Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Volvo 122S(S)

Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys for the encouragement! I've been working on the car but don't have any new pictures at this point. It's hard to take pictures of mostly thinking. lol

Country Flag: Canada
      Great Job so far! Going to turn out awesome I'm sure.

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I haven't been working directly on the car for the last month or two because I've been focusing on my garage/shop. Thanks Darreld for your good example in indirectly convincing me to get a two post lift even though I only have a 10 foot ceiling. haha... So that's what I've been installing and finishing out the interior of the shop so I can go whole-hog on the build! So stay toned ladies and gentlemen, I'll have new developments to post soon

Glad to hear you're making forward progress!

Wow, it's been a slow year for the Amazon! As life would have it, my daily driver started consuming a LOT of oil. I was hoping it was just the turbo but it ended up being not just the turbo, but the engine as well. Adding insult to injury, the machine shop I had bore the block, destroyed it Long story short, I now have TWO Volvos without engines. lol While waiting on parts for the daily, I've found solace in continuing on with my old friend. Hear are a few pictures of whats been going on.

Pic 1. I've got the rails for the brake and clutch peddles welded in!

Pic 2. The frame is now buttoned up and the transmission tunnel is taking shape. I also hot pressure-washed the underside of the car. I was hoping to take off the undercoating with diesel fuel and 200 degree water but instead, the undercoating mostly stayed but became soft again. Good enough of me
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: France
      Great work on the wheel well tubbing.

Can't wait to see more of this build... This is possibly my dream car !

Looks nice Joel. It is going to be a really nice car when you finish it.

Very cool build! For removing undercoating ive see people use dry ice and bang with a hammer and he breaks off in pieces!

Cant wait to see more updates!
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by injcted View Post
      Very cool build! For removing undercoating ive see people use dry ice and bang with a hammer and he breaks off in pieces!

Cant wait to see more updates!
      Good idea. I may try that!

My daily driver is back on the road, thank goodness! After modifying my friend's '02 Monte Carlo including a supercharger, I'll be back on the dream car.

While I was waiting on an engine block for the daily a few months ago, I was able to move forward with some front-end development. I'd like to take what parts I got from Swedish Ops (aka Robert Jackson) and either sell them or modify them to better suite my needs. I'm mounting the upper-inner control arm pivot points inside the frame rails to maximize suspension geometry. In other words, why not make something 10 times harder when the outcome can be twice as good? lol

If anyone would like a complete Swedish Ops Front suspension let me know. It would include the subframe, upper and lower control arms, Mustang II spindles and engine mounts. I feel sorry for those (like myself) who got scammed by Jackson. PM me if interested.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Well, I am hooked. I subscribed.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Im interested in it. I sent you a message but its not showing me if it sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StreetMachine82 View Post
      My daily driver is back on the road, thank goodness! After modifying my friend's '02 Monte Carlo including a supercharger, I'll be back on the dream car.

While I was waiting on an engine block for the daily a few months ago, I was able to move forward with some front-end development. I'd like to take what parts I got from Swedish Ops (aka Robert Jackson) and either sell them or modify them to better suite my needs. I'm mounting the upper-inner control arm pivot points inside the frame rails to maximize suspension geometry. In other words, why not make something 10 times harder when the outcome can be twice as good? lol

If anyone would like a complete Swedish Ops Front suspension let me know. It would include the subframe, upper and lower control arms, Mustang II spindles and engine mounts. I feel sorry for those (like myself) who got scammed by Jackson. PM me if interested.

Im interested. I sent you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      Such a clean car, must be nice to cut into it and not find rust. I have always liked these cars, went to school with a guy that had one and fell in love with the style.

So, being in Boise have you eaten at Tucanos? I've been there on a couple occasions and when I travel I look for Brazilian where ever I go!
      No, I have not (yet) eaten at Tucanos. I'll have to check it out. Next time you're in Boise let me know, I'd be happy to show you my build

Saw this a few years ago and got excited when I saw this build.
      Name:  17hgzns57pgccjpg.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  37.0 KB

little bit of reading
      https://jalopnik.com/amazing-788-hor...n-seek-5896181
      Kacy
      79 Corvette, 406 SBC, Holley EFI, 700R4

Same!!

Quote Originally Posted by KacyZ28 View Post
      Saw this a few years ago and got excited when I saw this build.
      Name:  17hgzns57pgccjpg.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  37.0 KB

little bit of reading
      https://jalopnik.com/amazing-788-hor...n-seek-5896181

Country Flag: Sweden
      This is a cool build.
      I dont know about U.S based Volvo parts suppliers, but check out VP-Autoparts based in Sweden.
      Ironically i buy alot of Mustang parts from them, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidus View Post
      This is a cool build.
      I dont know about U.S based Volvo parts suppliers, but check out VP-Autoparts based in Sweden.
      Ironically i buy alot of Mustang parts from them, hehe.
      Yes, I familiar with them.

I'll need to post an update soon! Busy!

Wow, it's been WAY too long since I've undated you guys! My apologies please. My only excuse: I got married! I married her because she shares in my desire to take this on Route 66 when I'm done. This coming fall? lol

I've been doing a lot of fab-work and engineering brain-power with the front suspension. I just realized while writing this, that I'm designing the car from the outside in. Meaning that, staring with the 1/4" hood clearance with the high-rise intake manifold and that dimension translating longitudinally and vertically back through the block, headers, steering rack position and so on; now it's been with the front suspension both laterally and vertically from the wheel/tire fit-up at the fenders and moving inward. I decided to go with the wheels I had on the car (16" American Racing Torque Thrust II) vs the ones I bought to replace them which were the 17" Torque Thrust M's. It was a hard decision since the M's are a high off-set which would have translated to a 0 scrub radius and I wouldn't need to move my lower control arms inward 1.75" a side and aggressively narrow my rack, but the wheels made the car too modern for my evolving taste. It's quite a waist of investment, but I'd really like the car to look (from the outside) the same or similar to what it did before I cut it apart, now 7 years ago. I can't believe it's been so long

PM me if you're interested in the new wheels and tires. They've never even been fully mounted to the car. They're even balanced with care, meaning that the wheel weights are hidden behind the spokes. They are: American Racing Torque Thrust M with a gunmetal gray center/polished lip combo, 17x8 front and 17x9.5 rear both with a +45 offset mounted on 225x50x17 and 255x45x17 BFG G-force Sport comp IIs. PM me for pictures as I don't want to make this build thread into a classified I live in southern Idaho but am taking a trip to Anaheim California in a week or so if you want to meet me somewhere.

Cool project!!! If I had all the time and money I would do a Volvo wagon. I think it's called an Amazon?
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
      Cool project!!! If I had all the time and money I would do a Volvo wagon. I think it's called an Amazon?
      Thanks for the complement. Yes, these are called Amazon. Mine is technically a Amazon 130. The wagon variant would be a Amazon 220 and the 4-door sedan is a 120. The Amazon is a 122 series Volvo. Did I confuse you? lol Geek stuff I know. haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast