Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New To Pro-Touring, Excited About The Future For My Car.

Hello everyone! I purchased a 69 Camaro about 10 years ago with my father, we did some body work (straightened it out and changed the color from lime green to the blue you see below), converted it to an RS/SS (it was a 327 RS) and had a family friend build a 396 and trans for it, it has been so long the exact specs are beyond me at this point and I'd hate to mis-quote, 6 years ago when it was on a stand the engine put out ~550hp at the crank. That's pretty much where we stopped, I moved 500 miles away for school and work, my dad no longer had anyone to help him and lost enthusiasm for it, and the car sat except for once or maybe twice a year when I would be back in the Detroit area (I came back for the Woodward Dream Cruise every year). I know, letting a car like this sit is a damn shame, and I feel bad about it but sometimes life gets in the way. My dad even threatened to sell it at one point but I begged him not to, and the title is in my name so I may have held that as discouragement! Anyway, the dark ages for this car are over, at the end of September I'm moving back, and I've decided I'm going to make this car exactly what I want it to be. My tastes have change somewhat since we started, I no longer desire massive horsepower, but now want it to be driveable. Currently it has 4 wheel manual drum brakes, and manual steering so anytime I went cruising I had to make sure I wouldn't hit traffic. And while I love driving it, I hate that it's not easier to drive and not a nightmare in traffic. I took it down to Woodward the friday before the Dream Cruise and made it a half mile in the traffic before I could no longer keep the car stopped. So, I started doing research on upgrades and that lead me to this site! I'm not going to go big budget with this car, just easier, and more fun to drive. The first thing I'm doing is a brake conversion, I've already started sourcing parts to convert to C4 Corvette front power brakes (I'll make a post in the correct section to outline what I've got planned for the brakes), the steering will be after that, and then suspension. I'm looking forward to talking to all of you and getting suggestions! So, without further ado here's my pride and joy:

Welcome aboard and nice looking Camaro!

There's a lot of good info and very knowledgeable people on this forum so you should be able to make intelligent upgrades without breaking the bank.

Post some engine pics - I like big blocks!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Here's the upskirt shot you requested

I've got radical plans for this down the road... I don't think anyone will recognize it in 3-4 years!

welcome

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com