Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Ben, I'm hoping that some of my info may help others, the way this forum has helped me in my build. And yes, I'm going to bet that cam sensor came from "over seas".....

Frank

Long Island, NY

1969 Chevy Nova - 370 LQ4/LS3, Procharger, TKO 600, 9" w/ 3.89's (always a work-in-progress)

An update....

I was at a car show here on Long Island over the weekend, and I had the opportunity to make some runs on a portable Dynojet.

I was very happy with the results - 594 rwhp / 562 lb/ft. I'm still working on the tune as it's pretty conservative to be on the safe side.

Here's a video of the pulls:

http://youtu.be/OwTQr3ryx0Y

http://youtu.be/9RWxN_f5aFg

I'm really amazed at how easy these LS motors make power. I mean this is 370ci of all factory and off the shelf parts, a cam out of the Comp Cams catalog, a factory intake and the "baby" blower from Procharger and it's making around 700hp at the flywheel - holy crap!!

I know there are a lot of people out there making gobs more power, but I'm thrilled to be able to do this on a reasonable budget.

Frank

Long Island, NY

1969 Chevy Nova - 370 LQ4/LS3, Procharger, TKO 600, 9" w/ 3.89's (always a work-in-progress)

Sweet looking nova man! Which transmission crossmember did you use? I'm looking for one that will work with the 4l80e.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHD View Post
      Sweet looking nova man! Which transmission crossmember did you use? I'm looking for one that will work with the 4l80e.
      I have the one that came with the Keisler TKO 600 kit. I had to elongate the trans mount holes when I swapped from the big block to the LS. I don't know where the 4L80's mount would be in relation to the TKO's. I think American Powertrain makes an adjustable mount to work with several different trannys.

Frank

Long Island, NY

I'm about to tackle a very similar build.... LQ4 Procharged 68 Camaro. So thanks for all the pix n ideas!!!
      Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but wow Frank this is a hell of a build! So much to love here. I hope you are still plugging away at the car and enjoying it. Lots of great ideas here.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

1969 Nova Rear Spoiler

Hi Frank,
      My name is Tony and I have a 1969 Nova. I want a rear spoiler for my car and really like the one you have.
      Where can I get that spoiler?
      Thanks! 👍
      Tony

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com