• Drag Racing
      • Burnout Contests
      • Giant Manufacturers Midway & Used Parts Swap Meet
      • Huge All-GM Car Show

Homepage: http://www.chpnationals.com/
      Prices: http://www.chpnationals.com/docs/chp-pricing-2014.pdf
      Schedule: http://www.chpnationals.com/docs/CHP...s-Schedule.pdf
      2014 Preview: http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/ho...onals_preview/

The Information Below is per the Chevy High Performance Natioanls Autocross Rules, Classes and Awards Webpage:

http://www.chpnationals.com/docs/CHP...7;20Awards.pdf

Chevy High Performance (All GM) Nationals Autocross
      Why try autocross...? Imagine standing on the throttle, then pushing on the brakes to maximum, and then turning the steering wheel hard to make the corner. Now think about doing this in a friendly, safe, no pressure environment. This is autocross, and yes, it is fun! In years past, attending a car show meant driving to the show, finding a nice parking place, unfolding the lawn chairs and pulling out the build book. While a static car show can still be enjoyable, getting behind the wheel and pushing your favorite project car/ truck to the limit is thrilling. In the interest of safety and enjoyment, autocross events are held in large, wide open parking lots. A course is set up using orange cones, and the driver navigates the course as quickly as possible. Each vehicle is timed, and to encourage safe in control driving, hitting cones results in time penalties (penalty is 2 seconds per cone). Autocross events are “time trial” type single car competitions with no wheel to wheel racing. Vehicles stage and then start on a light, run the course and then finish through a timing beam before coming to a complete stop in the stop box area.

Just bring your registered/street legal vehicle to the Chevy High Performance Autocross registration/tech area next to the course entrance to get inspected. Once passed you are ready to run. If you want to witness some of the best Pro Touring cars on the planet then be sure to watch the Autocross when Chevy High Performance’s Street Machine Challenge. This “invitation only” class will feature Pro Touring cars showcasing the best in power and handling. Who can participate? Anyone who purchases an autocross entry at the gate can participate in the CHP Nationals autocross as long as their vehicle meets all safety requirements.

Rules and Regulations for the Chevy High Performance (All-GM) Autocross:
      1. All autocross participants must purchase an autocross ticket at the front gate. Each participant will be issued a registration number, which will be your autocross entry number.
      2. The entry number must be displayed and easily read. Further instructions will be at the autocross tech inspection area.
      3. Participants must use DOT approved tires with a minimum of 180 tread wear. (No shaving or softening) No R compound or racing tires for official timed runs. Unapproved tires may be used for a limited number of exhibition, non scored runs per day. To be determined as time allows.
      4. No passengers or drivers under the age of 18. Passengers must sign the same liability waiver as driver.
      5. Wristbands will be issued to drivers and must be worn at all times.
      6. Helmet use is required. A limited number of loaner helmets will be available.
      7. Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
      a. Functional seatbelts.
      b. Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
      c. Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
      d. All lugnuts in place and tight.
      e. Hubcaps are to be removed.
      f. Valid driver’s license & proof of insurance.
      g. Registered, street legal vehicles only. No race cars.
      h. All loose items to be removed from vehicle (floor mats, items hanging from rearview
      mirror, cassettes, CDs, and glove box, console, trunk items, etc.).
      8. Vehicles with fluid leaks will not be permitted on the autocross course.
      9. Vehicles must be in finished condition with floors, doors, fenders & pickup beds where required.
      10. No unsafe driving will be tolerated. Management will have COMPLETE discretion to deny anyone participation in the Chevy High Performance Nationals autocross for any reason.
      11. Should any CHP Street Machine Challenge participants want to compete in the weekend autocross, they will be placed in the Pro class.
      12.CLASSES:
      Modern Muscle: 1993-present
      Street Machine: 1973-1992
      Muscle Machine: 1955-1972
      Street Rod: 1954 & older
      Truck Class: Any year that is currently registered as a truck with the DMV.
      Turn and Burn: Open to any street legal, registered car or truck. Lowest combined ET of quarter mile and autocross course. To be eligible driver must bring an official time slip (matching the vehicle) to the autocross course. Drag strip ET and autocross time will be added up for final time.
      Pro Class: Open only to Pro cars that do not fit into any of the classes listed above.

Autocross Awards: Special recognition awards will be presented to the class winners listed above as well as to other select individuals. Have fun and a chance to win one of thirty (30) awards given away.
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Follow me for the latest event news on Pro-Touring.com

Country Flag: United States
      This looks like a fun event.

Do any of the West Coast events include a "Turn and Burn" competition ?

This event was a blast last year.

The ASCS guys do the timing / run the autocross portion, and Jet Hot Sponsors it ( Thanks!!)
      I ran about 25 autocross laps over two days, and could have ran probably that many more if i wanted.
      At most, there was only about 6 cars in line to do Autocross. Probably only 30-40 registered.
      We also got 3 drag runs on Sat, and 3 on Sunday as well.
      (Be sure to bring a pair of Jeans!! They wont let you drag with out them)

And for those who dont know, Atlanta dragway is a a big-time place.
      I felt like a big dog, rolling under the gigantic tower and out to the starting line......LOL!!

My car was in Chevy High Performance 3 different months after this event as well.
      Henry De Los Santos (The main editor of CHP) is a cool, regular Joe, kind of guy, and they are all over this event taking pics.

This is definitely on my list for this year.

Here are some vids from last year.

Autocross -

Drag -

Smoke Show -

Ron- There used to be a couple events here on the West Coast, but I haven't been able to find any to put on our calendar for 2014. Seems like more of these events are going out to the Midwest and East coast. If you or anyone else hears of any out here on the West Coast please let me know. I would like to add them to our event calendar and get a thread going on them.

Thanks
      Brandy Morrow Phillips
      Site Contributor

WWW.PRO-TOURING.COM

Follow me for the latest event news on Pro-Touring.com

It's already on my calendar.
      David H. Amrine
      (USMC Retired)

Boys drive fast on the street. But MEN prove how fast they are at the Track.

I'll consider this one since it's not the same weekend as Power Tour like it was last year. Still may be tough to make this one, then do PT the next week, but I'll see.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

It was fun. kinda like a get together with just friends.

This event was awesome last year and well worth the 950 mile each way drive. Well organize and unlimited autox runs. The CHP crew are great, just lke the magazine. Attend of you can, you won't be disappointed.

If I would of know about this last year I would of went going to try and get a group from Nashville to come down

Hey guys its this weekend! Its a great event and a way to meet some of the people here.
      Car show, swap meet, drag racing. .....oh yea.....autocrossing. this track was bigger than Goodguys!!! so thats even better

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com