Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anvil Firewall cover panel?

Has anyone seen or installed Anvil's firewall cover panel? http://anvilauto.com/products/camaro...ver-panel.html Interested in it and would love to see pics or feedback on this.
      Thanks!

excellent fit, looks great, nothing but good. great folks to deal with, too.

Me too.

Anvil Firewall Cover

Here are some pics of our carbon fiber firewall cover on my '69 (which isn't finished yet). I would love to see some pictures of customer's cars with our panel in place!
      Name:  iphone 6-13 177.jpg
Views: 3870
Size:  244.1 KB
      Name:  iphone 6-13 175.jpg
Views: 5187
Size:  263.9 KB
      Name:  iphone 6-13 176.jpg
Views: 4643
Size:  254.4 KB
      MaTT
      ANVil Auto
      www.anvilauto.com
      _________
      '69 Camaro
      '73 Camaro
      '96 Viper GTS
      '70 Bronco
      '10 Camaro SS
      '65 Riviera GS
      '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Looks like a very nice piece. Forgive my lack of knowledge with carbon fiber, but how would you make necessary holes for ac hoses, wire harness etc? Is it prone to cracking?

Great piece and an easy installation.

1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
      Looks like a very nice piece. Forgive my lack of knowledge with carbon fiber, but how would you make necessary holes for ac hoses, wire harness etc? Is it prone to cracking?
      You can easily cut or drill through the carbon fiber piece to make holes for things like ac hoses, wiper motors, etc. We've designed this part so it will allow a stock or DSE wiper motor to fit in the area where the firewall accepts it. Some people don't want to run wipers on their cars, so we left it blank. You can either attach our firewall cover with screws (which Terry was so nice to illustrate) or it can be bonded on with a glue, VHB tape or bonding agent, but then you wouldn't be able to get it off. If you use screws, you can use butyle tape or a culk that is paint friendly to seal it all around the perimeter. This will keep any noxious fumes from entering the cockpit area. We also offer this piece in all fiberglass for those who just want to paint it. We have not had anybody tell us that they have had problems with cracking and I dobt we will as it is fairly robust and does not see any loads. It is simply a way to dress up your firewall without having to spen all the time welding and sanding. Plus it looks a lot slicker in my opinion than a flat smooth firewall.
      MaTT
      ANVil Auto
      www.anvilauto.com
      _________
      '69 Camaro
      '73 Camaro
      '96 Viper GTS
      '70 Bronco
      '10 Camaro SS
      '65 Riviera GS
      '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Quote Originally Posted by terrydmorgan View Post
      Great piece and an easy installation.

Thanks for the post Terry! Our part looks great on your car! I should point out that we are working on a follow up to our firewall cover that covers the top part of the cowl ahead of the cowl panel. It will go under the cowl panel and waterfall down to meet our firewall cover.
      MaTT
      ANVil Auto
      www.anvilauto.com
      _________
      '69 Camaro
      '73 Camaro
      '96 Viper GTS
      '70 Bronco
      '10 Camaro SS
      '65 Riviera GS
      '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Let me know when it's ready. I have your cowl panel too.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
      Thanks for the post Terry! Our part looks great on your car! I should point out that we are working on a follow up to our firewall cover that covers the top part of the cowl ahead of the cowl panel. It will go under the cowl panel and waterfall down to meet our firewall cover.
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Pretty nice looking part,,,,, for someone with a 69 Camaro. Also well worth the price in relation to metal & bodywork time & labor. When I get time to start back on finishing my under hood cover & extend around my firewall, I'm highly considering carbon fiber overlaying onto fiberglass. West marine epoxy is most common diy clear for cf I've seen so far. Think cf could look good in my application.

I like the firewall cover, actually like all the carbon fiber things. My problem now is I want to paint my Camaro and use the carbon fiber look as my SS stripes. Haven't quite figured that one out yet, other than ordering every piece in carbon but can't afford that..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Country Flag: Philippines
      Anvil products hands down, the best!

I really appreciate everyone's response! Just so everyone knows, our firewall cover fits '67-69 Camaros as well as 68-74 Novas as they all share the same sheet metal in the cowl area.
      MaTT
      ANVil Auto
      www.anvilauto.com
      _________
      '69 Camaro
      '73 Camaro
      '96 Viper GTS
      '70 Bronco
      '10 Camaro SS
      '65 Riviera GS
      '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Looks great

I need this in my life

I am new to this website and I see this post is an older one but I would like to order the inner fender wells, the firewall cover and the radiator gap cover in carbon fiber for my 68 Camaro that is getting overhauled. Man I can't wait.

Name:  20200717_160144 (1).jpg
Views: 622
Size:  304.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Junyor757 View Post
      I am new to this website and I see this post is an older one but I would like to order the inner fender wells, the firewall cover and the radiator gap cover in carbon fiber for my 68 Camaro that is getting overhauled. Man I can't wait.

Name:  20200717_160144 (1).jpg
Views: 622
Size:  304.9 KB
      Glad to hear your enthusiasm! You can either go to our website anvilauto.com or call us at (562) 923-3310 for information on ordering.
      Thanks!

-Matt
      MaTT
      ANVil Auto
      www.anvilauto.com
      _________
      '69 Camaro
      '73 Camaro
      '96 Viper GTS
      '70 Bronco
      '10 Camaro SS
      '65 Riviera GS
      '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Order placed and 1 item already in route. Order #3598

I can't wait.

Matt does Anvil do any sponsorships? I would like to help your company any way I can.

Also thank you for supporting Veterans!

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
      I wish you guys did that panel for a 2nd gen. That would be killer on my 70. It’d match the radiator closeout and hold down set I have now.
      70 Camaro 383/700r4 no place to hide
      1966 Buick Special cheaper than a Chevelle but just as fun!
      2019 ZL1/1LE track day missile

Quote Originally Posted by Bygblok View Post
      I wish you guys did that panel for a 2nd gen. That would be killer on my 70. It’d match the radiator closeout and hold down set I have now.
      You have a Pic of what you already have? I'd like to see what it looks like.

Was all happy when I saw the firewall cover and then went to the website just to find out that there isn't one for a 2nd gen. So disappointed!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com