Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1971 Chevy Camaro Pro Touring / Resto Mod - So Cal

I just copied what I have on Ebay. Please clink ebay link for pictures. The price is 33k & the car is located in Sourthern California. Message me for contact details

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Chevro...4AAOSwjGBc4F4L

1971 Chevy Camaro RS

Built in Van Nuys, Ca - Mulsanne Blue - original RS V8 car - So Cal its entire life

VIDEOS - copy/paste

Walk around video - https://youtu.be/TjO0XZT8Vj0

Cold start video - https://youtu.be/GnLsGil7RKI

Drive by video - https://youtu.be/Tfr39lKCbEM

Walk around idling - https://youtu.be/odwbUHp40jE

383ci stroker w/ ALL forged internals, aluminum heads, (525hp) built by Rapp Racing Engines in Huntington Beach, Ca
      Hedman 1 3/4" headers
      Performance Automatic Street Smart 700r4 (upgraded bands/servo/clutches etc) w/ PA 2500 stall converter
      Budnik 18x8 + 18x9.5 wheels wrapped in BFG G Force Sport Comps
      Wilwood 6 piston front / 4 piston rear brakes
      Ford 9" rear-end w/ Eaton Tru Trac posi, 389 gears lightened, cryo'd & REM finished gear
      Global West upper & lower control arms
      QA1 coilover suspension front, QA1 shocks rear
      Calvert Racing Split Monos w/ Cal-Trac bars
      Flaming River polished tilt steering column
      Classic dash insert w/ Autometer gauges
      Northern Aluminum radiator (massive)
      Polished stainless gas tank
      4 point weld in rollbar
      AMD cowl hood, only non-GM sheet metal on car
      Billet Specialties hood hinges
      Corbeau bucket seats
      Custom center console
      Custom Autosound stereo w/ kicker speakers
      Grant GT steering wheel
      ZEX nitrous kit (never been used on motor/trans)
      optima battery (relocated in trunk)

This car was just completed & has less than 450 miles on total restoration. Was restored over the course of several years. All mechanical parts are new. Along with almost everything else bumper to bumper. The car is very clean inside & out. It was built to be a daily driver, yet have the power & handling prowess to perform at the track as well. It has great balance as it currently sits. Fires right up & holds a perfect idle. The exhaust note is throaty at idle, yet mild while cruising. At wide open throttle it sounds like a full blown race car! It can cruise at 2500rpm at 80mph thanks to the new PA 700r4 4-speed transmission. The car currently needs nothing & is very well sorted out. There are no "bugs" & this car doesn't have some odd story to go along with it. NO dents, NO funny odors, NO mechanical or electrical faults. The car is very fast & can easily lay down 2 long strips of rubber if you so feel compelled. It runs nice & cool thanks to a massive Northern Aluminum radiator. The ride is comfortable, yet very responsive. I am 6'4 265lbs & I fit in the car comfortably. The Corbeau bucket seats are great! Engine bay is immaculate. Everything is polished (water pump, Powermaster alternator, power steering pump, water pump, brackets, billet hinges etc). Its been a Southern California car its whole life & is entirely rust free. Sits in the garage under a California Car Cover that will be included. I had future plans to get the car mini tubbed & install Vintage AC ($1400 for the kit). However a investment opportunity has presented itself & I need to free up the capitol. So I reluctantly must sell it. Its turn key ready to go. I hold the clean title in hand & the car is in my name. Now for the good stuff..

Paint & body duty was handled by RiteWay Autobody. Whom specialize in classic restoration. It was painted GM Indigo Blue Metallic w/ Mercedes Silver stripes, that were clear coated (smooth to the touch). The paint/body/gaps are great. It is stunning in direct sunlight. As the sun sets the colors all shift giving the paint an entirely new look (I tried to capture this in the photos). All factory GM metal with the exception of AMD hood w/ Billet Specialties hood hinges. The trunk has fresh splatter paint as well. Nitrous bottle is mounted, lines are neatly routed, optima battery was relocated to the trunk utilizing a billet bracket. It performs as well as it looks - the suspension is dialed in & handles great! It squats well, along with great entry & exit. The front suspension has a coil over conversion. Utilizing QA1 coil over shocks w/ Global West upper & lower control arms for support. Rear shocks are QA1 along with Calvert Racing Split Monos & Cal-Trac bars to help keep the rear tires firmly planted. With all the power the engine is making (I will get into that shortly) improved braking was a must. Bringing the 525 ponies to a halt are 6 piston Wilwood brakes up front & 4 piston in the rear. The factory 10 bolt rear-end was replaced w/ a fresh Ford 9" running 389 Richmond ring & pinion gears, that were lightened, cryo'd & REM finished. To keep both rear tires spinning together is a Eaton Tru Trac posi rotating 31 spline axles. New custom driveshaft. New polished stainless fuel tank. Its all riding on Budnik wheels & BFG G Force Sport Comp tread.

The engine is a 383 stroker utilizing a new 4 bolt main block. It was built at Rapp Racing Engines in Huntington Beach, Ca. Mark Rapp really took his time with this one. It is internally forged w/ Scat crank & Scat rods, helping thrust the RaceTec forged aluminum pistons - sealed by Total Seal plasma moly rings. Comp Pro Magnum hydraulic roller camshaft (I have specs), King bearings, Trick Flow 205cc aluminum heads (summit racing), Melling high volume oil pump, Moroso 7 qrt oil pan, MSD Pro Billet distributor. Sitting on top of it all is a polished Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake manifold w/ Holley 750cfm Quick Fuel carburetor that has been dialed in to perfection. It starts & runs as if it were fuel injected. Cannot say enough good things about Riverside Carburetor. Engine is 10.2 to 1 compression ratio & made 525hp on the engine dyno & is pump gas friendly. Exhaust gases are expelled via Hedman 1 3/4" headers - going into 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust tubing. A Zex nitrous plate has been installed w/ NOS solenoids (100hp jets). However the wiring from nitrous plate to the dash would need to be completed. This motor has never been sprayed. The NOS bottle is mounted in the trunk & lines are ran to the engine. The purge is also mounted in the cowl grill. Just to reiterate the wiring needs to be ran from the NOS solenoids to the dash (to a switch of your choosing). The MSD timing controller is hooked up & hidden (in glove box). To be honest the car is so fast as it is, it really doesn't need it. But hey, if you feel like having 620+ horsepower its there. Mark informed me the motor will take a 200hp shot. Handling the shifting duties is a new PA Street Smart 700r4 which has everything upgraded internally. Along with a PA 2500 stall converter, new custom driveshaft that has been balanced, new U jounts etc

The interior is well sorted out & looks great. The Corbeau seats are comfortable & provide much greater support than the factory ones. There is a custom rear seat delete kit installed & it was all done professionally. There is a 4 point roll bar (welded in & done the right way). Carpet goes around it seamless as if it came from the factory that way. Rear seats could be put back there again w/ rollbar. As I have seen it done before by a shop. Seatbelts, carpet, headliner, dash, gauges, stereo, speakers, wiring etc. is all new. Custom center console along w/ custom aluminum pieces throughout interior. There is a USB port to charge your device hidden on rear of center console. The MSD timing controller is mounted in glove box. Custom Autosound stereo & kicker speakers. Flaming River polished tilt column. Classic Dash with AutoMeter gauges. Grant GT polished steering wheel.

Killer Car...It will make someone a killer ride for a good deal

Very nice!

Thanks guys! Car has been sold

Congrats

Congrats to you and the lucky buyer! Did it sell off here or Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by hawg4fun View Post
      Congrats
      Thank you.

STREETFIGHTER50- It sold off Ebay to someone in Las Vegas. He drove down & grabbed it yesterday

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com