Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I double checked and the box is checked yes to allow others to view it. when I hit the save button it comes up and tells me a moderator must approve it yet.
      Joe Adams

My Firebird The 14 Car doesn't show up in PT garages but if I go to manage my garages it's there.

Larry,
      I would like to suggest adding more information in the Front Suspension section such as Mfg/Model of shocks (coilover, single/double/triple adjustable, remote reservoir), Mfg/Model sway bar (OD, hollow/solid, and number of adjusting holes) , Mfg/Model control arms. Same info for Rear Suspension. Also, in Engine Section, add a "Head" section with Mfg/Model, aluminum/cast iron, ported or not, Rocker ratio/material. More later.
      Conrad (alphaenvirmgt)
      Original owner '84 Grand National. CAS V1 (big) front-mount intercooler, Comp roller hyd cam, Champion Al intake/heads, T66 turbo, 3.5" custom cat-back exhaust, RideTech TruTurn front & DSE rear swaybars/ctrl arms, Ridetech 3-way coilovers, Baer 6P 14/13. FAST w/TouchScreen & GM Flex Fuel sensor, 120 lb injectors, Ricks SS tank, Aeromotive Eliminator pump.

Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      My Firebird The 14 Car doesn't show up in PT garages but if I go to manage my garages it's there.
      I'm not sure why but there were several PT Garages waiting to be approved. I'm not sure why but I tweaked a setting. Mayabe that will fix it.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

I added a bunch of new options if anyone wants to update. There is still a lot to go and I will try to spend a little time each day working on it and listening to suggestions.

Thanks for the help everyone.
      Larry Callahan

Looks like it is starting to come along well Larry. I can change info and not have it need to be approved now. Looks like more guys are putting their car up. I like that you can link to youtube video's and write in where the car has been event wise etc....
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Someone has been BUSY! Great job on updating Garage! I have a few additional suggestions.

Add to HEAD MANUFACTURERS options of "TA Performance" and "Champion Racing Heads". Both companies make engine parts for turbo Buicks and GS Buicks.
      Add to EXHAUST MANUFACTURER option of "TA Performance"
      Add to TRANSMISSION TYPE option of 200R-4
      Add to ENGINE TYPE option of LC2 (turbo V6 for 1984-87 Grand National and Turbo T Regal and 81 Turbo Trans Am Firebird).

All I can say is GOOD JOB! We are getting there!!!
      Conrad
      Original owner '84 Grand National. CAS V1 (big) front-mount intercooler, Comp roller hyd cam, Champion Al intake/heads, T66 turbo, 3.5" custom cat-back exhaust, RideTech TruTurn front & DSE rear swaybars/ctrl arms, Ridetech 3-way coilovers, Baer 6P 14/13. FAST w/TouchScreen & GM Flex Fuel sensor, 120 lb injectors, Ricks SS tank, Aeromotive Eliminator pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Looks like it is starting to come along well Larry. I can change info and not have it need to be approved now. Looks like more guys are putting their car up. I like that you can link to youtube video's and write in where the car has been event wise etc....
      I still need to see if I can make the video and magazine links actually work.
      Larry Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by alphaenvirmgt View Post
      Someone has been BUSY! Great job on updating Garage! I have a few additional suggestions.

Add to HEAD MANUFACTURERS options of "TA Performance" and "Champion Racing Heads". Both companies make engine parts for turbo Buicks and GS Buicks.
      Add to EXHAUST MANUFACTURER option of "TA Performance"
      Add to TRANSMISSION TYPE option of 200R-4
      Add to ENGINE TYPE option of LC2 (turbo V6 for 1984-87 Grand National and Turbo T Regal and 81 Turbo Trans Am Firebird).

All I can say is GOOD JOB! We are getting there!!!
      Conrad
      These have been added.
      Larry Callahan

In the very beginning of this we would get a new tab when we opened the PT garage. It was convenient in that it allowed switching from the forum to the garage and back without having to wait for pages to reload.

The photos get cropped when uploaded. They are also kind of small if someone wants to look for something in the pics. Is there a way to have it so clicking on the photos would give a full screen image?

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Maybe it would be nice to add a link to the build thread (if you have one in the project forum)? that would solve the larger picture issue John (NOT A TA) talks about.
      additional options for pulldowns:
      Engine type: I6 , I4, Boxer ??
      transmission: Borg Warner T5
      (and not tubro but turbo 400 ;-)
      front suspension manufacturer: CPP
      shocks QA1
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Other options suggest by Martin added and I made some changes to the picture settings.

Larry Callahan

Pics setting changes work great! Is there a way you can make the dropdown for model only include the models for the brand chosen in make? Then you could have the make dropdown include all makes and the model drop down wouldn't get out of control. The way it is now, by the time you include every model members own (even if just from the popular makes) the drop down for model will be huge. If not, could you add Wildcat, Firebird, and Malibu to the model dropdown.

Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      Pics setting changes work great! Is there a way you can make the dropdown for model only include the models for the brand chosen in make? Then you could have the make dropdown include all makes and the model drop down wouldn't get out of control. The way it is now, by the time you include every model members own (even if just from the popular makes) the drop down for model will be huge. If not, could you add Wildcat, Firebird, and Malibu to the model dropdown.
      That option to modify options in drop downs based on a previous drop down is not something the software will do. Maybe someday it will but not today. I will add the other car models now,
      Larry Callahan

Country Flag: Canada
      Just went back to try out the picture loading and it is AWESOME! Loading pictures from my iPad has always been a big pain due to the picture file size. I have not updated my project status in ages because I have to do it from my laptop because the iPad photos are just to big. Anyway, if you could make the regular site this easy it would be a really, really nice feature.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

In the engine dropdown can you add something like OEM or stock. Some companies like Pontiac don't have small or big block.

Could we add "Koni" to the shock selection and could we add "Saginaw 4-speed" and "Muncie 4-speed" to transmission selection?
      Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by alphaenvirmgt View Post
      Could we add "Koni" to the shock selection and could we add "Saginaw 4-speed" and "Muncie 4-speed" to transmission selection?
      Conrad
      All have been added. Thanks for the suggestion.
      Larry Callahan

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Larry, did you think about tire size and backspacing/ ET as suggested earlier?

for engine management, should this be split into carb or EFI types and Ignition categories(I have a Holley carb, or my propane carb and Mallory Unilite for example)
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Quote Originally Posted by Martin71RS View Post
      Larry, did you think about tire size and backspacing/ ET as suggested earlier?

for engine management, should this be split into carb or EFI types and Ignition categories(I have a Holley carb, or my propane carb and Mallory Unilite for example)
      Good idea.

I did some reading and I am a little confused on what to call it. Offset or backspacing?
      Larry Callahan

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com