Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      yeah and mines a 73 with even bigger bumpers
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      yeah and mines a 73 with even bigger bumpers

A little nip and tuck won't hurt. lol Tuff choices

yeah that the plan lol.. but if i do im leaning towards painted bumpers.. mostly because of budget... im sure getting bumpers redone isnt cheap
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

That hood looks great, but if you want any functionality you'll need to seal up the opening at the cowl. Right now, there's setup to be a fight between low pressure from the hood vents and high pressure at the cowl, which the cowl would win. The net effect is high pressure in the engine compartment and decreased cooling effectiveness at speed.

It might be a moot point if you're in a temperate climate, but trying to keep cool in 115° heat makes you think about more than just the size of your radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by hookemdevils22 View Post
      That hood looks great, but if you want any functionality you'll need to seal up the opening at the cowl. Right now, there's setup to be a fight between low pressure from the hood vents and high pressure at the cowl, which the cowl would win. The net effect is high pressure in the engine compartment and decreased cooling effectiveness at speed.

It might be a moot point if you're in a temperate climate, but trying to keep cool in 115° heat makes you think about more than just the size of your radiator.
      Thanks for the tip, never thought about that. Yes I will address that area. The open end of the cowl hood has a bunch of 1/2 holes in that area, will look to fill them in.

Here's a clip that I took of the car as it sits now. Been talking to several shops now and will see where it ends up for the next stages of its life.

https://youtu.be/FSitXGqnkQk

Quote Originally Posted by Kiquee71 View Post
      Here's a clip that I took of the car as it sits now. Been talking to several shops now and will see where it ends up for the next stages of its life.

https://youtu.be/FSitXGqnkQk

So much of this car is a blueprint for what I am doing with my nova. Love it. Also I subscribed to your YouTube channel and can’t wait for more content

1971 Nova Build ??

Well this day has finally arrived, she is off to a new home for at least the next 6 months. Can’t wait till I get her back super excited. Been a long 5 years working on her and now letting Chimera Motors in HB. take over from here. will be posting updates as the progress goes on at the shop. More to come. Have a good weekend peeps.

Name:  IMG_4335.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  161.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4336.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  193.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4337.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  149.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4340.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  347.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4342.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  301.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4345.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  131.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4347.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  79.8 KB

I am digging the hood!!!
      Tom

The stance on that looks great! Are you going to re chrome the bumpers?

Quote Originally Posted by OregonianNova View Post
      The stance on that looks great! Are you going to re chrome the bumpers?
      OregonianNova I’m not sure which direction I’m going with the bumpers, chrome or even black chrome that’s out there. I’m thinking going with turquoise paint job, but not sure sure what shade to go with dark or light and black stripes up the hood and trunk lid. Will know for sure when that time gets here. Will keep updates coming as they come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiquee71 View Post
      OregonianNova I’m not sure which direction I’m going with the bumpers, chrome or even black chrome that’s out there. I’m thinking going with turquoise paint job, but not sure sure what shade to go with dark or light and black stripes up the hood and trunk lid. Will know for sure when that time gets here. Will keep updates coming as they come along.

I think Turquoise would look good with regular chrome, but the black chrome would certainly look great with darker colors or possibly a really bright color like red or yellow.

What a great build! Your fab skills are top notch. I see so many builds out there with amazing TIG skills, one of these days I'll be picking one up.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

1971 Nova Build ??

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      What a great build! Your fab skills are top notch. I see so many builds out there with amazing TIG skills, one of these days I'll be picking one up.
      Ryeguy2006a. thanks for the compliment. I’m not new to welding, but was new to welding on body panels etc. Started out with a MIG, but wasn’t happy with the end results. So went to TIG and was very happy with the results. When you do pick one up you’ll love it and want to weld everything up lol. Good luck.

Any progress so far at the shop? Its been a little over 3 months so I would hope they have made some.

Any progress so far at the shop? Its been a little over 3 months so I would hope they have made some.
      Hey OregonianNova. No updates as of now. I’ve been swamped with work for the last 48 days and just finishing up 21 days straight. Looking for some time off soon, then I’ll shoot over to the shop to see what’s been done. I know when I dropped it off there was 3 cars ahead of mine. We did talk about the deadline being June, so still some time to go. Gives me time to get my other toy ready for summer lol. I’ll update as soon as I get some news. How’s your project coming along?

I think you need a vacation lol. My project is coming along pretty well, I just started working on it again after about 2 months off because I was busy with work. Currently placing the hard lines on the front subframe and getting my suspension mocked up so I can test fit brake and wheel fitment.

Awesome job - and great fab skills.

I am local (Irvine) and run a 72 Nova that is set up similarly. Hit me up sometime.
      Mike F.

I think you need a vacation lol. My project is coming along pretty well, I just started working on it again after about 2 months off because I was busy with work. Currently placing the hard lines on the front subframe and getting my suspension mocked up so I can test fit brake and wheel fitment.
      Most defiantly need a vacation, but taking a mini vaca to Mammoth Mtn. at the end of the month. Don’t you hate when work always gets in the way lol Good to hear your back on it. Keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
      Awesome job - and great fab skills.

I am local (Irvine) and run a 72 Nova that is set up similarly. Hit me up sometime.
      Hey ssmike, thanks bro. Good to know cause when it’s done I’d like to go and hang out with others. Looking to drive the hell out of it. Have any photos of your ride, need to come up with a color for paint in the near future.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com