Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast
    Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1589
      Country Flag: United States
      Just checking in, I was hoping for an update as it's been some time.

He's been busy on other things and will be back shortly.

1980 Z/28 383, Vortec heads, 2004R 342.1 powertrac
      1971 Firebird on rotisserie
      2006 Dodge Daytona Charger
      "Torred" # 1988 of 2000
      2013 Hot Wheels Edition 2 SS Camaro
      "I'm Not a Gynecologist, but I'll Take a Look"

Thanks, good to know. I had figured on another motorcycle trip like last year followed by lots of work. (Given the good report from the boat show) That's why I waited this long to ask.

I’m installing the vinyl top over the 4th of July holiday. So I started by putting all of the vinyl top trim so I know where to locate the final cut. For the last 3 years this top has been laying over my Trans Am or viper. It’s nice to have it laying on the charger now ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

how many years to become a forensic anthropologist

Why is it asking how many years to become a forensic anthropologist? I thought Pat worked with boats. lol

I'm pretty sure installing the top isn't a one man job. Did the rest of you notice how good the rest of it looks?

With the vinyl seams even and clamped at the front I glue the center 6” back to front. Then folding over the drivers side I glue over to the seam and then the same on the right side. After spraying the glue on both the roof and vinyl I put some plastic down to let me flip the vinyl over without sticking. Then holding and pulling the vinyl up I remove the plastic and stick the the vinyl down. Now with it glue seam to seam next will be down the pillars.
      Thanks
      Pat

fallout 3 all vaults

True mark of patience.

I have been following this build from the the start, and I just wanted to say it has to be THE best build out there.

The attention to detail, modernizing the car without taking away from the original features...
      Improving where it needs to be improved, and keeping what is essential to the original.

It really takes a good eye, and rarely do people have the good eye and the skills to actually do it themselves.

And the fact you are doing this at your house, in your garage, makes it even more awesome..!
      I would hope you get a homebuilders "Ridler" award if there is such a thing..:-)

My hat is off to you, this build is absolutely spectacular.

I hope I will get to see it in person some day..

Wow looking good Pat! Although I'm not surprised at all. Nice job.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Ocruiser View Post
      I have been following this build from the the start, and I just wanted to say it has to be THE best build out there.

The attention to detail, modernizing the car without taking away from the original features...
      Improving where it needs to be improved, and keeping what is essential to the original.

It really takes a good eye, and rarely do people have the good eye and the skills to actually do it themselves.

And the fact you are doing this at your house, in your garage, makes it even more awesome..!
      I would hope you get a homebuilders "Ridler" award if there is such a thing..:-)

My hat is off to you, this build is absolutely spectacular.

I hope I will get to see it in person some day..
      Thank you for the kind words and your first post!
      Really appreciate you following along!
      Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      True mark of patience.
      Thank you sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Wow looking good Pat! Although I'm not surprised at all. Nice job.
      Thanks Wayne!

I am blown away by this build and I love that you put the vinyl top on the car.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Gorgeous build. And your craftsmanship is top notch. I wish I was as meticulous as you. Great job Pat! Cant wait to see the finished product.

Had a setback on the vinyl top. There was a wrinkle on the driver side seam that I initially thought was from me over or under stretching the top when I glue that side down? But after investigating it a little closer it turned out the top was stitched crooked. I bought this top along with all of the interior components over 4 years ago from Legendary Auto Interior. I sent them pictures and a description of the problem and they quickly came back and said they would send me a new vinyl top. That’s first class customer service in my book! I was taught a long time ago by the guy I work for, don’t judge one by their mistakes but rather by their solutions!
      Fortunately the top removed relatively easily and I was able to remove the contact cement by rubbing it with mineral spirits. I get to start over sometime next week when I receive the new top.
      Thanks
      Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreakcobra View Post
      Gorgeous build. And your craftsmanship is top notch. I wish I was as meticulous as you. Great job Pat! Cant wait to see the finished product.
      Thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      I am blown away by this build and I love that you put the vinyl top on the car.
      When I was younger I was never a vinyl top guy but as I have aged I have come to appreciate them.
      Thanks

I don't like redo's but I sure seem to do a lot of them. That's nice that the material came off without pulling the paint.

That's great customer service ! . I had a problem with Monster Transmission a year and a half ago , they could learn a thing or two from these guys. It's nice to know that there are companies that still care. Awesome build.

New vinyl top with straight seams is gluing on nicely. Just need to glue down both A pillars and trimmer up.
      Thanks
      Pat

Last edited by derekf; 01-18-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Nice job Pat! that’s a lot of acreage up there to keep straight. It looks great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Looking awesome! I'm relatively young in the group (33), and I once couldn't stand vinyl tops. But in the last 5+ years it's odd, I've come to really like them, and really am looking forward to doing my 66 GTO in Marina Teal with a black vinyl top. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, and because you don't see it much anymore, as thinking in modern car terms, a vinyl top seems so out there. Of course not all cars can pull them off. I particularly like vinyl tops on cars with flying buttresses like the Charger and A-Body, as well as 67-69 Camaros, and El Caminos.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com