Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice Project! I am currently looking for a falcon up here in the North East but everything is junk. I am curious how well you have been able to stick to that 30K budget?

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Haha, I went to Tech so either way it is the wrong color. Truthfully the picture is somewhat misleading, I have the physical sample they sent and it is definitely an earthy maroon color.
      I may have to do black. I would not mind a saddle tan leather interior. I recently saw a new Stingray in "Lime Rock Green" with a saddle tan leather interior and it was a beautiful combination.

Your wife didn't like "wreck 'em red"? No way I could do Maroon. I had a utexas.edu e-mail address for 13 years.

I did my undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering at UT Austin from '93-'97. Lived nearby after graduating, and went back in '03,'04 for my Masters in Mechanical Engineering. Worked as an Engineer in one of the research centers from '04-'06. If I had not taken a job up here in '06, I would have likely stayed on and gone into the PhD program. Here is the research center I worked at: http://www.utexas.edu/research/cem/facilities.html
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

We will be moving back to Texas in July. My wife got a position at UTSW medical center, so although we are Tech grads we have some UT connections.

As for project budget. Right now all in I am sitting at $15k spent to date. My hope is I can wrap up the balance of the project and stay within the $30k total. The one challenge will be paint and body. If I do it myself I can clear the budget. Pay someone else, well we know that will kill the budget. I plan at this point to do all the work, even though I have no clue how to do body and paint. Figure maybe some of the more experienced DFW guys could give me some assistance for a few beers and BBQ.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

We will be moving back to Texas in July. My wife got a position at UTSW medical center, so although we are Tech grads we have some UT connections.

Thats great news... Bring water with you. We are REALLY dry this year.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

As for project budget. Right now all in I am sitting at $15k spent to date. My hope is I can wrap up the balance of the project and stay within the $30k total. The one challenge will be paint and body. If I do it myself I can clear the budget. Pay someone else, well we know that will kill the budget. I plan at this point to do all the work, even though I have no clue how to do body and paint. Figure maybe some of the more experienced DFW guys could give me some assistance for a few beers and BBQ.

Body and paint first... then beer and BBQ ;)

Sounds like an exciting move to DFW area. We have family in Springtown and Fort Worth. Love the area and great folks out there. Been seriously considering the move out there as well. The business costs would be MUCH less compared to the warm-fuzzy treatment of California for small businesses.

If you do your own primary blocking on the car and then hand it off for a paint shop to fine tune and then paint, you should be able to get it done for ~$6,000 - ~$8,000 depending on the quality of paint you go with and how crazy the paint job is.

Either way, get it going!

Do you know what area you plan to live in? UTSW, I would guess Grand Prairie, HEB, Arlington, Carrolton, Richardson... Do you know the area?
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

I have a Ididit column in my falcon. I will have to get a couple pictures of the wheel. It was from Summit.
      Those seats look great!

Quote Originally Posted by mmosley View Post
      Do you know what area you plan to live in? UTSW, I would guess Grand Prairie, HEB, Arlington, Carrolton, Richardson... Do you know the area?
      Yep, familiar with Dallas area lived there most of my life. Wisconsin was just a two year stop for my wife's fellowship. Most likely we will end up in Colleyville or Grapevine. Westill own our house in Dallas, it is a rental house right now, would move back there but DISD schools are not so hot, and private schools are $$. Probably be looking to sell it sometime in the next year if someone is looking for a house in Dallas proper, close to love field.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      I have a Ididit column in my falcon. I will have to get a couple pictures of the wheel. It was from Summit.
      Those seats look great!
      Which IDIDIT column did you use? Figure I have to go universal.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Attachment 93749Attachment 93748

It was the Ididit I bought from Rod&Custom when I bought the IFS. I'm not sure which model? The wheel is just a Grant, nothing special, but it works.
      Ignore the Tie wraps on the Tach, we were running out of time getting the car on the road last fall before Dad returned to FL before the Temps dropped.

Will be replacing the gauges soon. :-)

Man move to McKinney! Great schools here....
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Wish we could, all our Family is up in Allen and McKinney, but we need to be close to downtown for work and still need good schools. It looks like Colleyville fits those criteria without the "Keeping up with the Jones" of Southlake.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

I have a 65 and wanting to do the same exact thing with the frame rails. How much did you narrow the rear end by. I think I measured the factory rearend at 52" housing to housing ends.

Thanks.

Awesome build! I love 63-65 falcons :D Im building a 64. Tomorrow ill have to read every post on here but scanning through it looks amazing. I myself want to use the TCP bolt in coil over kit that uses the stock towers. But have been thinking about a mustang 2 style as well... Hmmmm
      1974 F250- 428 c6
      1959 F100 Project -For Sale
      1964 Falcon Sprint 347 4 speed Pro Touring build!
      Follow us on instagram @blueghostindustries
      http://www.enjoygram.com/blueghostindustries

Thanks. Mine has been on hold with the move back to Texas but I fianlly recieved my new Procar seats and plan to get back onto the project here shortly. I wanted to at least get out to Good Guys last weekend to walk around but a travel issue with work had me stuck in Denver.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Just read the whole post and I love the build! Im in the process of purchasing a 63 Sprint Hardtop as we speak and want to do a pro touring build on it so I can enjoy track days as well as spirited daily driving. you have given me a ton of ideas with your build so thanks! I cant wait to see the end result. Great choice of wheels BTW. fits the ride perfectly.

Thanks for the kind words. At the rate I am currently moving you might finish your project before I finish mine.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

cool project will follow the build! might enjoy my post under70 mach1 in suspension forum

Nice build!
      I'm in to see it finished!

Wish we could, all our Family is up in Allen and McKinney, but we need to be close to downtown for work and still need good schools. It looks like Colleyville fits those criteria without the "Keeping up with the Jones" of Southlake.
      We like Southlake but saw a lot of parallels to the Orange County attitude back home this time around visiting. No thank you.

This year's visit we're liking Eagle Mountain Lake a lot more but that drive to the big cities would be a bit long.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com