Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: A/C bulkhead

A/C bulkhead

I didnt really think too much before I put my bulkhead in this location. Afterwards I though I sure as hell hope its not going to cause any issues with the under dash portion of my A/C and heat. Also I assume the big round hole on the left side cowel is no long needed. Do most people just block this off?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      Ohhh Boy,

Looks like a 1st gen Camaro.
      Yep! Most likely Bad location. Should have mocked up the Evaporator first.
      Some people Route the Evaporator lines and heater lines through the old fan hole. Others plug it up and some mount that very bulkhead where the fan used to be.

Kurt

Yeah I guess I should have thought through that a little more before drilling holes in my firewall. I know I saw on here where someone rented the mock up units. Any idea who that was?

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      Yeah I guess I should have thought through that a little more before drilling holes in my firewall. I know I saw on here where someone rented the mock up units. Any idea who that was?
      Lol! I know what you mean.
      After I smoothed my firewall I mocked my 69RS up with a Classic Auto Air System Sure fit unit. Punched holes through the firewall. Did not like where the heater hoses were pretty much laying over the engine wire loom.
      Shifted gears bought a Gen IV evaporator and a inline bulkhead tucked up towards the fender like most folks do.
      I made my own Evaporator mounting bracket assembly that I also mounted my MSD module to.
      Similar to Erik's over at Lateral-G
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27755
      I mounted my heater valve in a similar configuration to Tim Watson here at Pro-touring
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...r+heater+valve
      Then it gets real fun pluming.
      NOT!
      Now I have some holes to plug. :(

Kurt

I'll post some pics this weekend.

Our custom aftermarket a/c parts collections come from common design traits, starting with hex head bolts, rivets, textures etc to dramatic lush lines that create an over sized dramatic style. All of our aftermarket a/c parts contain air conditioning control panels, a/c bulkhead plates, and pro touring air conditioning vents that compliment each other. These collections contain cutting edge style that is just the beginning of what’s to be admired about our aftermarket a/c auto parts collection.

https://www.restomodair.com/view-all...cts/bulkheads/

i used a V/A bulkhead and set it next to my harness loom.
      fit was great and still have access if ever a need.

Name:  IMG_20160503_192102.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  231.0 KB

AC Bulkhead

Or you could kill two birds with one stone by putting the bulkhead in the hole. This in on a 2nd Gen.

Name:  Bulkhead1.JPG
Views: 931
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  Bulkhead2.JPG
Views: 717
Size:  38.2 KB

mklinger - where did you get that piece? Is that a single piece or is that a block off cover with the bulkhead then attached to it as a 2nd piece?

Thanks!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com