Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Feel free to pick it up, I'm sure Felix would like to sell it to you. Some of us have thought about this car seriously and talked to Felix for the exact reasons you state. I wouldn't try to force a newb to buy a car, by calling them an idiot without knowing more things about the vehicle for sale yourself.

Powertrain is something else for sure, lots of good parts etc.

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

I'd be all about it or something just like it if my Supercharged C6 would sell over on the Corvetteforum. Only have capitol for one toy at a time... Bump for a nice ride!

Quote Originally Posted by cactuss4 View Post
      ....... I wouldn't try to force a newb to buy a car, by calling them an idiot without knowing more things about the vehicle for sale yourself.
      Not sure what you are talking about, I'm not trying to "force" anyone into anything. I'm just pointing out a fact.

Every time a 5-10k roller, rusted piece of crap early camaro is for sale, people slobber all over it. This car on the other hand, appears to be finished and proven with timeslips and dyno. That is of course assuming all is as stated, I don't know him at all.

For example, just the intake and heads are almost 5k
      The whole engine with harness, pcm, and tune is a $15k bullet that apparently works well. 416 LS3's don't fall out of trees.
      The rear and trans are another 7k.
      An easy 2k of suspension parts
      Some ancillaries like the tank, headers, radiator/fan package would eat $3k
      Forgelines and tires $4k

That is about up to the asking price, and I haven't included a penny for a painted full interior 69 yet.

See my point?
      A finished car may seem expensive, but it is cheap in the long run.

Granted, it makes no sense to buy something you don't like with the intention of changing it, but this looks like a great build, and a bargain.

Good luck with the sale.

No very good points, you are right the $$ for the power train is there and if someone was willing to put the time and effort in fixing the other things, it's a stellar car. Unfortunately not all the pictures are all that current.

Obviously inspections are key!

But ya would love the powertrain!

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

Have to agree with both of you, it's definitely cheaper buying an almost finished project then getting it to this point, and realistically people need to know what to expect fom a car like this and have an idea of how 40 year old cars look and ride with coil overs, leaf springs, stroker motors, etc. I definitely would not recommend a car like this to a newb, power takes responsibility. But knowing what you're getting, having idea on the parts that are in it and being somewhat mechanically inclined can have a killer car for way under what you can get the parts for. Just a general idea, painted roller just the way it sits I paid 16.5k, 4.5k bottom end, 7k to complete the motor, 1k converter, 4k trans, 2.5k rear, 4k front suspension, 1k rear, 1k radiator, 1.5k gas tank, etc etc.

Car is sold by the way thanks all for your help along the way, next up is my 49 buick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com