Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27
      [QUOTE=andrewb70; Just ran across this... Andrew[/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrew, I totally forgot to post this here. I've used Vibrant stuff for years as their products are amazing and they are good people. They are also a local company for me. Oddly, they thought my truck was an American built, and had no idea it was located so close to their head office and asked if they could come see the truck. The day we filmed this was crazy, I ran out a series of meetings, did this, and ran back to more meetings.

Obviously, lots has changed since this video happened...I have a new video coming out in a few days. More soon.

------

I was at SEMA this year and QA1's new product caught me eye while checking out stuff in the new products area.

I figure there are a few people here that this would interest.

Name:  _MG_1104QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1745
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  _MG_1105QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1744
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  _MG_1108QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  68.2 KB

QA1 is entering the truck market and have made a bolt in kit for 63-72 C10s. In particular, the rear trailing arms caught my eye. They have an adjustable perch, which I have not seen on any other brand. This is awesome because it ends the need for wedges, which I personally hate.

Name:  _MG_1252QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1741
Size:  88.6 KB

If you have a dedicated use truck this may not be an neccesary, but for my set-up where I need to make adjustment for different events, these could be great for adjusting Anti-squat for launch situations vs. corner exit.

They are really nicely made. I'm thinking about trying the trailing arms, I wish they had a coil spring mount, but I can move some stuff around to make coil-overs work too. Kinda depends on how they finalize their kit options.

Name:  _MG_1251QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  87.9 KB

Name:  _MG_1246QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1742
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  _MG_1250QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  83.4 KB

Name:  _MG_1256QA1_c10_SEMA.jpg
Views: 1733
Size:  88.4 KB

They also have a complete front set-up, that is basically an a-frame kit that uses the stock front cross member.

Word is it'll be available in early 2018, keep your eyes peeled.

If anyone here is from QA1, feel free to share info, correct me or tell us more about this.

Country Flag: United States
      Just read trough the thread, how cool...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer838 View Post
      Just read trough the thread, how cool... Joe
      Thank you.

Here is an update video on the truck. Most of this stuff is covered on the forum, this was made for my facebook, Youtube and Instagram followers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8LvAGYsSY

I saw that qa1 kit for the c10's when the wife and i were at sema,looked really well built... except
      The only thing i didnt like is how the front upper and lower control arms are mounted to those little bolts that are connected to tube mounts that go to the frame,other than that there bad ass!
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      72 chevelle.

What's your IG? I'd like to follow it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      What's your IG? I'd like to follow it on there.

Thanks for the photos of the front QA1 front set-up. They said they had designed them for the do it yourself type guy. Those bolts look very similar to the factory ones, I can can attest to beating the hell out of them without issue!

You can find the Targa Truck on:

Instagram @targatruck
      You can alose see a lot of Targa Truck stuff of @autocrosstrucks on Instagram, they do #targatrucktuesday

Facebook: Targa Truck - Just published a video about wheel fitment today that people seem to dig.

Youtube: Targa Truck

Pintrest: Targa Truck (and find some scrap booking ideas, recipes and self help quotes too)

I try to keep the feeds different, but that depends on how insane my life is.

Thanks for your interest and everyone have a great Christmas or whatever you celebrate.
      bovey

I saw that QA1 stuff on the bench at a shop recently. If I was building a front engine/rear drive I would jump all over that stuff.
      The rule is measure twice and cut once. My problem is I still measure with a mic and cut with an axe!

Just read through this whole thread and I'm blown away. I love seeing it progress from the simple beginnings to the full blown race animal it has become! Amazing work.
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Quote Originally Posted by rlovell383 View Post
      Just read through this whole thread and I'm blown away. I love seeing it progress from the simple beginnings to the full blown race animal it has become! Amazing work.
      Cool. Thank you. I'll have an update coming soon. There have been some more developments.

Currently spending a lot of time with a Tape measure and scales getting the ride hieght dialed in. Ron Sutton Race Technology is goin to help me dial in the spring rates and sway bars. To get it sitting where I want, I'm going to have to change my rear set-up. This was not the plan, but the No Limit Wide Ride changes everyting, so I think it's best to just cut it and do it right, or as right as I can do it.

Country Flag: Canada
      Hi Mark,

Is the only place I can get Ron Suttons book 7 secrets of suspension at one of his workshops?

Cheers
      Chris

Quote Originally Posted by snopro View Post
      Hi Mark, Is the only place I can get Ron Suttons book 7 secrets of suspension at one of his workshops
      That is a good guestion. I've never recieved my copy of the book. I do recall there being some kind of printing issue at one point. To be honest, I have no idea if the book was ever released or not. I have been to the first 3 seminars and highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by bovey View Post
      That is a good guestion. I've never recieved my copy of the book. I do recall there being some kind of printing issue at one point. To be honest, I have no idea if the book was ever released or not. I have been to the first 3 seminars and highly recommend them.
      I was at Ron's class in vegas too.i saw you but didn't want to bug you.
      I learned a lot from Ron that day!
      72 chevelle.

Hi Mark,

Is the only place I can get Ron Suttons book 7 secrets of suspension at one of his workshops?

Cheers
      Chris
      If you can,go to one of his work shops,so worth it!
      72 chevelle.

Hi Mark,

Cheers
      Chris
      Quote Originally Posted by bovey View Post
      That is a good question. I've never received my copy of the book. I do recall there being some kind of printing issue at one point. To be honest, I have no idea if the book was ever released or not. I have been to the first 3 seminars and highly recommend them.
      Hey Guys,

The book project was a printing fiasco. Long story short ... we have decided to produce the workshop videos in place of the book. We're wrapping up the edits on the first one now ... The Seven Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning.

The next two workshop video topics are:
      The 7 Secrets of Suspension Mapping, Set-ups & Track Tuning
      The 7 Secrets of ADVANCED Suspension Tuning

All three topics are being produced and made available for sale by July. The videos will be $299 each.
      * Everyone who attended a 2015 Workshop will get their choice of video, in place of the book (and with no upcharge).
      * Everyone that pre-ordered the book will get their choice of video, in place of the book (and with no upcharge).

We will be offering these videos at a sale price, only at the Workshops.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27