Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Peach State Musclecar Challenge-2014

You read that right. Mark your calendars now, June 27-28-29. This year we are going to resurrect this much missed event. Huge news is we will be holding a two day autocross at ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY. Thats right, the huge parking lot that the local SCCA and other groups hold their events at will host our Peach State event this year.
      More great news about this one, if we get enough participation this year, next year we plan to rent the infield roadcourse also.
      The sad news for those that have waited on the news about RTTHs, this event will replace that one for 2014 ONLY. We will not have an event in Pigeon Forge this year due to a scheduling conflict the weekend we usually have RTTHs so this is our replacement. Same group of people, same fun event, just in Hotlanta this year.

So, watch for registration to open soon on this one, and plan to come and have fun on one of the largest autocross venues in the country. We promise plenty of runs, rain or shine and look forward to seeing you guys there.
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 05-30-2014 at 06:27 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

This is gonna be great ,
      I'll gave to break out the banners and artwork logos,
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

We would love to make this event for sure. Might have to juggle our schedule a little to see if it is possible.

Guys, we were at AMS all weekend handling the autocross portion of the new Summit Motorama event. We had great response to the autocross and welcomed quite a few newbies to the hobby. This is ASCS NEW focus. We understand that there are just not enough people in the hobby to compete for their attention at our events, so we are going after new people, and I must say, it is working just fine. While there we were able to take a good look at the parking lot that we will be using for this year's Peach State event and it is HUGE. A couple SCCA guys were there this weekend checking us out and told us they see speeds up to 60mph on their autocross course, on the same lot. If you google AMS, and look at the lot in the northeast corner of the stadium, you can see tire marks and that is where we will be. This will be a two day event, just autocross and the price will only be $100 for the two days. We are going to limit the field to about 65 people, so once registration gets open this week, please sign up asap or you may miss it. Some of the local guys are waiting too for registration to open and I feel we will have a crowd just from those guys.
      It will be a fun time, it will be fun to have another Peach State event and remember, this event will replace Run to the Hills this one year. Due to scheduling issues, RTTHs just will not happen this year so it you count on coming to RTTHs every year, just change the date and location and you won't be able to tell the difference.....lol
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Well, I hate there won't be an event in my back yard this year. I'm hoping to try to make this one, though.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Man I hope I can swing this. Will the camping area be open?
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Guys you don't want to miss this one! If it is anything close to this past weekend.....hold on to your pants! I heard nothing but compliments on it. And the other track IS BIGGER!

This past weekend got me itching to get back out there.
      There are 2 factors in Autocross, Tires and the loose nut behind the wheel.

Paul Grala
      69 Mach 1 project (For Sale)
      78 Cobra
      87 GT
      98 Expedition

I need to move to Atlanta. Three AutoX events in 9 weeks. But sadly I can't make this one. The wife and I made or vacation plans early, assuming RTTH would be mid to late summer. This just means I gotta make Music City.
      David H. Amrine
      (USMC Retired)

Boys drive fast on the street. But MEN prove how fast they are at the Track.

I'll be there. Sabre still won't be ready, but I'll be spectating all weekend. May have to bring down the toterhome

Okay I've had some questions brought to my attention. ....will camping be available and also is it $50 a day or just $100?
      Sorry just questions I've been asked.

Working on the camping question Brent, but my gut feeling is camping will be an option.
      It is $50 per day or $100 for the weekend. We understand that some can not come both days so we don't want to get too pricy for those guys.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

dang! I don't think I have anymore vacation to schedule! may is going to kill the checkbook,but even so,i still would like to come hang out with all the Georgia boys!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

Quote Originally Posted by 71duster View Post
      dang! I don't think I have anymore vacation to schedule! may is going to kill the checkbook,but even so,i still would like to come hang out with all the Georgia boys!
      Hey you're (almost) family....we would love having you back. Your always welcome!see the thing about being friends is we can pick on each other!!

Geoff & Wracker, I'll bring the grill!

I may have to do this and forego CHP... looks like funds are going to allow only one or the other!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Maybe you can fertilize the money tree again!

No doubt Brent!!! I've got to find something I can live without to sell!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Theres a link on Facebook :
      Please like and share :
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peach...49914155029015
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      Geoff & Wracker, I'll bring the grill!
      you got a deal!!!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com