Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
      Country Flag: United States
      A little progress on the firewall. Also made some tabs for the tranny crossmember so it will unbolt and drop out from the bottom. Turns out the 4L80 I used for mock up had a different (more shallow) pan on it. The current pan hangs about .5" lower which means the engine had to go forward and up. Will be making the engine crossmember next.

www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"

Please sir, may we have some more???

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer838 View Post
      Please sir, may we have some more???

Joe
      No updates worth posting pics of. Mounted the gas tank such that the upward taper imaginary line would match the roll pan(for diffuser purposes). Started wiring up the ridetech ProX, ordered the Intro wheels, & began making new steering arms to work with those badass Billet Wilwood spindles. Ok, maybe I do need to post some pics after all.

Made dual battery trays, mounted the Derale tranny cooler, mounted both compressors & tanks. Wired up the ridetech Pro-X controller so we could cycle the truck at the Brothers Show this past weekend.

This is Fred, he does all of our brake & air lines on our chassis. He's routing the 1/4" lines from the distribution block to the tanks.

Threw the fenders, intake and valve covers and stole the wheels off #projectreddawn for the show.

We received a lot of positive comments. Had a guy comment that the engine will be a pita to work on, so I reached inside, unlatched the doghouse and pulled it out of the way.

Next stop will be engine mounts, headers, mid pipes, and exhaust.

After the Brothers Truck show we dropped the truck off at Doug's Headers. They built us some easily removable 1.75" primary, mid length headers and 2.5" mid pipes for it. We kept the tubing smaller for better velocity.

We just started mocking up the Magnaflow 3.5" I/D mufflers yesterday. They will be tight up against the Derale coolers so we'll build a small heat shield there.

We also began mocking up the Wilwood tandem brake pedal assy. I wanted the pedal as high as possible so we could get the most ratio possible. As it sits we're at about 9:1. The dash will make servicing the master interesting. Will likely make the dash top pin on for easy removal. I'm still not sure what the gas pedal will look like and whether it will be pull or push yet. The throttle body will be rotated 180 degrees from normal so the cable can go right down the valley. The problem is that the valley is behind the pedal. So the cable will have to go back and around the Astrovan cover and up into the valley.

Once again, I got a little rambunctious and cut the inner roof structure out. The first two pics are dark so it's hard to see but the 3rd pic shows all that was removed. It was worth 30 lbs

We've had a few different sets of wheels on the truck to get it around the shop. These are some that we borrowed from Schott for another display chassis. They're 18's & 20's with way too tall of a tire so it doesn't lay frame with them.

Joe

Not really an update so much as a video version of the pics above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXK5LLlNq-w&t=

Is there a version of this "chart" with the shock mounts that are on the normal kit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sales-TCI-Eng View Post
      Ed was working on shock placement while Sal and I were at SEMA. Here is what he came up with. This is basically our original upper shock mount raised another 7/16". She's going to be loooooooooooooooooooowwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      Is there a version of this "chart" with the shock mounts that are on the normal kit ?
      Our standard shock mount would add roughly 5/8" to the dimensions above in the right column. The standard front end can go really low, so much so that we're currently in development of a raised spindle. All of the info on this chart has changed since then. The truck now has 5.1 travel shocks on it and an even taller upper mount. We have a couple different versions of the upper mount right now but will likely have another as we develop a full chassis based on this truck and a stepped rail.

I assume the stepped rail chassis will require the bed floor to be raised?

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      I assume the stepped rail chassis will require the bed floor to be raised?
      Yes, the bed was raised 6" on ctwin. Not sure yet if that's where we'll end up on the production piece though. There is a possibility of an IRS that will allow us to retain the stock frame rail profile and yet still go real low.

Is this project stalled? So much custom, I need more build!!
      Archie

’59 F100- CV/S550, Who knows where it’ll end up????

’73 FJ40 LS/SM465 35’s Puts a smile on face

‘07 Sienna - Takes me to the parts store more often then id like to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies Beater View Post
      Is this project stalled? So much custom, I need more build!!

I have taken Rob MacGregor's advice and began simplifying the build to just get it out there. The truck isn't gaining any marketing exposure collecting dust. We ditched the turbos (luckily the shortblock isn't built yet), 4L80, and sleeve portion of the airbags (keeping the ridetech triples of course). I am also going to back down off the ledge of chopping the roof and a few other body mods.

Next on the agenda is to get our new Pro-Touring chassis underneath the truck. Don't worry, the engine set back will remain since there's no going back on the cab now.

So technically, the truck needs a new name since "Ctwin" doesn't work anymore.

New plan consists of going with a more off the shelf approach: "Keeping it simple"
      New TCI Pro-Touring chassis
      TKX 5 speed
      Build the 416" but with more compression & cam than previously planned
      Put coil springs on the ridetech Triples we already have
      Maybe add some lightweight body components up front

Quote Originally Posted by Sales-TCI-Eng View Post
      I have taken Rob MacGregor's advice and began simplifying the build to just get it out there. The truck isn't gaining any marketing exposure collecting dust. We ditched the turbos (luckily the shortblock isn't built yet), 4L80, and sleeve portion of the airbags (keeping the ridetech triples of course). I am also going to back down off the ledge of chopping the roof and a few other body mods.

Next on the agenda is to get our new Pro-Touring chassis underneath the truck. Don't worry, the engine set back will remain since there's no going back on the cab now.

So technically, the truck needs a new name since "Ctwin" doesn't work anymore.

New plan consists of going with a more off the shelf approach: "Keeping it simple"
      New TCI Pro-Touring chassis
      TKX 5 speed
      Build the 416" but with more compression & cam than previously planned
      Put coil springs on the ridetech Triples we already have
      Maybe add some lightweight body components up front
      I read this whole thread...it's like a bench racing session with my buddies except you actually did it all lol

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyHucked View Post
      I read this whole thread...it's like a bench racing session with my buddies except you actually did it all lol

HAHA, and you've gone and made me log in for the first time in forever.

I tried to finish the truck in my spare time but just felt overwhelmed with the process. George Reiss from Reiss Racing bought the truck from Ed and will complete it with the turbos and hopefully our new Pro-Touring Chassis. Last time I saw the truck it was in primer. A long way to go still but but at least it's in capable hands.

-Jason

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com