Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the car put back together yesterday and the first thing I noticed that had changed since these alignment procedures is that the transmission slid into position easier than ever. No fighting with it at all now.

So after getting it back on the ground, took it for a test drive and was amazed by the ease of shifting without resistance.
      Name:  IMG_3491.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  261.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JodysTransmissions View Post
      I have a QuickTime RM-130 plate and will do an A/B dial indicator reading comparison. I'll post a picture of it shortly.
      Just wondering if you were still going to do this?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1965_SS View Post
      Just wondering if you were still going to do this?
      Thanks
      So sorry for the delay getting these pictures posted.

Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      Most 4, 5, and 6 Speed Repairs, Parts, Service & Custom Installations
      610-413-8015
      Jody's Transmissions on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by JodysTransmissions View Post
      So sorry for the delay getting these pictures posted.

Thanks Jody. Do you feel that that part does a good job? OR better to take the front of the trans off and do it that way?

Many times we get jobs from a customer having shifting problems. This plate is a great tool but, I will always remove the T56 front plate.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

Quote Originally Posted by SSSTANG View Post
      Got the car put back together yesterday and the first thing I noticed that had changed since these alignment procedures is that the transmission slid into position easier than ever. No fighting with it at all now.

So after getting it back on the ground, took it for a test drive and was amazed by the ease of shifting without resistance.
      Name:  IMG_3491.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  261.1 KB

^^ you do realize that if you had a hard time getting the transmission installed it's more likely a clutch alignment issue. The alignment of a bellhousing is so small, you wouldn't have trouble installing the trans unless it was grosly mis-aligned. Good to hear your success story but I don't believe your original
      problem was a bellhousing not aligned. Did you check run-out after the failure? Too many people slap them together and go and never see an issue. I saw a small better shift in the TKO after alignment, but nothing other then the 2-3 shift.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Did ytou check run-out after the failure?
      Run-out where?

Has anyone checked the stock GM LS cast bellhousing to see how accurate it is?
      my current build https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uild-Vettehawk

1977 Buick Skyhawk C4 chassis swap #vettehawk
      1950 Chevrolet Fleetline Pro Touring #thefiddie (sold)
      2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 daily
      2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer wifes daily

Racer Supply Store

Many engine blocks are NOT machined square or parallel to the crankshaft hub. So, the most precision made bellhousing can have alignment issues when it is bolted to an out of square engine block.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

For anyone who shimmed their Bellhousing to achieve parallel alignment, how thick were the shim thicknesses you used and where did you place your shims? I’m having a hard time getting accurate adjustments using my shims. For example, my furthest in(negative) reading is at the 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock position at about -.003...my most positive reading is at the 6 o’clock position at about +.0020...when I shim the sides to correct for the negative issue, it pushes the bottom out even more positive. Am I doing something wrong? If not, what should I then do in order to bring my numbers closer together?(that’s the main idea right?) thanks for the help

Hey all .. I hope you can help an interloper from the UK!

I found this thread extremely useful in trying to dial in my bell housing, and followed the steps on the first few pages to remove and reinstall the front casing of the transmission. While the transmission was apart I was very careful not to move anything, wiggle anything, etc, and keep it in neutral - but having put the front casing back on again there's something definitely not right :(

It's almost impossible to select any gears and the input shaft (which is now very hard to turn) seems to be locked in sync with the output shaft as though I'm stuck in a gear. If I do manage to select a gear, the input shaft then locks solid..

The gear lever will move left & right (across the gates) but won't move fore or aft (into a gear) other than, very occasionally, first or third.

Any ideas? I am now really, really regretting taking apart a brand new transmission :(

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com