Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

SCCA is considering adding Pro Touring classes.

I’ve come to learn that the SCCA national office is looking into adding classes for pro-touring cars. One of my good friends is currently employed by the SCCA as a consultant and his job is to come up with suggestions on how to strengthen SCCA’s Solo (autocross) program both at a national level but more importantly how to help the regions strengthen their programs. The region I’m involved with has a local class just for PT cars based on Goodguy’s Rod & Custom rules and it’s working reasonably well though not entirely as expected. It was also added as a supplemental class at the SCCA National Match Tour event at Grissom. Right now it’s become a good class for guys with late model American muscle cars on street tires who are really mis-classed under current SCCA Solo rules. What it hasn’t done so far is attract any actual pro-touring cars. We’ve had a few PT cars show up for our first test and tune this year and had one show up at our drag/cross event.
      So, what would attract you to our events? What can I suggest to my friend that he can take to SCCA? What would you like to see? What turns you off?

Dave Dusterberg
      http://www.facebook.com/camchallengeeast
      1979 Aspen R/T (under construction soon to be #19 CAM/T)
      2002 Ram 1500 SLT
      2005 Magnum R/T
      2005 Mustang GT #19 CAM/C