Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1967 RS/SS camaro headlights won't turn on?

Driving home yesterday in the evening, hit a bump & my headlights turned off. Immediately turned my parking lights on since something is better than nothing.

This morning I replaced all three relays for the hideaway headlights, checked the circuit breaker & it had power coming in & out. Checked my fuses & one was bad, replaced it but still can't turn headlights on. The headlight doors seem to be opening & closing fine otherwise.

Pulled the drivers side headlight connector from the back of it and there is no power going to any of the wires. Can't really chase the power through the harness because it is pretty hidden under the fender then plugs into the fuse panel/firewall.

Pulled the headlight switch out of the dash & it seems to be working fine. Pull it out slightly & dash & running lights turn on, pull it out all the way & the headlight doors open (no headlights though), turn it to the left & the dome light comes on, turn it to the right & it dims the panel gauges.

If my high beam switch fails, will that prevent my headlights from turning on? can my headlight switch be bad even though everything else seems to be working with it?

I'm at a loss, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      For sure check the dimmer switch. Had that go out on my 67RS leaving my wedding!
      Tim

67 Camaro RS

64 Nova SS

Your dimmer switch went bad & your lights stopped working? I guess I could replace that, don't think I ever have.

Yep. Turns out the pigtail connector fried. Put the new dimmer switch in and I have high beams until I replace the pigtail.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com