Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Austria

converting carbed LQ to procharger efi

hey folks

i would be happy if i get some infos or directions where to go and what to do. thereīs a 416cui LQ4 sitting in my 69 and it has a victor jr. with ez-efi on it. the engine was built carbed and i wanted to leave it like that due to several law restrictions here in europe. the engine was originally built for a F2 procharger and my buddy has a not used D1SC procharger sitting in his garage and i could get c5 procharger brackets in germany. how could i get this engine blown without breaking the bank once again? shooting for 700HP or a little more......if the ez-efi had worked with FI it would have been perfect but it wonīt. i asked msd about their atomic and it will support FI but just up to around 600HP and that would be much money and just a bit better than the ez-efi i have. what about something like the xfi with a throttle body and drilling fuel rails? or going back to a stock GM intake and adapting....whatīs the most economic and effective way to get it done? should be as basic as possible and want to reuse as much parts to keep costs down......and no i donīt want to use the blow through carb i have to sit next to the D1SC which would make the swap as easy and cheap as it could get
      69 camaro, 418cui p1sc1, ridetech,forgeline, and some more money wasted

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com