parts Runner SRT-10

Last summer I picked up this truck and I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, after driving it through the end of summer I decided that some suspension upgrades were a must, the truck handled really bad, bump steer was horrible and it would bottom out on just about every bump it hit. The truck was previously lowered and was not done properly, the front coils were cut, the upper control arms had to much angle and the mounts were not raised to correct the upper control arm angle. Rear bottomed on the frame and the tires would rub the bed, the drive shaft also rubbing the cross member.

Paint work was rough in a few spots to which really bothered me so between needing a paint job and suspension work I decided to tear it apart and re-build everything that I wasn't happy with and also a bunch of upgrades along the way.

I decided with a full paint job and air ride suspension. with some audio upgrades as well. The truck will lay the frame but it was built to also drastically improve the handling, I'm anxious to drive it for the first time and i'm hoping the truck will be a great all around truck that will be good for daily driving, shows, and I'm hoping to test it out for a few laps at gingerman just to see how it does.

Here are a few pics of the truck before I began repairs.

Now for a few progress pics

Tear down time.

I stripped a bunch of panels down to bare metal and got them back into primer.
      Did a little paint work on the cab, and moved it back into the front shop to start doing some suspension work.

A little frame, suspension work, and repair of previous collision damage that wasn't repaired properly.

That's about it for now, but hoping to keep moving on it, I want to have it done this summer.

Looking good. Cool truck.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Thanks!!

Can't go wrong with one. Good looks and robust.

Very cool....Are you using the stock SRT 10 spindles? I see you are using Michigan Metal Works components, are you happy with the quality?

Yes,, stock spindles, and I got a quite a bit from Taylor of michigan metal, seems to be really nice product, we are doing some fine tuning and he is helping me with it so what more could one ask for?

I decided I wanted taller UCA mounts and he is working on getting me them.

We also are going to have him make a custom set for a buick that has practically nothing available for as well.

Awesome work.
      That is going to be one bad ass parts getter.
      Great job, lookin forward to your updates.

Thanks,, I think it should do the trick,, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Rod Technologies View Post
      Yes,, stock spindles, and I got a quite a bit from Taylor of michigan metal, seems to be really nice product, we are doing some fine tuning and he is helping me with it so what more could one ask for?

I decided I wanted taller UCA mounts and he is working on getting me them.

We also are going to have him make a custom set for a buick that has practically nothing available for as well.
      Rather than using taller upper control arm mounts, have you considered cutting down the spindles? They are approx. 16" tall, they could be easily cut down to around 12" at any competent machine shop.

I don't see how you could cut it down, it's a cast piece with a ball joint mount that sticks out from the spindle, so cutting it down wouldn't really achieve anything, I'm not comfortable with the safety of welding a cast piece like that of a spindle, if i were to go with a altered spindle I think it would be better to have a fabricated spindle made from scratch. I also don't see any issues with going with a taller control arm mount, it will correct the geometry, and it's a lot easier for them to cut a new set on the water jet than to fabricate a spindle.

Progress on the back half.

Internet is back up at the house so here are a few more updates for you guys..

I bought a fuel cell for a 04 Ram and apparently their are some differences on the SRT because we had to notch the front corner to fit and modify the cross member a little bit. but all is good now.

We also had to modify the evap system to clear the tank.
      We mounted the valve on the outside of the frame rail and ran the hoses over to the inside to the canister.

And we ended up mounting the abs on the side of the frame rail as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com