Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

'67 Malibu Wagon

I've had this one for quite awhile. I have some other ideas brewing and if this one sells, I'll take action. I'm in no rush, and am really enjoying the car this summer.

Many pics in my sig.

$30K

Car Craft feature here:
      http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehi...inator_winner/

Name:  ScottsWagon.jpg
Views: 4825
Size:  94.5 KB

1967 Chevelle Malibu wagon. California car. Rust free. Fairly straight and clean- not absolutely perfect. Paint is 7 years old- factory Harvest Gold over factory Cream. Gold interior. Glide Engineering front seat (reclining bench with armrest- super comfy), Original rear seat (recovered), most original panels, carpet and headliner. 5-point G-Force harnesses installed in front seats only. It now has a harness bar installed behind the front seats to properly anchor the seat belts- this is a bolt-in unit that can be easily removed if so desired.

Engine is fresh (less than 10,000 miles), 383 4-bolt main block, Lunati forged crank, Compstar H-beam rods, Diamond forged pistons, AFR 210 CNC-finished heads, Edelbrock Air Gap intake, Holley Ultra 750cfm DP carb, Ailson Pro Flow 150hp nitrous plate setup, Holley fuel pump, Weiand aluminum water pump, Jones Racing belt drive, Be Cool aluminum radiator, Doug's Tri-Y headers, Canton road race oil pan, Comp solid roller cam, Comp lifter, Smith Bros. pushrods, Crane shaft rockers, DUI HEI distributor/ignition and wires...no corners cut, 10:1 compression- made 545hp/500 ft-lbs on the engine dyno (pump gas)- made 579 rear wheel hp with the nitrous flowing. Runs 12.30-second quarter miles with ease (on street tires with mufflers, on pump gas without nitrous), Built by TPIS in Chaska, MN.

The orginal engine build was by Westech and was covered in Popular Hot Rodding:
      http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...d/viewall.html

That engine lost oil pressure due to an oil pan issue at Road America during the optima Faceoff in 2010. The rods exited the block, requiring a complete rebuild (and an oil pan upgrade!). The new engine is basically the same as the last one, with the same crank and top end being salvaged and reused. The new pistons were coated in the same manner, and the cylinder heads were completey rebuilt and re-coated by TPIS in the same way as they were in the original build. The engine made the same power on the dyno as it did after the original build.

Trans is a Rockland Standard T56- the "Son of Tranzilla" box with Viper guts and a rating to 750hp. It has a Hurst shifter and a Centerforce Dual Friction (DF) clutch (less than 500 miles on the new clutch). Driveshaft is a custom unit by Denny's. Rear axle is a Currie 9-inch with 3.89:1 gears and an Eaton Tru-Trac unit.

Front suspension is stock lower arms with ATS (SpeedTech) A/FX spindles and SPC adjustable upper arms. Shocks are QA1 double-adjustable coil overs with 550 lb springs. Rear suspension has custom Performance OnLine (POL) coils with QA1 double-adjustables, Currie Currectrac upper and lower control arms, and a Fays2 Watts link setup.

Swaybars are a matched set of Hellwig hollow units, front and rear, with the rear being their new chassis-mount style.

Brakes are 14-inch Baer 6-piston units in front and Currie/Explorer 11-inch discs in the rear, controlled by a Baer adjustable proportioning valve and a matched CPP master.

The car has been seen at a wide range of events, from road rallying (Sand Hills Open Road Challenge 2009 and will also be attending this year), to autocrossing, to road racing, to drag racing. It's been featured in Car Craft and was at the optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational in 2009, where it was covered in both Super Chevy and Chevy High Performance.

It received the Long Distance award at Run to The Hills in 2010, as it was driven to TN from MN and back again- over 2,000 miles. It got just over 20 MPG on the drive.

The wheels are Edelbrock '429' models. They measure 17x8 all around- and Edelbrock only made them for a couple years. They are quite rare. Tires are Nitto 555s in 235/45-17 and 255/50-17. They are also quite new.

This car also won the Car Craft Real Street Eliminator competition in 2011. It's been everywhere and done everything. It's proven its mettle and is completely dialed-in. It starts easily, doesn't get hot, and is a blast to drive. It's been lowered, but has good ground clearance. The wipers work.
      It has some dings, dents and scratches from use, and it's not a show car. It can be driven and enjoyed anywhere, or on any track. It's comfortable in all four seating positions.

Interested? Message me here or at [email protected]. I will answer any question you have honestly. Many folks here have seen this car at events, and it's most certainly for real. It's been clocked at 130MPH in the half-mile run and hits 114 in the quarter-mile...without the nitrous flowing. It could be a lot faster than I've pushed it.

No trades. Cash Only. I don't need more cars- I need to finish the other cars I have.
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

See it at the Sandhills Open Road Challenge this weekend! Test drives and rides will be available there...
      Scott Parkhurst

stop and see me in Lincoln on your way home....shoot me a PM for my cell number....

Had a great time at Sandhills! Car won the 94mph class in the rally and hit 130 mph consistently in the half mile. Super reliable!
      Scott Parkhurst

so what is next? you want my wagon?

I have some other projects that need attention...
      Scott Parkhurst

Price drop - 25K firm
      Scott Parkhurst

I saw your car this week at the Henderson cruise in. Very nice! It sounded wicked too.

I thought you might be a member here and figured there couldn't be too many 67 Chevelle wagons out there.

I drove my 64 Impala over and was parked on the east side of town. It's a work in progress. I'm working towards a similar setup. So far the front has Viking coilovers and Global West upper and lowers. I have yet to do anything with the rear suspension. Front brakes are in the works this summer and then on to the rear end and hopefully a T56 Magnum. It's a fun cruiser and the suspension upgrades I've done so far have made a world of difference in how the car handles.

Cars like yours are a great inspiration!

Dennis

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com