Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
      Update:

Well received a call a few weeks ago saying that my car was next in line. So they started by stripping it all down and putting it on the rotisserie so they can send it to the sand blaster guy. Bumpers went out for chrome, suspension parts, subframe and anything that was bare metal or painted with can spray was sent out for powder coating. I dropped by today to see how things are going and they just finished spraying the underneath with epoxy. Then they are going to seal it and then coating with be sprayed.
      Here are some pics and man oh man can’t wait.

Name:  IMG_4499.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  88.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4500.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4501.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  83.8 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiquee71 View Post
      Update:

Well received a call a few weeks ago saying that my car was next in line. So they started by stripping it all down and putting it on the rotisserie so they can send it to the sand blaster guy. Bumpers went out for chrome, suspension parts, subframe and anything that was bare metal or painted with can spray was sent out for powder coating. I dropped by today to see how things are going and they just finished spraying the underneath with epoxy. Then they are going to seal it and then coating with be sprayed.
      Here are some pics and man oh man can’t wait.

Name:  IMG_4499.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  88.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4500.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4501.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  83.8 KB
      Thats has to be exciting to see the body on the rotisserie!

Quote Originally Posted by OregonianNova View Post
      Thats has to be exciting to see the body on the rotisserie!
      When they called me and said that it was my cars turn to get worked on he started to explain what was going to be done. When he mentioned that they where just going to pull the engine to do the body work, I was like hell no. I mentioned to him that I wanted it all torn apart cause everything underneath was bare metal and the underneath needed to be resealed. He said well it wasn’t on the estimate he gave me. I said I don’t care, sandblast the car and let’s do it right. So it’s on the rotisserie more updates to come when I get some time off from work to go down there.

If you have the means to do it well then there is no excuse to not do it right. It probably would have been okay since you are in so cal but if you were up here it would start to rust immediately. I’m not looking forward to getting my floor pans replaced stripped and sealed because I will have to do it myself. I am probably going to build a tip jig once I have room in my shop again. The nova is currently stuck behind a couple motorcycles I’m storing for some friends while they move :/

If you have the means to do it well then there is no excuse to not do it right. It probably would have been okay since you are in so cal but if you were up here it would start to rust immediately. I’m not looking forward to getting my floor pans replaced stripped and sealed because I will have to do it myself. I am probably going to build a tip jig once I have room in my shop again. The nova is currently stuck behind a couple motorcycles I’m storing for some friends while they move :/
      I agree with you about if I’m able to do it, then why not. If I were able do it myself in my garage I would, but with summer around the corner can’t have this car holding me up from taking out the boat to the river . Hope to hear from you when you finally get back to working on the Nova.

Update :

Stop by the shop today and man these guys are slamming this together. I’m really pleased how this is coming along. Took some photos of progress and will stop by the shop again next week for some more. Enjoy.

Name:  IMG_4522.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  140.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4517.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  143.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4516.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  158.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4520.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4525.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  122.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4521.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4519.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4518.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4515.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  149.7 KB

They work fast! Is that a sneak peak of the final color or are we just looking at primer.

1971 Nova Build ??

They work fast! Is that a sneak peak of the final color or are we just looking at primer.
      You are looking at an epoxy primer over the bare metal. The color I’m going with is a silver/blue with matte black stripes or glossy stripes. Not sure which route I’ll be going, but will be deciding soon.

Update:

The guys from the shop sent me this link of the progress that’s going on the Nova. Also the bumpers have came back from being chromed, can’t wait to see how they came out this Friday. I’ll post more photos soon.

https://www.chimeramotors.com/71-nova-ls

Went by the shop to see what has been getting done this week. They finished body work on the dash that’s visible, pillars and any other metal pieces, back speaker panel metal area that’s right at the window have all been painted. The front fenders have primer, inner fenders body work has been done and painted and undercoated also. They say maybe next week they will be ready to start her up, man I’ve been ready for this. So here are some more shots of her at the shop.

Name:  IMG_4536.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  179.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4537.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  154.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4538.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  140.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4539.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  78.2 KB

Car is looking good bro! Are those custom made brake lines or is a kit?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHD View Post
      Car is looking good bro! Are those custom made brake lines or is a kit?
      Thanks BlackHD. Those are all custom made, I provided the hydro boost, MC, proportioning valve, braided lines for each wheel and they ran with it with the lines.

thanks! They turned out nice!

A little update on progress. There has been wiring, plumbing and routing lines done to the car while going back and forth to body shop. Power windows have been installed, seats had the power reclining wired too. Novas body has been worked, hood, fenders also been getting there massage. Drivers door skin is being removed for a new one. Getting close to paint and firing her up. Will have more updates when I get them.

Name:  IMG_4583.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  150.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4584.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  148.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4586.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  138.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4587.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  130.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4655.JPG
Views: 1070
Size:  125.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4654.JPG
Views: 1057
Size:  124.8 KB

1971 Nova Build ??

Went by the shop today to get an update on how things are going with the Nova. Well she is alive lol it’s been a long 5+ years to her her run. As with all projects hit some snags along the way that sidelined progress for a while, but all that is behind and ready to move forward. Body work is just about done, final block sanding will be soon. When she gets some color on her I’ll post it when I can.

https://youtu.be/BW63NQZ9FOQ

looking great Kiquee!

is that a custom exhaust?

1971 Nova Build ??

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHD View Post
      looking great Kiquee!

is that a custom exhaust?
      Thanks bud. Yes had fun building & routing that SS exhaust.

A little update. Well it has been several months since I’ve posted any progress on the car. So things like work, family have been quite hectic so the car had been put on hold for a bit. Ok so that’s out of the way. The Nova has been getting ready for some paint for a couple of months and now the fun begins. They started painting door jams, hood and deck lid with some color. Looking to have paint on the whole car next week. Then later the stripes will be added. Can’t wait, it’s been a long road. Anyways here are some pics.

Name:  IMG_4940.JPG
Views: 719
Size:  139.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4936.JPG
Views: 725
Size:  119.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4935.JPG
Views: 722
Size:  116.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4937.JPG
Views: 718
Size:  104.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4939.JPG
Views: 732
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4938.JPG
Views: 740
Size:  125.1 KB

Nice, can't wait to see it painted!

Digging this car. Motivating me to get to work on mine!

What size wheel and tires do you have on the front?
      1993 Fox Body...its in the works
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...72#post1249772

1972 Nova...OUT OF THE BARN!!!!! Build coming soon!

IG:@kdmerritt5 for more

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com