Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

first time caller, long time listener.

Hi, My name is Alex. My overall goals are to build my Lemans into a good handling street machine, rather than something that's for purely race use. I think I'm in a good place because it's an A-body GM, but I think that it could be a bit rough since it's a sedan vs coupes like most people have. Definitely love to have an old car like this, but am not afraid to throw technology on it to get what I want out of it mechanically.

Welcome to the site Alex...... a GM A-Body sedan sounds cool to me. I think many guys spend more than they need or will use. I pride myself in asking as many questions as possible before making a decision on what is best for the customer’s hard earned money. You've stated that it will be a modest handling car for street use.

First question is do you need and/or plan to improve the braking & steering systems to compliment any suspension upgrades?

Second question is do you have a specific budget in mind?

Lastly, do you plan to do the work yourself?

Brakng is top priority right now, I got some GTA wheels and am piecing togther an ls1 brake swap to ditch my drums. Steering is way up in the air if I do PS I will end up with an astro hydrobooster.

Budget is whatever my wife will not shoot me for spending which means seriously small budget unfortunately.

I do my own wrenchng and as much fab as I can get away with. I have an astro with a 4L80E. And a 9" in it and I did everything except weld the spring perches on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Roboto View Post
      I have an astro with a 4L80E. And a 9" in it and I did everything except weld the spring perches on.
      Welcome Alex! What's in front of the 4L80? I am into Astro's a little bit...
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Lightly modded 305 tpi. More interesng is probably the us gear under drive behind it. Need to sort a few things to get her running again. May go more drag on it now.

Sounds good so far...... keep us posted and try to post a few pics as well.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com