Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Good Guys Columbus Auto X ride along anyone?...

Anyone here participating in the GG Columbus Autocross that is willing to let me have a ride along for a run? I know this is a short course, but I'm just trying to get and idea of the lines taken and the throttling\braking technique used for this type of driving. I'm looking to have my car ready for next years event, so insight would be greatly appreciated.

Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      Anyone here participating in the GG Columbus Autocross that is willing to let me have a ride along for a run? I know this is a short course, but I'm just trying to get and idea of the lines taken and the throttling\braking technique used for this type of driving. I'm looking to have my car ready for next years event, so insight would be greatly appreciated.
      Just hang out at the autocross, most everyone is happy to give rides. If my car was there, I'd say yes. Are you going to Des Moines show?

Good advice... Right now the only events I think I will make are GG Columbus, Motor State and GG Indy.

Chris--

I'll be happy to give you a ride on Friday but get over to the auto-x early because we don't get very many runs at Cbus and I usually have many folks asking for a ride along. My advice to you would be to take a driving school at one of the ASCS events, I guarantee you will learn a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      I'll be happy to give you a ride on Friday but get over to the auto-x early because we don't get very many runs at Cbus and I usually have many folks asking for a ride along. My advice to you would be to take a driving school at one of the ASCS events, I guarantee you will learn a ton.
      Wow Tim that would have been great, but I don't think I'll be able to get there Fri in time. I have some people riding down with me and I proabably won't hit Cbus until right when they close on Friday. I would have loved a ride in a purpose built car like yours. Thats how it usually goes for me We planned to hit the show Sat early and go hard all day.

I have looked into taking a class next year. I found out about this local class when it was too late. My car will will be done next year by the spring, so I'd really love to take the class in my own vehicle. In case some else reads this thread:

http://sccastartingline.com/

Chris--

Good advice... Right now the only events I think I will make are GG Columbus, Motor State and GG Indy.

Tim is right the Get Started Racing series are great. I'll be at Motorstate and maybe Indy. Feel free to hit me up for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by cmraman View Post
      Tim is right the Get Started Racing series are great. I'll be at Motorstate and maybe Indy. Feel free to hit me up for a ride.
      I looked it up, but could only find when people comment regarding past events. I can't even seem to locate a schedule for 2013

Chris--

I looked it up, but could only find when people comment regarding past events. I can't even seem to locate a schedule for 2013
      There's basically one at most of the American Street Car Series events.

Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      There's basically one at most of the American Street Car Series events.
      Thanks, I'll be ready for next year then. Although I won't be at GG until Sat morning, I'll still make sure to find you and introduce myself.

Chris--

Thanks, I'll be ready for next year then. Although I won't be at GG until Sat morning, I'll still make sure to find you and introduce myself.
      Please do that.

Chris,

We will be at Columbus too, Jeff will be driving most of the time, so feel free to stop and ask him- he'll let you ride along!
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I'll be in Columbus as well. I'm actually flying in from AZ to meet my dad there who has never been to a Goodguys show before. I'd love to get a ride or possibly get him to hop in as well if he wanted. I think he'd love it. I'm just hoping for some great weather. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Chris,

We will be at Columbus too, Jeff will be driving most of the time, so feel free to stop and ask him- he'll let you ride along!
      Thanks, I'm assuming this is Dale? I'll be there bright and early on Sat. I'll may my way through the pits, its always good to put faces with names.

Chris--

I will be at Columbus with my Mustang and Kenny will be with me running his Camaro. We will both as always be giving rides.At G.G. Springfield I had a line for rides but was glad to do it! I don't know how much of a roll model I would be but I will get your blood flowing!
      Kenny Sr.

Beat it like a rental car!

Quote Originally Posted by lotarust View Post
      I will be at Columbus with my Mustang and Kenny will be with me running his Camaro. We will both as always be giving rides.At G.G. Springfield I had a line for rides but was glad to do it! I don't know how much of a roll model I would be but I will get your blood flowing!
      Thanks, I'll be willing to accept any offers

Chris--

hey great idea chris....i was hoping to get a ride as well..... i will be there early friday......what time does the auto cross start? im thinking i will be there around 9am
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      hey great idea chris....i was hoping to get a ride as well..... i will be there early friday......what time does the auto cross start? im thinking i will be there around 9am
      I'm not sure, the schedule may be posted on Good-Guys website. I won't be at the Fairgrounds until Saturday morning unfortunately. I'm coming in Friday night.

Chris--

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      They have been starting auto x around 9am.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      They have been starting auto x around 9am.
      dan i get a ride with you???
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Thanks, I'm assuming this is Dale? I'll be there bright and early on Sat. I'll may my way through the pits, its always good to put faces with names.
      Yes sir. We will be set up near the autox track. I may be driving as well. See you there!
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com