Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New guy building a 66 Chevelle SS.

New guy to the Forum (new to any forums), not to hot rodding. Grew up riding in a rumble seat of my Uncle's 32 Chevy Deuce coupe, his 56 Corvette, countless Shoeboxes and my Aunt's Chevelle. That's what fueled my passion for cars. I would later on go to buy a 66 Chevelle SS from him. My son and I are in the process of building it to be a Pro-Touring, cross country, everyday driving car. It will soon be his. My daily driver is a 96 Camaro Z28 SS LT4 equipped with 192,000 miles. I did some SCCA racing years ago and enjoyed the community.
      Through the years we have stripped the car to bare metal, cleaned, catalogued and zip locked every piece. About 18 months ago the Chevelle was sent to local body shop and was there for a year. No panels had to be replaced. For years I had wanted to paint it Porsche Blue Turquoise, until I saw the entire car covered in it. I couldn't love the color on the car...I tried. I had them strip the car and paint it another Porsche color, this time Porsche Grey Black...I kinda like Porsches! After getting the car back from the body shop I decided to do a frame-off restoration. I couldn't do the car justice by not doing so, seeing the pride and workmanship the guys took in making sure I was happy. The subtle touches like shaving the tail light extensions, finessing the body lines and color sanding it.
      My father, son and I separated the frame. The frame and rear end are currently down to bare metal. I ordered rust inhibiter, primer, underbody coating and Eastwoods 2K aero chassis paint. I had planned to paint it today, but with temperatures reaching 97 today I am sitting here typing this up.
      Since "Gisele" my Chevelle will be a daily driver I have put alot of thought into what she will sport. She has Baers 6S brakes with pressed B-Body lowering spindles, Hotchkis TVS Extreme suspension, Hotchkis upper and lower control arms, Bilstein shocks, Energy Suspension mounts and bushings throughout, Painless wiring harness, Magnaflow exhaust, Hooker headers, Moser axles, C-clip eliminators and diff cover. She's powered by her factory 396/360HP with and Edelblock air gap intake, factory Holley carb, MSD wires and the "Rock crusher" M22 trans.
      Things still to come are the mating of the Goodmark cowl induction (Camaro style) hood and a DZ302 style air cleaner, Digitails LED lights, Clayton Machine Works pedals, OPGI trim, Ring Brothers handles, retro-fitted headlights, new carpet, suede headliner, red leather seats and Forgeline wheels.

Thank you for this great Forum!

Ben

Welcome to the site Ben...... try to post a few pics of the car when you get a chance.

Well, thank you Rich. I will attempt to post a few pics in the "Projects Update" section.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com