Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey, I copied your rear frame rails! Chock that up as inspiration.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Hey, I copied your rear frame rails! Chock that up as inspiration.
      Yeah, but you only have a mustang.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

stripped

Benn at it for a month and today I got it fully stripped and rollin around on some wood and trailer jacks. Hows yours coming along?
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Yeah, but you only have a mustang.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

So a couple of weeks ago I broke out the good old Eastwood bead roller. My wife and son got it for me almost 2 years ago and this is the first time I had a chance to use it. It is a little tricky but I am happy with my results for a newbie. It does give me ever greater appreciation for the guys who are artists with this craft.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here are a few progress shots of the results.

Built a frame for the trans tunnel out of 1/2 square tube.

Built a mounting plate for the TR3650 remote mount shifter. I am using an MGW unit, carzy awesome quality, too bad I have to cover it up.

Started making panels

I will get some more pics up shortly of the more finsihed product.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

There are pictures of how it sits now. I still need to complete the area up by the firewall which will take some creativity with the compound bends.

Also added an access gromet to reach the hardest of the shifter installation bolts, trying to plan for future needed access.

Like I said, not perfect bead rolling, but it will be painted over with bed liner so I think it will be fine. No too bad for someone who has no idea what the heck they are doing.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Looks great
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Thanks.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Looks pretty good to me.

73 Maverick Grabber Project

My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

Country Flag: Canada
      That looks great for the first time. What gauge steel are you using?
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Thanks, 20 gauge.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Very nice! You have some skills with the Bead roller!

Looking really good! What do you plan on doing for the rear seat area?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
      Looking really good! What do you plan on doing for the rear seat area?
      Plan on buckets but not sure how to accomplish that. Might just have to take it to an upholstery shop and see what they could custom build. I have to keep the rear seats so there is room for my two boys.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

Plan on buckets but not sure how to accomplish that. Might just have to take it to an upholstery shop and see what they could custom build. I have to keep the rear seats so there is room for my two boys.
      Ooooh, I'll be watching for that. I want to do rear buckets as well. I set my procars back there and they are too long in the seat area without some type of recessing the seat into the back package tray there would be minimal leg room left.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      Ooooh, I'll be watching for that. I want to do rear buckets as well. I set my procars back there and they are too long in the seat area without some type of recessing the seat into the back package tray there would be minimal leg room left.
      I have the exact issue. Which Procars do you have? I plan to go with the Smoothback Rally's in the Maroon color for the interior. I also thought about using them in the rear but they are just too deep for a car the size of a Falcon. My thought is a good upholstery shops should be able to come up with something that will compliment the front seats.

My interior materials will be pretty basic. Maroon vinyl seats and arm rests, black bed liner floors and anything else will be bead blasted aluminum including the dash and a strip down the center of the console and the door panels. Also thinking of building a custom "eyebrow" for over the gauges and forego the stock Falcon dash pad. I want it to be comfortable for long drives but have a race car look, easy to maintain materials.

1965 Falcon Hardtop

I have the exact issue. Which Procars do you have? I plan to go with the Smoothback Rally's in the Maroon color for the interior. I also thought about using them in the rear but they are just too deep for a car the size of a Falcon. My thought is a good upholstery shops should be able to come up with something that will compliment the front seats.

My interior materials will be pretty basic. Maroon vinyl seats and arm rests, black bed liner floors and anything else will be bead blasted aluminum including the dash and a strip down the center of the console and the door panels. Also thinking of building a custom "eyebrow" for over the gauges and forego the stock Falcon dash pad. I want it to be comfortable for long drives but have a race car look, easy to maintain materials.

I have the Rally seats. They are nice but I am a big guy and they are little small for me. That's what got me thinking they would be great for the back seat. The front seats in a Challenger SRT8 are the nicest seats I have seen for bigger people.

http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Rally
      See my build

Jason

Looking back at some pics I like how you did your radiator. I used a foxbody unit which must be not as tall as I only had to notch a small how in the frame rails to make room for a plug they had in the tank.

See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      I have the Rally seats. They are nice but I am a big guy and they are little small for me. That's what got me thinking they would be great for the back seat. The front seats in a Challenger SRT8 are the nicest seats I have seen for bigger people.

http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Rally
      I am 6'3" 220lbs in the summer and hope to hit 240lbs this winter. I think the Procars will work but before I buy I want to find a dealer or someone local who has them installed to sit in them. Our Lexus IS has seats that are dimensionally just a bit smaller than the procars and I seem to fit fine in them.

Since I am running the 4.6 3v I figured it was safe to go with a radiator intended for that exact engine. The Fluidyne should have all the cooling capacity I will ever need, even if it did take a little extra "fitting" to make it work.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

I'm 6' but my top 1/2 is a little longer than my bottom 1/2. lol. What I find in my 06 Mustang for ex. is my shoulder blades end up being squished a bit. It has been awhile since I test drove the Pro Cars but IIRC my shoulders were higher in the seat than I think they should be. My uncle has an SRT Challengers and those seats were very comfy for my size compared to the others mentioned. The procar seats are cheap compared to others so I wasn't expecting the world when I bought them.
      See my build

Jason

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com