Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 68 Camaro

68 Camaro

Hey all. New member her and new owner of a 68 Camaro rs/ss clone.

I've been looking for a couple weeks and was originally set on a 69 but after some more looking I decided I really like the 68 exterior lines better and the interior gauge cluster better as well.

Background on me and the car. I owned a 96SS back in the early 2001 and later bought a 2005 GTO. I sold the GTO when our first child was born in 09. Since the. I have been without a muscle car.

Fast forward to now and my dad recently passed in February at 60 unexpectedly after a short stint in the hospital from brain inflammation. Drs never thought it would be fatal and while he was in the hospital he said he wanted to buy a car this summer to work on. He was never a car guy but knew I was and he thought it would be fun.

So now I have the car (actually it's being delivered Thursday)

1968 Black 383 Stroker super clean metal and interior. Has rs front end on it. Factory V8 (must for me). Currently has a TH350 and the beefier of the two GM 10 bolt rear ends with 4.10 post traction. She's pretty basic under the hood, no air, drums all around but clean.

Plans for now:
      I'm going to take advantage of the hurst summer special and buy a tremec 6 speed, ls to sbc aluminum bell housing and other goodies for the tyranny swap.

Pretty sure I'm going to with a tilton master cylinder for the clutch. Not sure on the slave yet.

Rushforth night train wheels in 18s

Either a speedtech pro touring or art Morrison sub frame. I am leaning towrds the speedtech and upgrading to the ate spindles and ride tech coil overs. I would like the extreme but I'm not switching to an ls motor anytime soon.

Wilwood or corvette z06 front brakes with a new master and power booster.

I have general idea on parts but nothing super specific and open to suggestions! I do have a budget .

I'll post updates as I get parts in.

As it looks now at the dealer

My inspiration:

Country Flag: United States
      Already a great looking car. I love the RS front ends. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck on your build.
      1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

http://fivelugs.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com