Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

AMB transponders being used for road course event

As the event draws near for the 2014 MWMCC and in reviewing the entry list for this event supplied by Mark , it is exciting that this is going to be a BIG event and sell-out crowd !!

We as 10/10ths Motorsports look very forward to having the PT community come and play in our back yard and look forward to spending time with you to get around the track safer and quicker. A good time will be had by all !!

In a search to have the best timing and scoring process for this event, we are going to use the industry standard timing systems that most competitive road course events use, the AMB transponder/loop system. This is the most reliable way to have timing and scoring on the road course and I know some of you have had issues and pain using the systems other use. The use of the AMB system is going to be more prominent as these PT events evolve. USCA already uses these exclusively , the Motorstate Challenge will be using these as well as the Ohio Muscle car Challenge.

Bill Neal and Mark Bowler have created a group purchase available to the PT community, not only for participants of this event, but for anyone wishing to acquire one. You can buy either the battery powered or hard wired one for $400.00 shipped , which is AT LEAST a $90.00 savings.

I was hoping the information on this got out sooner than it did as we only have a short window to have these in time for the MWMCC event. Those of you who have sent inquires already to : [email protected] and have not received a reply, do not worry. Today there will be a link up on the 10/10ths website to be able to purchase these at the discounted rate. I will post the link as soon as it is available to me here and on other various media locations. Anyone one else that wants to get this handled on the here and now program send inquires to the email address above, you will be sent the link automatically as soon as it is up this afternoon. We are going to extend this group buy until Monday April 21st, instead of the original April 18th deadline.

The more people that have these the better. There will be a small number of these transponders available for rental the day of the event. It is impossible for us to function as the OUSCI event runs where they are taking transponders off of cars in the hot pit and reinstalling them on another car in the cold pit and expect timing and scoring to have the correct transponder ID with corresponding individual.

GET ON IT !!

~Danny
      Last edited by RAFTRACER; 04-16-2014 at 05:55 AM.

here is the link to the group buy purchase for the AMB transponders :

http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/amb_group_buy.html

Share wherever you'd like so that this gets circulated in time, the sale will be through Monday April 21st.

~Danny

Country Flag: United States
      So how will the scoring work for the road course portion. Is everyone that wants to compete expected to shell out another $400 so we can be timed now? I'm just wondering because when we all signed up it just said to click the appropriate box if we needed a transponder. I love racing with everyone but with the cost of events rising and with the groups starting to ask for cages/harnesses, I wont last long. Most of us have families to support and this is just for fun. Were not professionals.
      Don't take this as a rant. I'm just trying to figure out whats going on.
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tflyboy77 View Post
      So how will the scoring work for the road course portion. Is everyone that wants to compete expected to shell out another $400 so we can be timed now? I'm just wondering because when we all signed up it just said to click the appropriate box if we needed a transponder. I love racing with everyone but with the cost of events rising and with the groups starting to ask for cages/harnesses, I wont last long. Most of us have families to support and this is just for fun. Were not professionals.
      Thanks
      As for my understanding there will be a few transponder that will go from car to car in the car.

Im with you as far as cost, but the way i look at it, buy it now and then its MINE.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by tflyboy77 View Post
      Thanks
      We as 10/10ths have 9-10 that we can use on peoples car that do not have them. We are attempting to acquire more so that it is not a T&S nightmare swapping transponders around between sessions as nothing good can come from that.

I know it is an extra cost, but they are stone reliable and should only need to purchase one in your lifetime. The group buy price for these is significantly reduced, there are no real wholesale outlets on these things and AMB has the market cornered. This will be what all of these events migrate to for accuracy and ease for the organizers. Motorstate Challenge and Ohio Muscle Car Challenge will also be using these, but understand that both venues will additionally have loaners.

AMB transponders being used for road course event

Thank you guys for the quick reply. I'm not big money or professional so I don't expect to win anything but their is a bunch of us that love to do this for nothing more than bragging rights and a shot at getting noticed by the big shots. When I'm trying to scrimp and save for a set of tires to run this season and then get a notice of a $400 equipment fee....I get a little worked up and so does my wife. ;)

Sorry for any confusion. We had a great opportunity for the MMC event participants and the Pro-Touring community that we teamed up with 10/10ths to offer these transponders at a group rate. We had several people interested in the option and Bill made the connections to make it happen. We were encouraging people to take advantage of this opportunity and have your own for all of the events. Saving $90 is a great offer. Trust me I understand the cost of the event and the travel expense is enough, the last thing any of us have is an extra $400 to throw at our cars.

No worries we will have transponders at the track for those who are interested in competing and getting times, there will be no addtional expese to you for this. We are just limited on the amount available and will do our best to effecently change the transponders between run groups as needed and as required.

We want this to be a smooth event with maximum run time, training and fun. That is why Bowler Performance Transmissions as put this event together. We profit nothing from this event and only want to give an opportunity for everyone interested to learn and enjoy their car on the Road Course and Autocross. To us this is more about having a good time with great people.

Thank you to all of the participants who are supporting this event!
      Please support the sponsors who make this event possible: Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels, Detroit Speed, BFGoodich Tires, Orange Cone Racing, Lingenfelter Performance, Phantom-Products, 10/10ths & Centerforce Clutches.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com