Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 ... LastLast
    Results 981 to 1,000 of 1589
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Doing that rear quarter is like buffing a small car! Beautiful as always.
      Thanks Wayne! The charger is a big car, and to think I actually have aspirations of restoring a 59 Cadillac one day, crazy ;-)
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Incredible work. Even if I had the ability I don’t think I have the patience do that caliber of work. Thanks for showing us how it’s done.

Don
      Thank you Don!
      Pat

Pat, If i'm correct, you live in Florida and work in the boat industry in some capacity, but was just curious what you thought about the sale of Chris-Craft? I work for the company that bought them (Winnebago) and was wondering if the industry sees this as a good or bad thing. Thanks, joe
      Joe Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ih8z28s View Post
      Pat, If i'm correct, you live in Florida and work in the boat industry in some capacity, but was just curious what you thought about the sale of Chris-Craft? I work for the company that bought them (Winnebago) and was wondering if the industry sees this as a good or bad thing. Thanks, joe
      Joe, All you need to make a small fortune in the Marine business is to start off with a large fortune ;-)
      All kidding aside I think it will be great for the boating industry as the RV industry has done very well with their advertising to the public promoting RV’s. Good luck with your new venture!
      Thanks
      Pat

O.T. Pat, I see that the 2 69 chargers at the Rietz auction brought around 10 grand without running gear. I wasn't surprised from what I have read.

Still color sanding and polishing, mid size car my a$$ ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

Bet you'll have arms like Arnold after you're done
      1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe 350 / 350 auto

1968 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed

1964 Dodge Polara 8-71 Blown 440 / 4-speed

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.4L / 5-speed

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed

Pat,

I have to say that your thread is currently my favorite thing on the internet. As the past owner of '69 Charger..I remember collapsing after just waxing the thing. I can't imagine what you are working with over there...just from a square footage perspective, to say nothing of the caliber of the work.

Just want you to know that we are living vicariously through you on this one. Keep the updates coming! It is so appreciated by all of us.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling_Thunder View Post
      Bet you'll have arms like Arnold after you're done
      More like Popeye ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McDon View Post
      Pat,

I have to say that your thread is currently my favorite thing on the internet. As the past owner of '69 Charger..I remember collapsing after just waxing the thing. I can't imagine what you are working with over there...just from a square footage perspective, to say nothing of the caliber of the work.

Just want you to know that we are living vicariously through you on this one. Keep the updates coming! It is so appreciated by all of us.

Ben
      Ben,
      Thanks for following along and honored to be your first post!
      Pat

I believe all cars should be driven. However, with the level of detail you have put into this car, I would not object to it spinning on a turntable in your living room for months on end. Truly amazing work! I can't wait to see it completed.

Awesome job Pat!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I want to help! Tell me what time of day to stop and drink a beer just for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Toccoa View Post
      I believe all cars should be driven. However, with the level of detail you have put into this car, I would not object to it spinning on a turntable in your living room for months on end. Truly amazing work! I can't wait to see it completed.
      I like your thinking just need to talk my wife into the living room turntable ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Awesome job Pat!
      Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      I want to help! Tell me what time of day to stop and drink a beer just for you!
      Always need help with the beer ;-)

Pat you’ll need a mortgage just for the chrome ! Unless you can do that yourself too.lol
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Big engine bay to color sand and polish ;-)
      Thanks

http://youtu.be/dkg8AXZWpSg

Pat, I can see that we're going to need a lot more beer! Because we've never met in person, I have a question. Is it your plan to make every project better than the last? What are you using to do the buffing in all the small areas? I know that isn't easy!

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Pat, I can see that we're going to need a lot more beer! Because we've never met in person, I have a question. Is it your plan to make every project better than the last? What are you using to do the buffing in all the small areas? I know that isn't easy!
      I’d like to think each project better than the last one but you never really know until it’s done ;-)
      Thank you sir, and I hope you and everyone has a great Fourth of July!!
      Pat

I picked up all the new tinted glass for the charger at Carlisle 2 weeks ago. So I put the vent windows together using Metros vent window gaskets. The gaskets fit great and required no modifications. I tested all of the new window glass against my original glass and for the most part the cut and shape seems to be very close, however the etched labeling for the vent windows was not only on the wrong side but it was also much larger than my originals. Ordered the tinted glass as that’s what the original Bullitt charger had.
      I had all of my original vent parts re-chrome by Paul’s two years ago, and I polished stainless steel. I used a commercial grade black double stick tape to reattach the lower chrome trim to the vent glass. (This worked very well on my 1st Charger 10 years ago) There are 6 raised rivets that are part of the chrome vent Frame used to hold the steel track in place. And on the two chargers I have restored the factory only uses 3 of these which makes it very easy to reattach the chrome to the steel frame in the same manner that the factory did buy peening over the rivets to hold the frame. Be careful peening over the small rivets as the metal is soft and you can dent the other side easily which I found out on my 1st Charger 10 years ago. Then reinstalling the vent glass along with the stop pin and locking handle is relatively easy after cleaning out any excess chrome plating left behind in the small holes.
      Thanks!

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com