Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80
    Results 1,581 to 1,589 of 1589
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GrayRaceCat View Post
      Hi Pat,
      I'm wondering, how do you keep the California plates current? Or are they only for show?
      Thanks, Brian
      Brian, Don’t tell anyone, but the tags are not legally registered. The real tags (Maryland) are under the drivers seat. Have yet to be pulled over;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      Brian, Don’t tell anyone, but the tags are not legally registered. The real tags (Maryland) are under the drivers seat. Have yet to be pulled over;-)
      Thanks
      Pat
      God forbid some zealous John Q Law decides to run the California plate and it comes back as who knows what, next thing you know you got guns pointed at you...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

This could be funny. How about they come back from the movie so they think the car is stolen or they have bad guys back from the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      God forbid some zealous John Q Law decides to run the California plate and it comes back as who knows what, next thing you know you got guns pointed at you...

Andrew
      Are you really a true car guy if you haven’t been asked to exit a vehicle at gun point (by the police, I should say) lol
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Andrew
      I'm with Andrew on this one. It only would take one overzealous officer to prove himself/herself. Worst case you get locked up and your car impounded...

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      I'm with Andrew on this one. It only would take one overzealous officer to prove himself/herself. Worst case you get locked up and your car impounded...
      Has nothing to do with being overzealous or trying to prove anything. He is ILLEGALLY displaying fake plates. Any good officer would investigate that especially given the number of stolen classics and scammed rebuilds out there these days. Easy way to get your car towed.

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      Thanks
      Pat
      I've read the other comments, and I have to agree, you've been lucky so far, but is it worth the risk?

If it were me, I'd run the Maryland plates full-time and avoid trouble.
      But I'd make some kind of mount for the CA plates that allow you to cover the Maryland plates when showing the car. Perhaps a plate frame that hooks over the Maryland plate and is secured with Neodymium magnets?
      By the way, the front plates in CA have no stickers. Only the rear plate does.

Quote Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987 View Post
      Has nothing to do with being overzealous or trying to prove anything. He is ILLEGALLY displaying fake plates. Any good officer would investigate that especially given the number of stolen classics and scammed rebuilds out there these days. Easy way to get your car towed.
      You are correct, what he is doing is illegal. But I don't think the plates are fake, they are just not associated with the vehicle they are on, and they have expired registration. Both are violations. The last time I looked, you could find old plates at swap meets just about everywhere. I think they are legal to own as long as you don't try to drive with them on your vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
      Are you really a true car guy if you haven’t been asked to exit a vehicle at gun point (by the police, I should say) lol
      It's been a while, but yeah, been there, done that! Can't recommend it!
      1979, driving thru Alabama on the way to California, our car fit the description, a Green 1968 Olds Delta 88. The driver had just robbed a bank!
      Fortunately for me (us), the suspects were 2 adult black males, and we were 3 white adults, 2 kids, a dog, and a U-Haul trailer!

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com