Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New guy, not a new car... :)

Hey all,

I'm Davitt (rhymes with the curse word), originally from Sturgis, SD. Yep, *that* Sturgis. I currently live in Castle Rock, CO, just south of Denver.

After a pretty serious motorcycle accident last May, I decided to give up bikes for a while and "finish" my first car, bought in 1989, and which has been sitting in my Dad's garage since 1992, when he and I stopped working on it, for various reasons. One, I was an idiotic junior in high school, and two, we had some financial difficulties.

Then I left for college, got married, and kept buying expensive Harley Davidsons.

SO. The time has come for me to finish my car, which is a 1956 Chevy 150 series 2-door post. Currently, it has a 327 .060" over, an M22 behind it, and 4.11 rears. Sheetmetal, suspension, and interior are all stock. I've LONG wanted to DO something with the '56, and now I can. My goal is to make the '56 a car that looks classic, but performs like a modern sports/muscle car. Even something like a Cadillac CTS-V, BMW M3/M5 ... fast, handles "pretty well" to great, but won't beat you into submission after 100 miles.I know most of the "Pro Touring" cars are muscle/pony cars, but I also see a few shoeboxes.

My current "wish list" is an LSX motor & 6-speed manual, discs all around, and then researching/learning about the 'right' (as I define "right") way to approach the suspension of the car.

Interior will be kept clean and updated; I've been married for nearly 15 years and my wife would like to enjoy the car as well.

Anyway. I'm going to lurk and read, read, read ... lots of things have changed since I used to peruse PHR & Super Chevy in high school. But my love for my '56 never died ... so any ideas/suggestions are TOTALLY welcome!

Country Flag: United States
      Sounds like a great ride vision and a long had dream ride coming to creation, I believe you can have all you want just takes imagination and a bank account!!! Enjoy

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com