Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like you had a really nice Chevelle. You couldn't have asked for a much better Nova shell to start with it looks like. Where in Orange County are you? Maybe we'll run into each other sometime!

Jon Rasmussen
      Hotchkis Performance
      877-466-7655 ext. 224
      [email protected]

Hotchkis Performance East
      704-660-3060

Check out our Facebook page!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon @ Hotchkis View Post
      Looks like you had a really nice Chevelle. You couldn't have asked for a much better Nova shell to start with it looks like. Where in Orange County are you? Maybe we'll run into each other sometime!
      Thanks Jon, my mom was the original owner of the Chevelle and then I got it and turned into a beast lol. Yes I was fortunate with this Nova. Original owner kept car in the garage most of the time. To my surprise no big rust spots , I think someone left a damp towel on the trunk lid and it has small spots of rust in a circular pattern. Still has original paint and small amount of bondo on drivers door. Probably change out the skin tho. I'm in the area by Knotts Berry Farm, it would be a pleasure to meet you sometime.

1971 Nova Build ??

Just want to give you guys or gals a heads up, I started this project last summer. I wasn't planning on putting it on a forum, but thought what the hell. Why not another Nova, but its mine

So, subframe done and put away for later. Now time for the body mods. First up is the firewall filler plate from DSE, nice piece and easy to install.

Now that the welding and grinding is done time for some quick primer. Next on the list is making some subframe connectors and that's where I'm at at this point. I have a an idea in mind and thanks to all the people who posts I have read in this forum. I'll post photos and soon as I complete this stage.

Great work on those frame welds! LOVE the Nova builds!!!

nice......i really need to get started back on mine.....on that dse firewall plate.. Do you weld it over the original firewall? or do you cut it out then weld in? have you checked out stevesnovasite.com? its a good site to.....you could get some ideas there as well... i have a build thread here and there.... but the thread here was started way later so i wouldnt bore anyone to death lol.... its slow going so here i try to post several updates in one post here hahahaha.... i cant wait to see what you do with the sub frame connectors...what other body mods you doing? i have deleted the side marker lights and the body trim and the badges..... also have plans to shave the locks on doors and trunk lid......blah blah blah lol sorry to hijack
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      nice......i really need to get started back on mine.....on that dse firewall plate.. Do you weld it over the original firewall? or do you cut it out then weld in? have you checked out stevesnovasite.com? its a good site to.....you could get some ideas there as well... i have a build thread here and there.... but the thread here was started way later so i wouldnt bore anyone to death lol.... its slow going so here i try to post several updates in one post here hahahaha.... i cant wait to see what you do with the sub frame connectors...what other body mods you doing? i have deleted the side marker lights and the body trim and the badges..... also have plans to shave the locks on doors and trunk lid......blah blah blah lol sorry to hijack

No I didn't cut any of the firewall behind the filler plate, but did sooth some the AC hole, primered the back, tack them together from inside of firewall. I've been all over the web lol, been planning in my head since I bought it. Side marker delete is on my list, fuel between the taillights, but keeping the badges and door handles. Kinda like the old school look. No worries Craigs73.

1971 Nova Build ??

Well I got started on the subframe connectors last week and got a little bit done today. My son doesn't have to school today so were going to the movies Here are some photos of where I'm at now. Maybe get some welding tonight with cold beverages ;)

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Very nice to see an other Nova build.
      I will surely follow this thread.

here is mine to give you some idea's, haha (I know, I stole some idea's from Troy)

1968 Camaro, 400SBC, Baer T4 13", Airride, Autometer, 18" Intro's, March, LED taillights, Magnaflow, König seats.
      1969 Nova, LS1/4L60e, Bear brakes, ridetech suspension, AFX spindles, 69 Camaro bumpers + some custom touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Moabdude View Post
      Very nice to see an other Nova build.
      I will surely follow this thread.

here is mine to give you some idea's, haha (I know, I stole some idea's from Troy)

I'm pretty sure I'm not innocent of stealing ideas Nice Nova, I'm planning on doing the driving lights or fog lights and incorporating them into the bumper :D keep up the good work.

1971 Nova Build ??

Great project...and a Steelers fan to boot! Subscribed.
      Marc Battiste

1969 Camaro
      LY6/T56/12 Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Kiquee71 View Post
      No I didn't cut any of the firewall behind the filler plate, but did sooth some the AC hole, primered the back, tack them together from inside of firewall. I've been all over the web lol, been planning in my head since I bought it. Side marker delete is on my list, fuel between the taillights, but keeping the badges and door handles. Kinda like the old school look. No worries Craigs73.
      oh im keeping handles just getting rid of the locks....im also wanting to put a fuel door between tail lights.....it will require some heavy mods for my car including the bumpers alone...... cant wait to see more of the finished product....
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

1971 Nova Build ??

Well I finally got back to finishing up the welding on the subframe connectors that I made. Cleaned everything up and put some primer on
      top and underside. Things are going to get a little bit slow, my son started his baseball season yesterday He came out to help clean up the Nova before we primered.

The next stage of this build is going to be the DSE mini wheel tubs, so i can determine wheel & tire size, differential width. Then I can start making some suspension purchases. Will keep posting as I get started on wheel tubs. Until then, don't they look pretty LOL

Lookin' good. Tell your son we said good luck with baseball!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

1971 Nova Build ??

Thanks Ben, I will do that. I myself am probably more excited that his season started than he is lol.

Very nice start, hard to find a nova that clean and original. Top notch work by the way! Keep the pics coming!

Quote Originally Posted by 1971novaSS View Post
      Very nice start, hard to find a nova that clean and original. Top notch work by the way! Keep the pics coming!
      Thanks 1971novaSS for the comments. By the way nice ride you have there, some day my son and I will be enjoying this ride. Doing what I can when I can, I enjoying building another car. As for the pics, will do.

1971 Nova Build ??

So, I got started on the DSE mini tubs. Cut out the section of the stock wheel-well, ready to make the final cuts. More updates coming later.

1971 Nova Build ??

: update. Got some good and bad news from work, we start working 6-10's now till sometime in March. Money will be good, but everything else gets put on the back burner. I will try and squeeze some time in on the DSE mini tubs to get them done and post up the progress, but it will be slow. Want to say thanks to Cwylie on here for the parts I picked up from him and thanks to all who stopped by to take a look at my build. I will still be on the forum looking as always and getting ideas and pumped up to finish this bad boy. Till then.

1971 Nova Build ??

I worked on the mini tubes for a couple of hours Friday evening after work. Made the final cut and cut out the section of the frame. Still need to clean up the existing tub flange, not sure to cut out the spot welds or leave the cut section flange by smoothing out the edges. Will see what I decide to do. Next will be fitting in the mini tubs and see how the fit will be. I think i might have to trim some more, but will see when I get them up in there. Here are some photos of the progress.

1971 Nova Build ??

Ok, have a little bit of an update on the progress of my mini tubes stage. Have the been working on it with what very little time I have. Have the passenger side 95% done, trunk lid bracket and back seat firewall piece still need to be done to call a done deal. Works been getting busy and not sure when I'll get to the drivers side. I'm looking for a or pair of 335/30/18 tires, used preferred, bald, cuts in them whatever for mock up. If anyone knows someone who knows someone please send them my way. Thanks. Here are some pics of my progress.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com