Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1988/98 Chevy 1500 Handling parts?

Trying to build a decent handling 1/2 ton short bed. Anyone know what needs to be done to suspension? Tall ball joints? drop spindles and if so, who makes the best ones? Plan on flip kit for rear, got some leaf spring tricks we can do to make it work better? This truck will be track only but needs to look pretty much stock aside from lowering, tire/wheels and brakes.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Country Flag: United States
      This is very easy, no trick parts other then 2" spindles and the flip kit. I dropped my '95 4 & 6 with spindles and springs in front and a 6" flip in the back. Added a Hellwig rear bar and put poly bushings in everything. I can tell you the truck is a slot car. No body roll, and it goes where pointed. It was a night and day difference over the stock setup.
      Do this first and run it for a while before you decide to throw more parts at it.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Hotchkis has a front and rear bar kit I used on my 97,made some difference.

Wish there was an easy way to get more positive caster on the front.
      1978 Black Trans Am 455 Edelbrock heads [email protected] through mufflers on pump gas
      1981 Trans Am 400 stock type motor
      79 Camaro getting a 500" 695 hp IA2 Pontiac motor
      1965 GTO project car
      470ci/Chevy dual quad 409 604 HP 64 Impala SS project
      2004 Pulse Red GTO

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com