Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      LOL, that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by bugdewde View Post
      Thanks, John. Most everybody likes a little comedy every now and then. Just figured I'd have me some fun out there..... super old/hard tires make it easy to have fun.

Being a Pontiac guy, I really liked your T/A... you've really got a great build. I read your build thread yesterday. SWEET!
      Thanks Dwight. building that car was an emotional rollercoaster after the first 50 miles I spun a rod bearing and had to take everything back apart. I think she's good now though.

regarding the hydraulic throwout bearing I just figured the mechanical setup has been working for 40 plus years so why change it. in my opinion a hydraulic clutch fork is just another thing that is going to leak. and us Pontiac guys have to deal with enough leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by OG_Racing View Post
      When i pulled up in my wifes car and told the organisers that i had a nissan they said "You're not here to drift are you?". i guess at the last event they had some guys go out in 240's and pile threw all the cones. Our one or two can't be any worse then those guys.
      Thanks for coming out man .
      Come any time .
      We love the Z.
      and it was nice to meet you and hang out ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      Ummmm! Nevermind!
      Eric you left yourself wide open with that remark... should've gone ahead and posted what you were really thinking Tim!

I prefer to think Eric was driving other people's junk (mine included) rather than "beating" on it... LOL!!!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Eric you left yourself wide open with that remark... should've gone ahead and posted what you were really thinking Tim!

I prefer to think Eric was driving other people's junk (mine included) rather than "beating" on it... LOL!!!
      I'll have video up in the next few days. There are tons of them, and the file sizes are large. Making sure the content is good on each one and checking for language / etc before posting.

Since many of us are in such a close circle (within a few hours, say), we should arrange a couple small get-togethers. Either at someone's house for a cookout / etc., or maybe a destination run (non-racing). Like meet up in chattanooga, tour coker tire / hit the food trucks / etc. Or N. Ga mtns, etc.

that sounds like a great idea I would be willing to host a party. but the destination drive sounds even better. I'm located off Georgia 400 in Roswell Georgia.

the North Georgia Mountains are about 45 minutes north of my place and it's a straight shot up Georgia 400. you usually see a lot of tuner cars up there running those curvy mountain roads not sure how much fun it would be in our muscle cars. is anyone familiar with some good driving roads up near the Dahlonega area? we can use my house as a meeting location and then all hit the highway from there....

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post

Geoff, I would of posted what I really thought but this is a family show.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyRnD View Post
      I'll have video up in the next few days. There are tons of them, and the file sizes are large. Making sure the content is good on each one and checking for language / etc before posting.

Since many of us are in such a close circle (within a few hours, say), we should arrange a couple small get-togethers. Either at someone's house for a cookout / etc., or maybe a destination run (non-racing). Like meet up in chattanooga, tour coker tire / hit the food trucks / etc. Or N. Ga mtns, etc.
      Good idea, Sparky! I've been trying to plan a "Dragon run" for several years, now, but I never seem to get under way with it.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Matt and Sparky can we try to plan something let's do the dragon run I have never done that. where is the dragon run and where would be a good meeting place maybe for lunch and then go to the dragon run.

Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      Geoff, I would of posted what I really thought but this is a family show.
      dude! I thought I was bad. you really need to get your mind out of the gutter! lol!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

..... Making sure the content is good on each one and checking for language / etc before posting.
      I didn't think about that...... that's a good idea, since Wracker was probably within earshot of the camera.... lol.
      I hope the "screamin' " of the ol' T/A is audible. I can't wait to see/hear it.

That's a great idea..... Cookout or local diner.....You guys know I like to eat.
      I'm only 1.5 hours from Chatt.
      A Dragon Run is probably the most famous place to ride locally and there's the bonus of getting your picture made on Killboy or the other photo taking vendors along the way...... but I much prefer the Cherohala Skyway over the Dragon. Much longer straights, sweeping curves and wide lanes.
      Beautiful overlooks and peaks around 5400 ft...................................

Here's a little info about it from the Dragon website.
      http://www.tailofthedragon.com/cherohala.html

There's a restaurant up on top of the Dragon at the NC/TN line.... Deal's Gap. Tons of motorcycles pull off there. It's expensive, but the only thing around for a few miles. Robbinsville has a couple fast food places.

Let's not forget Helen, Ga..... I'm always up for some German food.
      '81 Turbo Trans Am - completely stock
      '72 Vega Kammback - 215 cubic inch Aluminum V8

My Rides: http://www.cardomain.com/cars?key=bugdewde&showflags=2

I will throw this out there. I am not opposed to a gathering here either, just not an all out RTTHs this year. I am not up to planning a huge deal, but a get together for a cruise is always on my radar.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Bill, my thoughts were that this could be a more impromptu gathering of friends, rather than a race event (ya'll got those covered and I didn't want to step on any toes). There wouldn't be any racing, but instead just friends hanging out and doing some driving. It seems that maybe north georgia mountains would be a good common spot? Helen would be fun and there are some good twisties about 20-30 minutes away, making it a great destination. There is hwy 60, 19 and 53 which should get everyone something they need, then food / beverages / restrooms in Helen. Maybe plan something for end of July or middle of August? What does everyone's schedule look like?

I will make time and be available for whenever we decide to do this

Maybe we should start another thread for a meet up Sparky...I know my wife and I really like Hiawassee and the surrounding area. I feel sure I could coax her out and about for a long weekend camping trip. Plus there are some great places to hang out, eat, etc around Hiawassee. I agree that the N Georgia Mountains are a good central location for a lot of us.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Aug 15-18th works well for me. Do you guys want to plan something on one of those days?

Quote Originally Posted by jtwoods4 View Post
      Aug 15-18th works well for me. Do you guys want to plan something on one of those days?
      Sounds fun. I may join you for a day trip on Saturday or Sunday.
      Steve - 1970 Roadrunner

Open to all?

Of course!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com