Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by sixgunsuperman99 View Post
      It's.. fine. You can tell the gas sloshes around quite a bit in the tank as the gas gauge will swing by close to 1/2 (1/4 tank up to 1/4 tank down) tank if you get on either the brakes or gas hard. I typically don't run it below 1/4 tank as a result. I had to replace the fuel pump I got as part of the Tanks setup this summer as mine burned up. That said, I think that was a result of fuel pump relay issues I was having that caused the pump to short out rather than the tank killing it. My first pump was quite a bit noisier than the second so I'm not sure if I just got a bad pump or not, but again, I think that was the pump and not the tank. The Tanks setup works just fine for driving around town and cruising on the highway (what I do). If you want a hardcore performance option I'd look elsewhere.

It's been a few years since I've kept up with available options but I remember Rick's released a non-stainless, every-man version of their setup a few years back that was in the $800-ish range. If I were to do it again with that option available I'd spend a few more bucks and go that route instead. I'm sure the scene has changed since I put my car together. As with everything, mine's not bad, but I could do it better with what I know now and what's become available since my build!
      So it's the fuel sender slosh that drives you to keep it 1/4 tank or more, or have you actually run in to fuel starvation issues with the engine?

I'm not planning on doing a lot of autocross, maybe once in a while for fun, mostly cruising, test and tune at the drags, and taking some hard corners on the back roads. I mostly want the be able to drive the car however I want down to below quarter tank and not worry about the pickup coming uncovered.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 69NovaDude View Post
      So it's the fuel sender slosh that drives you to keep it 1/4 tank or more, or have you actually run in to fuel starvation issues with the engine?

I'm not planning on doing a lot of autocross, maybe once in a while for fun, mostly cruising, test and tune at the drags, and taking some hard corners on the back roads. I mostly want the be able to drive the car however I want down to below quarter tank and not worry about the pickup coming uncovered.
      You’ll have issues if the pump doesn’t have a baffle around it. With the new modules buckets you don’t need baffles and you are even better with the corner pick ups. I highly reccomend a vaporworks style tank even if you don’t Autocross.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by another69 View Post
      I love Aeromotive stuff so I used their tank & FPSC. Long story short I now have a Rick's / vaporworx. I would never again consider a stock style stamped tank in a FI application.
      The "stock" style Rick's RestoMod tanks are fine since they use the GM fuel module design for CTS-V or Gen5 pumps.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Hello,

I have an Aeromotive (Nova) Tank in my '69 Camaro (approx. 425 RWHP). I simply didn't have the money for a higher end tank that ranges from $1500. - $3000. depending on where you buy. So I did my homework and found out that a Nova Tank would fit with my DSE lowering springs and relocating shackles that I have installed in my Camaro. I really like the tamk and have no regrets. Do note, that Aeromotive's $500. tank looks like it has a more "high end" pump in it than it does (don't be fooled by the top/external cap that you see. But please know that the pump does work extremely well and I have had NO issues. Just to clarify for those out there that are going to call BS on my Nova/Camaro tank..... I notched the rear corners for the shackles and replaced the filler tube with the one off of my Camaro tank (it was the overall width that I was after). I will say that the more expensive tank is probably a nicer tank overall but the Aeromotive tank bolts in, hooks up, and is very effective. Hope this helps.

I installed a Tanks Inc tank in my 70 Buick GS. The tank works like a champ until i go wot from down low, I then have fuel pressure issues. I know it is the tank because I installed the old one that I was using with an inline pump. Fuel pressure remained solid with the old tank.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutgearhead View Post
      Hello,

I have an Aeromotive (Nova) Tank in my '69 Camaro (approx. 425 RWHP). I simply didn't have the money for a higher end tank that ranges from $1500. - $3000. depending on where you buy. So I did my homework and found out that a Nova Tank would fit with my DSE lowering springs and relocating shackles that I have installed in my Camaro. I really like the tamk and have no regrets. Do note, that Aeromotive's $500. tank looks like it has a more "high end" pump in it than it does (don't be fooled by the top/external cap that you see. But please know that the pump does work extremely well and I have had NO issues. Just to clarify for those out there that are going to call BS on my Nova/Camaro tank..... I notched the rear corners for the shackles and replaced the filler tube with the one off of my Camaro tank (it was the overall width that I was after). I will say that the more expensive tank is probably a nicer tank overall but the Aeromotive tank bolts in, hooks up, and is very effective. Hope this helps.
      A custom tank shouldn’t cost you $3k! With a 425 horsepower engine you don’t even need a high end pump. A Ricks tank only runs around $1k-$1250. It’s the $200-300 pump that increases the overall cost. I will tell you that investment in a project is well worth it. The modern pumps will last a long time and the tank won’t rust along with perfect fitment. Saving a few hundred is not worth fretting over to me.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rhr-3091
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

In the same boat. Really wanted the Rick's restomod tank for my 67 Camaro, I called Ricks and was told there out of stock until early spring. I'm wanting to use a 5th gen Camaro fuel pump so I'm kind of limited. Like the vaporworx tank, just wasn't wanting to spend that kind of money. Wish someone else would make a tank that would except the 5th gen fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroLSX View Post
      In the same boat. Really wanted the Rick's restomod tank for my 67 Camaro, I called Ricks and was told there out of stock until early spring. I'm wanting to use a 5th gen Camaro fuel pump so I'm kind of limited. Like the vaporworx tank, just wasn't wanting to spend that kind of money. Wish someone else would make a tank that would except the 5th gen fuel pump.
      I think someone sells an adapter ring that you weld to the tank, and allows you to use the 5-gen pump module.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

This adapter bolts in. I am using one in my 56 Cameo along with corner pickups.

https://rickstanks.com/product/bolt-in/

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroLSX View Post
      Are you looking for a tank immediately? I would hold out for the Restomod tank. You have a first gen, that’s big money and don’t want to spend $1500 on a vaporworks tank? I have bought two of them, well worth the money.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

The restomod tank being out of stock till next year kinda was a bummer for me. I was buying parts based on when I need each one and went to buy the tank and no deal......I ended up buying a Rock Valley tank with the CTS-V setup. It was the same money as the Ricks but i was pretty turned off that not one person in the Ricks supply chain new this out of stock was coming and tried 3 places to buy before finding out they are out of stock until next year. In the scheme of these builds it was an oh well just spend the money moment for me.

I was told they are waiting on some of the other restomod tanks from the chevelle, nova and others run out so they can make all these other tanks together. That way they get a better price from the vendor. I wish they would just make a run of them for the camaro. They are obviously losing business from being out of stock so long. Not everyone is going to wait til next spring for a tank.

If a Rick's or Rock Valley fabricated tank can be found used one of these can be added to mount the GM fuel module. In most cases the Gen5 SS or Gen2 CTS-V module must be used since most of the non-fuel module tanks are not deep enough to accept the ZL1.

This is how the second tank in the proof of concept stage was made for the vaporworx series of classic chassis products.

https://www.vaporworx.com/product/rwtak/
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

If you are looking for a Ricks stainless fuel injection tank I have a brand new that I will sell contact me if interested 989-763-8563 call or text for details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com