Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

67' Camaro with 5th gen center console

Posted this on TeamCamaro forum, thought I would throw it up over here as well.

First off, I stole the idea from another member on here. So its definately not original. This was all done at home in the garage by me. I plan to use an e-brake handle that I aquired from a 2010 as well and remove the old pedal style ebrake.

I covered the console in vinyl to try and match the interior as much as possible. I didn't want a huge black plastic piece as a center console. I also tried to match the shape of the original gauge cluster out of a 67'. The only part I didnt do was spraying the paint. I left that up to the professional that originally painted the car. I had thoughts of going matte black instead of the car color but it just didnt look right to me. I used the traction contol button to run a b&m line lock, both aux sockets work along with the usb and aux input to the radio in the console box/storage. The shifter is the same b&m that I have in this picture, just a different knob and I used the shifter boot from the 5th gen.
      [/URL]

Sorry about the quality of some of pictures, I tried to get the best ones. Had to adjust a few as well so you can see all of it. Let me know what y'all think.

[/URL]
      [/URL]
      [/URL]
      [/URL]
      [/URL]
      [/URL]

67' RS/SS Clone Madeira Maroon ZZ383, 700r4, ford 9 inch 3.73 gears

Exactly what I want in mine! Nice job.

Very nice, I have seen Jeff's (JWcarguy) console conversion and I have been trying to find one. Not many around on ebay, most of them are missing parts.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Thanks you. They do seem hard to find. I got this one off of ebay but the junkyard didnt even have a picture of it up. I had to inquire as to what all it included. I made sure it was everything that I need and bought it. It seems like the side pieces are the hardest to find.

Thanks!
      I think that you are referring about my conversion?? ( since I have never seen one done prior to mine)

I like yours, great job!

Looks like a modern take on a 67' style gauge console

Chris,
      I have a line on two Gen 5 consoles
      I need one for a friend's 69' build and I will get you the info on the other one, once confirmed
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Nice work!! What steering wheel is that? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by 69convt View Post
      Nice work!! What steering wheel is that? Thx
      Mine?? That is a Momo Retro wheel

Nice Work! I was also inspired by jwcarguy and acquired one a few months back. I'm also looking into making the 5th gen e-brake handle work if possible... keep us posted on that please.
      Scott Atkinson
      68 Camaro SS in progress
      Las Vegas, NV / Redondo Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Atk View Post
      Nice Work! I was also inspired by jwcarguy and acquired one a few months back. I'm also looking into making the 5th gen e-brake handle work if possible... keep us posted on that please.
      Scott,

I have the E-brake handle assembly from mine if you need it?

It mounts off center and the first gen tunnel is much narrower, so I was going to make a "platform" that fits the side of the first gen tunnel and creates a "flat" area for the gen 5 E-brake handle assembly to mount to

then use either a Wilwood or Lokar dual e-brake cable setup that steps down to one point and mount/ connect to top of tunnel and route the cables to each side , and connect the e-brake switch to the gen 5 setup

For my, the handle was too "big and bulky" for my taste
      so I made a template of the handle "hole" in the console, went to a buddy's shop and had him make a plate from 1/8" steel plate on the plasma table, filed don/ rounded the edges, welded two 8/32 studs to back and then had my upholstery guy wrap them in leather and make a "pouche" for my iphone
      Only thing that I came up with, rather than just covering the whole, this way, it looks intentional and that I at least addressed the issue, rather than just covering it?
      here is a pic
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Scruggs,

How did you end up mounting your console?

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
      Mine?? That is a Momo Retro wheel
      Yes, Thx what a way to cleanly update a classic. Tastefully done!

Sorry I have been on in a while, went on vacation.
      jwcarguy; yes it was yours I was refering to. It looked like it flowed well in the car and made sense to go with a newer model like that, sort of keeping it in the family.
      As far as the ebrake goes, I've put in there a couple times now and just looking at it, it seems way to big. If you google a 2010 camaro console in the car it looks like it sticks up too high and is a bit long. I think I am going to stick with the pedal for now, I think I am actually going to pull my console back out and fill in the ebrake hole and completely recover that side so its smooth. Might take a little more work but I think it would be worth it.
      I ended up making some brackets to mount mine. I rested it on some peices of cardboard to figure out where I wanted it and then made some brackets that bolt to the floor and then the console screws onto the brackets. One bracket for the front where that cross piece sits under the shifter surround and one in the rear that bolts to the two bottom holes. I also made a center bracket which is just a piece of flat 1/4" aluminum that screws onto the console and then attaches to the megashifter where the old surround bolted. I got lucky with the center piece, it was all in the placement.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
      Scott,

I have the E-brake handle assembly from mine if you need it?

It mounts off center and the first gen tunnel is much narrower, so I was going to make a "platform" that fits the side of the first gen tunnel and creates a "flat" area for the gen 5 E-brake handle assembly to mount to

then use either a Wilwood or Lokar dual e-brake cable setup that steps down to one point and mount/ connect to top of tunnel and route the cables to each side , and connect the e-brake switch to the gen 5 setup

For my, the handle was too "big and bulky" for my taste
      so I made a template of the handle "hole" in the console, went to a buddy's shop and had him make a plate from 1/8" steel plate on the plasma table, filed don/ rounded the edges, welded two 8/32 studs to back and then had my upholstery guy wrap them in leather and make a "pouche" for my iphone
      Only thing that I came up with, rather than just covering the whole, this way, it looks intentional and that I at least addressed the issue, rather than just covering it?
      here is a pic
      Awesome! Thanks for the ideas. I have time to figure something out. I did buy a brake handle separately but appreciate the offer. We need to meet up sometime, I'm in Vegas... saw your car at Super Run, and decided then on the late model console.
      Scott Atkinson
      68 Camaro SS in progress
      Las Vegas, NV / Redondo Beach, CA

Fantastic!
      68 Camaro TT LSX 427 "Golem" / click the link
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ighlight=golem
      sponsored by
      www.FactoryFinishPDR.com

Man, those really look good. My only problem is, I'm using a early model Hurst Super Shifter. The stick on this shifter is only about 6" long, and it mounts on the side of the Muncie 4 speed. Any one have any suggestions what to do there? Your set up is really nice looking!!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Man, those really look good. My only problem is, I'm using a early model Hurst Super Shifter. The stick on this shifter is only about 6" long, and it mounts on the side of the Muncie 4 speed. Any one have any suggestions what to do there? Your set up is really nice looking!!
      offset shifter handle

I love it! I retrofitted a 73-81 Camaro console in my Monte. After some cleaning/dying/pinstripping it looks like it was made for the car
      86 Monte Carlo SS
      @corybrowning19

This is what I got for $15
      86 Monte Carlo SS
      @corybrowning19

This is what I ended up with about $30 and 3 hours later
      86 Monte Carlo SS
      @corybrowning19

Quote Originally Posted by bad86ss View Post