Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

header clearance?

All,

I just introduced myself in the "new guy" forum. My question is about header clearance:
      the Fairlane I just bought sits ~ 1-2 inches *higher* than stock. blech. but I'm concerned
      about header clearance. at the lowest point, I have 4" of clearance on the headers now.

how low can you go and be reasonable?

thanks in advance.

You're screwed. 4" is'nt much now. Maybe 2" clearance at the absolute minimum with pretty stiff springs.
      1965 Buick Skylark

I have a 69 camaro and my headers can't be any HIGHER than 2" from the ground and so far I have never bottomed them out. The roads here in Michigan are not nice. Keep in mind the weight of the driver too. If you are heavy the car will sit lower.
      I need to rephrase this. If you pull into a steep driveway you would obviously bottom out. But that would happen with most of the cars on this site.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com