Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Talk about seat time!!

After running The Ohio Muscle Car, I'm going to need a couple days to recover. A really good time with a lot of really good people, but man is my a$$ dragging. I made 69 laps on Sat., and I know I put down 35 on Fri, on a 1.6 mile course. Do the math, over 160 miles at damn near wide open throttle (crazy stuff). No wonder I'm so tired.

Really want to thank Bob and the sponsors for all the hard work putting this together. I'd also like to thank all the great competitors for such a great time. I slipping Tom some of my allergy meds to slow him down at the next event (man has he stepped it up this year). Still trying to figure out were Rich came from, crazy how fast he was. Love these events and the people, never boring!
      Ron Schwarz

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      After running The Ohio Muscle Car, I'm going to need a couple days to recover. A really good time with a lot of really good people, but man is my a$$ dragging. I made 69 laps on Sat., and I know I put down 35 on Fri, on a 1.6 mile course. Do the math, over 160 miles at damn near wide open throttle (crazy stuff). No wonder I'm so tired.

Really want to thank Bob and the sponsors for all the hard work putting this together. I'd also like to thank all the great competitors for such a great time. I slipping Tom some of my allergy meds to slow him down at the next event (man has he stepped it up this year). Still trying to figure out were Rich came from, crazy how fast he was. Love these events and the people, never boring!
      Glad you guys had fun! I wish I could of made this one but after GG Cbus, Syracuse Nats, Motorstate, and a last minute invite to the Sandhills Open Road Challenge in consecutive weeks I was exhausted and needed a break.

I had a blast too. Even with the clutch slipping BAD. Working on getting that fixed now.

I only did 30 something laps, but had a blast. I will be back at this track again.

Also thanks answering my brother questions on the car. He is going to be sending you a pm.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      I had a blast too. Even with the clutch slipping BAD. Working on getting that fixed now.

I only did 30 something laps, but had a blast. I will be back at this track again.

Also thanks answering my brother questions on the car. He is going to be sending you a pm.
      Bad94,

Is this your car?

Nick DiPrenda

I have more pics to post, but here is a snap I got of yours Ron.

Nick DiPrenda

Quote Originally Posted by dipren443 View Post
      Bad94,

Is this your car?

That's Billy Utely.

Here's Dan's
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post

Ron, I think you get the trooper award..you were out there alot. I logged 99.7 miles on the big track between Fri and Sat. My arms and shoulders are still pretty sore too. Probably cause I was so tense...hangin on for life

my favs so far:

Aaron
      Project G-Velle

Ron hit it on the head...more seat time than most of us could handle. Uncle Bubby (Bob Bertelson) puts on a great event and should be highly commended for the countless hours involved in this well organized event. Without good people like Bob, events like this would never happen...thanx Uncle Bubby! A special thanx needs to be heard for the Presenting Sponsors: R & H Motors, Forgeline Wheels and Bob's company, A Plus Powder Coaters; as well as the Associate Sponsors: Detroit Speed, Hutter Performance, UMI Performance, Vintage Wheels and ridetech. Without their support, OMCC could not take place. Not to be forgotten is Bob's church group, Upper Room Fellowship who fed us a delicious and much needed lunch with all of those great homemade cookies. The Saturday night steak dinner was sponsored by Hutter Performance, UMI Performance and A Plus Powder Coaters...it was wonderful and a great finale to Saturday's racing.

One of the best run events we participate in with plenty of seat time both on-track and auto crossing. I can't imagine anyone going home wishing for more...certainly not me. Fulfilled my goals this weekend: no grenades trailer tires and completed an event (the 1st one this summer)...Life is Good !!! And spending the weekend with all of the great friends makes it so much fun. Without the camaraderie, we'd just be riding around in a car...Life is Better !!!

Ron: No need to figure it out...it's done with 'Smoke & Mirrors'...LOL

Rich

Name:  ax013.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  103.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 65_LS1_T56 View Post
      Ron, I think you get the trooper award..you were out there alot. I logged 99.7 miles on the big track between Fri and Sat. My arms and shoulders are still pretty sore too. Probably cause I was so tense...hangin on for life

my favs so far:

Nick DiPrenda

Quote Originally Posted by 65_LS1_T56 View Post
      That's Billy Utely.

Here's Dan's
      Nick DiPrenda

Glad everyone had a good time and thanks for the kind words. I too am sore after driving so much. After most of you left, we had fun runs and I never got out of my car for one hour and thirty five minutes. Made over 20 more autocross rides giving rides to spectators.

I have posted the results and a link to pictures from the event at orangeconeracing.com. My guy taking pictures tried to get everyones car. There are 575 pictures in all. CHeck out the black and white pictures of a few cars.

I too want to again thank our sponsors.

Presenting sponsors:

Forgeline Wheels
      R&H Motors
      A Plus Powder Coaters, Inc.

Associate Sponsors:

Detroit Speed
      Hutter Performance
      UMI Performance
      Vintage Wheels
      Ride Tech

Here is a link to:http://orangeconeracing.com

For you of those not there, we got 7 sessions of 12 minutes on the north track, 1.6 mile 12 turn course with several elevation changes. Sunday we all got 16 autocross runs by 1PM. The event included 2 meals, pulled beef for lunch and steak for dinner l and the famous homemade cookies all day long.

Hope to see you all at next years event!

Bob Bertelsen

Nobody told me there'd be cookies!?!?

Sounds like a great event. Congrats on putting it together.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

It was like 'CookieFest 2013' with cookies from the Upper Room Fellowship and Mama Farrington.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by dipren443 View Post
      Sweet! thanks.
      Aaron
      Project G-Velle

Quote Originally Posted by lzdick View Post
      Ron hit it on the head...more seat time than most of us could handle. Uncle Bubby (Bob Bertelson) puts on a great event and should be highly commended for the countless hours involved in this well organized event. Without good people like Bob, events like this would never happen...thanx Uncle Bubby! A special thanx needs to be heard for the Presenting Sponsors: R & H Motors, Forgeline Wheels and Bob's company, A Plus Powder Coaters; as well as the Associate Sponsors: Detroit Speed, Hutter Performance, UMI Performance, Vintage Wheels and ridetech. Without their support, OMCC could not take place. Not to be forgotten is Bob's church group, Upper Room Fellowship who fed us a delicious and much needed lunch with all of those great homemade cookies. The Saturday night steak dinner was sponsored by Hutter Performance, UMI Performance and A Plus Powder Coaters...it was wonderful and a great finale to Saturday's racing.

One of the best run events we participate in with plenty of seat time both on-track and auto crossing. I can't imagine anyone going home wishing for more...certainly not me. Fulfilled my goals this weekend: no grenades trailer tires and completed an event (the 1st one this summer)...Life is Good !!! And spending the weekend with all of the great friends makes it so much fun. Without the camaraderie, we'd just be riding around in a car...Life is Better !!!

Ron: No need to figure it out...it's done with 'Smoke & Mirrors'...LOL

Rich

Name:  ax013.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  103.6 KB
      Well said Rich. Couldn't agree more.

Congratulations on your finish
      Aaron
      Project G-Velle

Thanx, Aaron

Another quick thanks to Bob for all the time invested into this one and all of the sponsors. And truly great to meet so many of you for the first time...hope to get out to a few more events in the next year.

Eric

A big thanks to Bob and the sponsors for a great event! I knew we were running hard when I ran out of gas twice in one day!Had a great time with MANY laps and great food and as always an amazing group of friends!
      Kenny Sr.

Beat it like a rental car!

Sorry to say that I completely missed this thread. Bob runs a great event for sure. To make things even better was the personnel at the track. Normally tracks treat us like they are doing us a favor, but Pittsburgh actually treated us like customers. Awesome event, great facility and some of my best friends! We'll do whatever it takes to attend again for sure.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com