Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast
    Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1589
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
      This build is just amazing. The twin throttle bodies look badass/nostalgic on the modern hemi
      Thanks, that’s what I was shooting for. The large chrome original air cleaner will finish off the look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Are you going to fire it before you finish assembly?
      That’s the plan just in case there’s any problems, it’s a lot easier to work on it without the fenders and doors. There might even be a milk crate ride around the block ;-)
      thanks!

Emergency brake cables installed using a small stainless steel roller that I got from West Marine. It guide the E brake cable after it passes through the sub frame connector.
      Thanks
      Pat

upload free photos

That looks amazing Pat, everything so evenly spaced and neatly routed.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      That looks amazing Pat, everything so evenly spaced and neatly routed.
      Thanks Wayne! My OCD comes in handy sometimes ;-)

Very good, Pat! When you want to clean the underneath side of the car, don't call me unless you need someone to cheer you on and drink your beer while we watch. Every spring I would jack up the 32 and crawl under it and give it a serious bath. I know there's a description for that kind of behavior but I don't think it's used in a positive way. LOL . Is there any product you have found to spray on painted surfaces that makes it easier to clean?

Good point, you should ceramic coat the underside before you button everything up!
      '69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"

Dude, you could sell tickets to guys that want to stare at the bottom of your car.

Very good, Pat! When you want to clean the underneath side of the car, don't call me unless you need someone to cheer you on and drink your beer while we watch. Every spring I would jack up the 32 and crawl under it and give it a serious bath. I know there's a description for that kind of behavior but I don't think it's used in a positive way. LOL . Is there any product you have found to spray on painted surfaces that makes it easier to clean?
      A 2 or 4 post lift makes quick work of cleaning the bottom of the car. This is the only car I have built with a high gloss bottom so I’m just planning on a good coat of wax but the ceramic coat may actually be a great? My other cars just have a factory finishes, either satin black or undercoat both of which are pretty easy to clean up with spray nine and a little elbow grease.
      Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cop Magnet View Post
      Good point, you should ceramic coat the underside before you button everything up!
      that’s a great idea, I have a friend who can you get me some ceramic pro!
      Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
      Dude, you could sell tickets to guys that want to stare at the bottom of your car.
      :-)

Not a fun weekend installing the rear glass and trim. AMD glass was not a problem but fitting the trim took two or three times to get everything just right. Fortunately no chips or scratches just a lot less hair on my head ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

image sharing

^^^^^
      No belt buckles allowed! Learning all the secrets to glass can be painful. I do some of that about every ten years and by then have forgot what little I knew. I always smile when I think of the factory doing in a few minutes what takes me many hours. It's coming along very nicely. I admire your patience.

Pat,

The end result is worth it!! It looks AMAZING!

Did you have the stock trim chromed like you did on your Trans Am or are you using reproduction pieces?

I've never liked how the repop stuff fits around the back glass on my Firebird...
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

^^^^^
      No belt buckles allowed! Learning all the secrets to glass can be painful. I do some of that about every ten years and by then have forgot what little I knew. I always smile when I think of the factory doing in a few minutes what takes me many hours. It's coming along very nicely. I admire your patience.
      That’s the crazy thing about it, we spend hours sometimes days doing what the line workers would do in a few minutes with similar results.
      Thanks
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Pat,

The end result is worth it!! It looks AMAZING!

Did you have the stock trim chromed like you did on your Trans Am or are you using reproduction pieces?

I've never liked how the repop stuff fits around the back glass on my Firebird...
      Fortunately all the trim on the charger is stainless unlike the Trans Am that was aluminum so I was able to polish all of the original trim.
      Thanks
      Pat

Car is ready for fuel! Had to make a tool for the original theft proof fasteners.
      Thanks
      Pat

photo hosting site free

old sawmill cafe

They used those same fasteners in the late 80's/Early 90's to hold Chrysler radios in the dash. Snap-On made a socket for them, and I had one for years.
      But after changing shops a few times, and almost never seeing them after the late 90's, I lost it. Now, on the rare occasions I come across them, I carefully use a set
      of wire crimpers to take them out. But, out of curiousity, what did you make that tool out of? Just in case crimpers don't work someday.

Thanks,

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      They used those same fasteners in the late 80's/Early 90's to hold Chrysler radios in the dash. Snap-On made a socket for them, and I had one for years.
      But after changing shops a few times, and almost never seeing them after the late 90's, I lost it. Now, on the rare occasions I come across them, I carefully use a set
      of wire crimpers to take them out. But, out of curiousity, what did you make that tool out of? Just in case crimpers don't work someday.

Thanks,

Jay
      Jay, I used a 1/4” socket
      Thanks

I always likes those Caps, nice and shiny.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Weld Mount is in acrylic adhesive mounting system with a wide variety of very cool fasteners. We use it on the boats when we cannot drill into a bulkhead, fuel tank, or hull sides to mount or fasten equipment and wires. I used it to mount a few fan relays and headlight door operator To keep the engine bay clean of fasteners. Very cool stuff, easy to use an extremely strong!
      Thanks
      Pat

http://weldmountsystems.com/

free image url

image sharing

common american girl first names

I bookmarked the website. I might have a need for that. If I can just remember where I put it.

Looks Nice! what kind of camera do you use to take these pics?

Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com