Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

2014 341 Challenge Back On! Here's the Details

Formerly known as the Spectre 341 Challenge, Amir Rosenbaum has brought back the event as the 341 Challenge.

For those of you that are not familiar with the event, here's a little more information about it:
      The race takes place in the small town of Virginia City, Nevada. It's like a flashback in time. Once an old mining town, the streets still look like they would from back in the 19th Century. The town brings in tourists from all over to visit the shops and historic public buildings as the townspeople dress to the theme and walk the streets. The town relies mainly on tourists for income though back in the day the town made millions off mining. As you make your way to Virginia City off Highway 50, you come to a fork in the road where Highway 341 and 342 split. This is where the race begins. Highway 341 is one of the only public roads in all of the country that will be shut down for two full days as all types of cars from supercars, to imports and pro-touring cars and truck race towards the top in the ultimate battle on who will claim the hill.

This 5.2 miles long road has more than 22 turns and a 1,216ft elevation rise. Guardrails are present, but only on short stretches of the highway. Why might anyone take the plunge and participate in an event like this one may ask? There are no awards given, besides a cheap ribbon Amir had made, and there isn't money to be won. Yes the fastest times will be posted, but Amir will not make a big deal of them. As Amir put it, "if you have to ask yourself this questions, then this event is not for you." Reality is, how often does one get a chance to participate in a hillclimb where the road is completely shut down and you're the only one on the course. It's just you, your car and the road. You don't have to go fast. You don't have to push your car to its limit until you have no more car; though many will try. It's really about the experience and just doing it.

Amir, who owns the fastest lap time on this road with his Ferrari F40, took 7 years to master the hill. In 2002 he set down a 3:10.53 minute lap time, which no one has been able to beat; though some have come close. Amir created a 3:41 Club to commemorate all the drivers that have successfully raced the hill in 3 minutes and 41 seconds. Is it possible? Absolutely. Does it take more than one time coming out; for most it will.

If you think this event is for you, Registration is OPEN. There are only a handful of spots so I would suggest to get your entry in now.

Name:  Event Logo.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  14.7 KB
      JUNE 14-15, 2013
      Virginia City, NV
      http://341challenge.com/
      http://341challenge.com/register/

Photos From Previous Events:
      Name:  341 challenge 005 2011 (720x480).jpg
Views: 795
Size:  103.1 KBName:  341 challenge 007 2011 (720x480).jpg
Views: 707
Size:  88.2 KBName:  341 challenge 2011 (640x427).jpg
Views: 708
Size:  124.8 KBName:  341 challenge 006 2011 (720x480).jpg
Views: 720
Size:  115.3 KBName:  341 challenge cruise 2011 (800x531).jpg
Views: 847
Size:  270.7 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by Trackside-Brandy; 02-05-2014 at 09:35 PM.
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Follow me for the latest event news on Pro-Touring.com

I registered as soon as it opened. I can't wait to attack this hill again in my 68 Road Runner!

I am registered and paid...I can't wait to try this hill.
      Dannie
      2013 Chevy Camaro SS/RS/1LE, Forgeline Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Ride Tech triple adjustable coilovers, Strong Arms and SwayBar.

I checked the website to get the dates, and it looks like the event is cancelled due to insurance.

Mike

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com