Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
    Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1589
      Country Flag: United States
      You know, before this build thread, I had never seen a "perfect" car....and I'm not even a MOPAR guy. Absolutely flawless execution sir!

1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

Saweeeet!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post
      You know, before this build thread, I had never seen a "perfect" car....and I'm not even a MOPAR guy. Absolutely flawless execution sir!
      Thank you, it’s far from perfect but it’s as close as I can get.

Very good but I was hoping for the road video that had some guy smiling from ear to ear. I know you are exercising your patience again. It's easier to fix a small problem than a large one. We all will keep waiting. Obviously it's easier for us than you.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Very good but I was hoping for the road video that had some guy smiling from ear to ear. I know you are exercising your patience again. It's easier to fix a small problem than a large one. We all will keep waiting. Obviously it's easier for us than you.
      Be sure I still have a huge smile on my face and weight off my shoulders;-)
      Thank you!
      Pat

Aligned the low and highbeam lights and installed the plastic bezels.

Also picked up some new garage art

Finally got around to blacking out the hood turn signal lenses. I used black vinyl that matches the paint great.

And I got the driver side front fender splashguard and stainless tubing covers installed

Thanks
      Pat

Nice!

Even that has gaps like I'd like on my sheet metal ! You did nice job building them.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Even that has gaps like I'd like on my sheet metal ! You did nice job building them.
      They turned out very nice but the rubber edge help the fit;-)
      Thank you!
      Pat

What a super cool piece!

Almost ready for Carlisle. Last polish and ready for ceramic coating. A few details left but I did make my own 6 speed Inland shifter knob out of a 4 speed knob. I was unable to find a engraver that could engrave on a curve So I used number stamps and hand carving the new shape. Looks good from arms lengths;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

If this doesn't get best of show, I'll be very surprised.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Before doing a ceramic polish, I'd suggest getting a piece of scrap painted black for a test to make sure it's what you want. My mother had a professional do a ceramic treatment on her freshly painted black truck, and it always looks to me like it has a light haze on it.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Almost the end of the road for us and the beginning of the "road" experience for you and the car. I have followed almost since the very beginning. 2 things have impressed me. Not to diminish your skills but many can build very impressive cars. You had a plan in the beginning and have not strayed that I can see. What I'm most impressed with is your patience. I don't possess what you have. I know there were moments of frustration or at least close to it. You haven't walked away and came back, just steady working away. I have seen no sign of concern with time in your project. However much it took to do things carefully and to the best of your skills and resources is what I always saw. Kudos to you! I will miss checking on your build thread. I hope we get to meet someday. I'd like to shake your hand and say "job well done". Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Best wishes at the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      If this doesn't get best of show, I'll be very surprised.
      Andrew, I don’t have it entered into any contest it’s just they’re on display. I actually prefer it that way. Thank You!!
      Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Before doing a ceramic polish, I'd suggest getting a piece of scrap painted black for a test to make sure it's what you want. My mother had a professional do a ceramic treatment on her freshly painted black truck, and it always looks to me like it has a light haze on it.
      i’ve already used it on a few boats and one of my other cars;-)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Almost the end of the road for us and the beginning of the "road" experience for you and the car. I have followed almost since the very beginning. 2 things have impressed me. Not to diminish your skills but many can build very impressive cars. You had a plan in the beginning and have not strayed that I can see. What I'm most impressed with is your patience. I don't possess what you have. I know there were moments of frustration or at least close to it. You haven't walked away and came back, just steady working away. I have seen no sign of concern with time in your project. However much it took to do things carefully and to the best of your skills and resources is what I always saw. Kudos to you! I will miss checking on your build thread. I hope we get to meet someday. I'd like to shake your hand and say "job well done". Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Best wishes at the shows.
      thank you sir you have always been gracious with your comments! it is funny how for the most part I have stuck with the plan from day one seven years ago, I must’ve liked the plan;-)
      Thanks again!
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      i’ve already used it on a few boats and one of my other cars;-)
      Thanks
      But were the boats and the other car black? Your car, your decision, but I'd be testing anything before putting it on that car. Black shows stuff other colors don't.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      But were the boats and the other car black? Your car, your decision, but I'd be testing anything before putting it on that car. Black shows stuff other colors don't.
      almost black

I too have ceramic coated my Raven Black CTS-V and didnt have any haze. If anything, it looked like an even deeper black after the detailing and coating. Maybe the coating they used flashed too fast or something else? You are absolutely right about black cars having an uncanny ability to magnify even the slightest imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by wawazat8402 View Post
      I too have ceramic coated my Raven Black CTS-V and didnt have any haze. If anything, it looked like an even deeper black after the detailing and coating. Maybe the coating they used flashed too fast or something else? You are absolutely right about black cars having an uncanny ability to magnify even the slightest imperfection.
      Could be. I had no input in the shop she used, it was just done one day.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com