Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Chevy Cheyenne

Country Flag: United States

Chevy Cheyenne

I'd really like to see GM build this, but they will probably change up stuff to screw it up or not build it at all.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features

Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

So would I!

Though I would like to see at least a manual trans option.

Remember the Silverado SS concept from back in like 2006? Stripped down, regular cab, short box, rubber floors, crank windows, 6.0 and six speed!

But the truck they built was an extended cab, AWD, automatic... Probably the more practical choice, but not what I was hoping for... I hope they don't just go that route again.

All that said, a regular cab does not fit my life, so I am now the demographic they were after then.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

I love that thing, I would also like to see a 6 speed option

Paul Krol
      1968 Camaro

Country Flag: Canada
      If I was GM I wouldn't even consider putting it into production unless it was 4wd
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Oh I would so buy one if it was a ext cab or crew cab!!!

I'd like to see the big three all offer a muscle truck. 10 years ago, Ford set a Guinness World Record for the worlds fastest production truck with the SVT Lightning and shortly thereafter Dodge broke the record with their SRT Viper engined truck. The manufactures interest in performance trucks was actually fun back then.

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

Good looking truck,,,, I'd likely buy one if they produce it....
      Look better like this though:

Last edited by tazzz25906112; 11-14-2013 at 06:34 PM.
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Sweet looking truck!! A lot of potential there!
      I just picked up a SRT Ram and love it but the fuel mileage is a killer.. A LS based motor would get better mileage and the power as well..

Truck looks great id like to see a GMC version of this truck

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...jEK0j1pJtyqaag

I'm sure it would be pricy
      1972 Camaro ( my retirement money hole )
      1985 GMC ( future plan pro tour build for the wife )
      1992 Isuzu pup bagged, bodydrop, shaved everything
      2013 GMC Single cab 4/7 drop

Saw this out at OUSCI last weekend, pretty good looking truck.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

First I do like the truck. But GM actually offer a 6.0 LS engine in anything other than a 2500 series, that's funny. Look at the past and what they have not done. The GM truck lineup that's been impressive was the 454SS and the Syclone/Typhoon. Now while the 454SS truck was slow it had potential, it had all the right ingredients. It was hampered by a stock 230-255hp 454. To this day there is a huge following for those trucks. The Syclone was in the right direction, light weight and more power and all wheel drive.
      I know there are some turbo trucks with LS engines today running all wheel drive and very fast, none of which have been lucky at keeping a transfer case intact for any length of time when they make serious power. So from longevity standpoint I don't see an all wheel drive version from GM. Lets get GM to make a performance truck that's worth a dam, then lets nit pic and see how they can improve it.
      Lets see GM build a 6.0 or larger engine with some decent power in a regular cab shortbed and a manual. But you wont see a manual option in a truck, GM is to cheap period. They only offered a the manual trans behind a 4.8 LS in the 1500 series trucks up until what 2006? and you could not get a manual behind a 5.3 at all.

Here is starting point:
      Regular cab
      2 wheel drive,
      decent power,
      keep the weight down,
      get a manual trans,
      maybe improve some aerodynamics,
      keep it under $30,000.

and this is a big one, don't call it an SS unless its bad ass, enough of these GM cars that slap a badge on it and we are suppost to be impressed (front drive monte carlo for example). I take it back, don't call it an SS at all.

I think we are forgetting another problem. The new Corvette just switched to the LT-1 engine that nothing from the past LS series engines have in common with. How long before the current LS series due to higher, more strict emissions from the EPA and GM penny pinching makes the current LS engines yesterdays technology? Not saying it will, but that is a possibility. The new direct injection engines seem to be the way manufacturers are heading.
      There were 13,802 1974 Z28's made.
      I got two of them!
      1974 Camaro coupe, 1974 Z28 restoration project,1974 Z28 shell (they are more of a project)
      1992 Chevy Silverado (black with red interior V6 5speed) 454SS wannabe. Now a 350 w/5speed, Finally!!
      Will be a 454 with a 6 speed one day.

Doesn't the new line of trucks get a Vortec version of the new LT-1? Direct injection, right?
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      Doesn't the new line of trucks get a Vortec version of the new LT-1? Direct injection, right?
      Nope still the same design but more power 5.3 and 6.2. The 4.3 v/6 is totally redesigned though.

1997 Chevrolet C1500 LSX powered full autocross build

I love my current Avalanche, but my most enjoyable daily driver was a bopped and dropped 89' short bed with a breathed on 350 and a stick.
      If they built this, and didn't screw it up by turning it into a 55k crew cab with an automatic, I'd be really tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatmark View Post
      I love my current Avalanche, but my most enjoyable daily driver was a bopped and dropped 89' short bed with a breathed on 350 and a stick.
      If they built this, and didn't screw it up by turning it into a 55k crew cab with an automatic, I'd be really tempted.
      Any interest in a LS swapped 89 regular cab short box w a stick?
      We could even work out a deal on a T-56 I have laying around if you want to get crazy!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...tep-Side-Truck

I found this truck after this thread got going. Building up an older truck would certainly be lighter. This 89 weighs 3,800 pounds. For comparison my 2004 regular cab short box stripper model with 4.8 and 5 speed weighed ~4,700! I'm guessing the current Silverado's are heavier yet.
      -Shaun-
      L92/T56 Stalker 1711 pounds, LS power!
      73 Buick Century L92/T56 swap in progress

That truck will be $60-80 grand. I'll just build my own. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick68 View Post
      I'd really like to see GM build this, but they will probably change up stuff to screw it up or not build it at all.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features
      I like it. I don't think it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tazzz25906112 View Post
      Good looking truck,,,, I'd likely buy one if they produce it....
      Look better like this though:

Much better

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Saw this out at OUSCI last weekend, pretty good looking truck.
      That truck is beautiful. Any info on it?

I'd love to see GM produce something like it. Do it on a budget and have some decent options would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by subtlez28 View Post
      Any interest in a LS swapped 89 regular cab short box w a stick?
      We could even work out a deal on a T-56 I have laying around if you want to get crazy!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...tep-Side-Truck

I found this truck after this thread got going. Building up an older truck would certainly be lighter. This 89 weighs 3,800 pounds. For comparison my 2004 regular cab short box stripper model with 4.8 and 5 speed weighed ~4,700! I'm guessing the current Silverado's are heavier yet.

My 1992 Shortbed Silverado with 350 and 5 speed weighs in at 4400lbs with a full tank(31 gallon tank). The 454SS trucks weigh in at around 4800. Lets face it trucks are anything but light weight. Just add more horsepower and torque until its as fast as you want.
      There were 13,802 1974 Z28's made.
      I got two of them!
      1974 Camaro coupe, 1974 Z28 restoration project,1974 Z28 shell (they are more of a project)
      1992 Chevy Silverado (black with red interior V6 5speed) 454SS wannabe. Now a 350 w/5speed, Finally!!
      Will be a 454 with a 6 speed one day.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com