Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 69' nova

Country Flag: Hungary
      Quote Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
      Well...seeing as how I've been running this project without any REAL plan, I figured it would be good to get the direction hammered out. I ended up getting in touch with Ben Hermance a while back and decided to work with him on a rendering that I could stick to throughout the build. I desperately needed this to give me some sense of direction, otherwise I would keep changing things and continue wasting time and money.

I didn't give him much direction other than overall influence/theme, and that I wanted to finally get more rubber under a Nova (give me flares without ruining the car). I am more than pleased with the final out come. Eventually I'll need to find a shop that can take this on. I would like to stick to the PNW, but we'll see. Anyways....

Here it is. I welcome all feedback good or bad!

Wow...This is the best Nova rendering I have ever seen... and actually pretty close to my Nova project as well. Awesome...
      Your project is going on a perfect direction. I look forward to new updates!

Country Flag: United States
      Thanks medbali76. I've been following your Nova as well. I love the direction you took with the widening. I'ts definitely got me thinking about going less drastic with the flare.

Offending quarter panel was removed and new one was tacked in.

Firewall was tacked in but it ended up not being what we were looking for....so it was cutout and the work started over.

The decision was to cut out more of the body. This was done for a few reasons (flatter firewall, increased access to engine, room for drysump tank)

Sacrificial piece to build the mock-up firewall off of.

Currently working out the general shape before metal work begins.

It is good that you got a rendering before started. I have nothing and I have 2 directions that I am hesitating between. Gives me headache. I like this modern look you have on the rendering and I like also the original look with vinyl top. I would paint the car dodge's destroyer grey if I go to get the modern look or gloss black with all factory chromed stuff maybe vinyl top too if I go to original look. I dont know yet which way to choose but I have to decide very soon.

What is this color on the rendering? Is it an existing color? It is pretty cool.
      As for the flares I like this as it is. It look pretty nice as painted to the car's color.
      I have choosen the difficult and the most expensive way for the widening and I am still not sure about the final outcome. Might turn out pretty badass or just a weird looking thing that will worth ****. Will see.

It's funny. You and I are split on the same decisions. I also really like the old school black with chrome on these cars and have considered going that direction many times.

The rendering is good to have to keep you focused, or at least make you feel guilty every time you try to change your mind.

The color was suppose to be GTR Gun Metal (KAD) but the GTR color is a bit lighter than the rendering.

I am spendig hours every day thinking and watching pictures of both directions :D
      It is so hard decision...
      By the way even if I go to oldschool ( which I think is really possible )the car will have a few things on it that will give a nice modern look.

Beautiful car! You have done a ton of work, Nicely done. I will keep watch for updates on this one.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I love what you've done with your Nova! Flares would be cool, but a lot of work to make them look right. The rendering looks good and makes it tough. Keep up the great work!

The car has been slow going lately. Other priorities took over, but hopefully it will get moving again soon.

I drove up to Ultra-Carbon today and picked up a few pieces I ordered a while back. The finish on these parts is making it hard for me to want to paint over them...

Name:  IMG_20180428_155056.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  263.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180428_155047.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  348.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180428_155509.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  249.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180428_155408.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  323.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180428_160122.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  217.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180428_160259.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  193.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180428_160320.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  370.0 KB

Country Flag: Belgium
      Wow, awesome looking that carbon!!!

This car is going to look amazing. I wish I could afford those pieces for my nova. Know anyone looking to buy a kidney?

Stunning looking Nova. Bodywork looks to be in great nick!

Cool build. Scope creep and I are old friends, even if I start with a plan, I tend to take soo long with projects that I will start to second guess myself and often get distracted by the next new shiny thing to come along... I swear I've turned into Stacy David, between cars and motorcycles I have more than a half dozen open projects...

That light at the end of the tunnel, it's an oncoming train, Joe

I'm hoping to hear back on the car progress this weekend. It would be nice to get all these parts out of my garage and onto the car.

Another piece of the puzzle showed up. A 22 gal. Pyrotect cell with an in-tank Weldon pump and a Holley hydramat setup. Dealing with Steve at Pyrotect was a great experience.

Name:  IMG_20180510_160121.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  495.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180510_160109.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  139.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_20180510_160043.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  136.9 KB

Well...I got to have my turn at a crappy shop experience!

2 years ago, I dropped my car at a shop that was recommended by a few folks. The punch list wasn't long... cage, firewall, rear bulk head, move motor back, box frame.

As of 2 weeks ago, there was still no firewall (hacked out)..or bulkhead (hacked out)...or cage... and the frame hadn't been boxed. The motor had been moved, but the motor and trans mounts needed to be completely re-done.

Every month, week, day there was some excuse as to why work wasn't getting done. So...I finally made a date to just pick up the car and move on.

In the 2 weeks since I saw the car last, the frame was mostly boxed in, 80% of a cage was bent up and tacked in, and the motor mounts were 90% done. 2 freakin' years of waiting for nothing, and a big chunk of work was done at the last second in less than 2 weeks.

Now I have to comb over the car to audit all the work and see what can be salvaged, and what needs to be redone. Everything is covered in 2 years of grinding dust, parts are scattered everywhere, small bits are missing, and on and on....

I need to decide to pick up some tools and do it my damn self, or go find another shop that may or may-not jerk me around.

Silver lining is, I have my car back, and he basically didn't charge me anything for the amazing experience.

Country Flag: Costa Rica
      this is outrageous! - a shop that works in rigged ways like that should be put out of business! - Great car my friend.. can't wait to see it performing, a real dream come true for a lot of us!.. thank you for sharing!..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com