Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

GMPP LS3 harness- looking for CEL wire

I have a GMPP LS3 harness (that someone else installed) in my car. I am trying to find out where the grey wire for the Check engine light is in the harness. I don't have my instructions handy but in some internet searching, it is located in one of the harnesses by the gas pedal connector. Anyone know where this wire is? Thanks!

Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Unless they added it, there is no wire. New harness, there is a red LED in the fuse box that is the CEL light. AND, there is a bulkhead connector that has provision for adding a wire to the dash for the CEL. I will look for instructions on this.

There are instructions that come with the harness. And are floating around on the net somewhere but cant find them at the moment. If you dont find them I will look tonight.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

This is something I posted on LS1tech.com:
      The MIL looks like it shows up in 2 places. As noted by the chart above, it is in connector J-1, circuit #419, position 12, 22 gauge wire, brown/white. It also shows up in the Bulkhead Connector (not the throttle pedal harness) and it is circuit 419A, position B, 22 gauge brown/white.
      Steve

Steve/Scot, thanks for the updated info. One question, which one is the bulkhead connector? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

On my crate engine harness it is a 16-port connector very close to the fuse panel. Hope that helps.
      Steve

The bulkhead connector looks like this & it is about 8" from the fuse box of the harness.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

OK, thanks, that helps. My fuse/PCM is located behind the pass headlight and i know where that thing is. I guess I can tap the wire from there and run it inside. Thanks for all of the help!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

You can go to the dealer and get terminals to put into that connector. Both haves of the connector is there you just need to put pins in it.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I will find my instructions and give you the part number.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Scot, can you do me a favor and scan me a copy of the instructions to cja130fe AT yahoo.com I would really appreciate it!! BTW, what is that connector for anyway?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Yep, that's it! By the way, and I won't direct this at anybody but myself, because it took me a while to figure out, but what Scot shows in the picture is actually a male and a female plug together; it pops apart for adding the wires.

And, since I was just tinkering with mine YESTERDAY, I'll add the following tid-bits: When you look at the back of the connector where you add the wires, you'll see a bunch of little green silicone nipples (you can kind of make them out in the picture, sticking out through the purple wire separator); these are the dust caps for unused cavities and you'll want to PULL out the ones where you need to add wires (you can easily do this with your fingernails). I PUSHED one in and ended up spending 15 minutes futzing around with it until I found a pair of skinny tweezers and was able to pull it out. Also, I trotted down to my local Chevy dealer to buy the needed Delphi connectors and wire seal and they informed me that they do not have any to sell. Looking online for the part numbers yielded many places that had thousands of them but only sold in minimum lots of 4000, etc. Kind of rough when you only need 6. Anyway, I found ElectricalHub.com that sells the terminal (15326269) and the wire seal (15366021) in packs of 50 for $6.25 and $4.00, respectively, and I just ordered them. SO, depending on how fast you need them, I would be happy to send you what you need from my supply, once it arrives. PM me if you're interested and have some time. They have a $35 minimum charge (or it looks like they just add on a $5 surcharge if you don't meet the minimum) but I was able to find enough cool stuff on their site that I "needed" to clear the minimum). (Sorry, didn't see the recent posts while I was typing this)
      Steve

I think I might have found the answer to my question- Look here on page 6- http://paceperformance.com/files/pdf/19244807E-ROD.pdf I assume that with the correct connector and wires I can use them as the signals (oil, CEL and VSS) I need (I am installing a dakota digital VHX gauges right now).

Steve, I might take you up on the offer on the pins. Let me know when you get them.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Looks like similar instructions. The connector body is there, you just need the terminals, and seals.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Scot, the instructions you linked have been superseded, but the connector info is the same. Newest version used to be found on the Chevrolet Performance web site, but now they appear to make you register before you can get access. I'll forward you my archived copy, Chris.
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      I think I might have found the answer to my question- Look here on page 6- http://paceperformance.com/files/pdf/19244807E-ROD.pdf I assume that with the correct connector and wires I can use them as the signals (oil, CEL and VSS) I need (I am installing a dakota digital VHX gauges right now).

Steve, I might take you up on the offer on the pins. Let me know when you get them.
      UPS says they'll be delivered today. PM me your address and how many you need and I'll throw them in the mail.
      Steve

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com