Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Vortech Supercharging system

Have any of you guys ever used one of these complete systems on a 1st gen Camaro? I'm really close to ordering one but I dont want alot of fab to pop up when I go to install it. Im pretty handy around the shop, but any insight with this system would be appreciated. Thanks.
      PS, Its a mild smallblock and has a HEI and a Holley Carb. Everything is new.

Vortech Set Up

I too am very interested in using a blow through set-up. I called a few speed shops and Nelson Engines said they would build me a blow through set-up using the Vortech supercharger without the box. They said they would use a carb hat similar to prochargers, but more efficient. He said he could get 600-750 horses out of it.

I havent seen anyone on here that has used the vortec system... Everyone on here uses procharger!
      Project JUST-N-SANE

84' Camaro Z-28, 355CID,9.0-1 compression, ATI procharger 9psi (over 650HP),T56 6 speed, 3.73 Motive gears! 11.70 at 122mph in the 1/4 while babying the throttle to keep the tires hooked ,with pump gas! (NOW INTERCOOLED)

Country Flag: United States
      The Vortech kit may require fabbing depending on the accessories your running. They are not a complete bolt on kit. They have most of the pieces needed. Just say Hot Rod parts "one size fits nothing". I know of a big block 1st gen that had to switch power steering pumps to get it all to fit. jim

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com